Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What the Hell!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> What the Hell!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What the Hell!!! - 5/16/2002 11:37:29 AM   
pad152

I ordered UV on 5/2/2002, and now I get an email saying my order status has been changed to CANCELED!!!

First the double billing on the credit card now this?

Very Unhappy Customer
Post #: 1
- 5/16/2002 12:03:58 PM   
David Heath

Some of the preorders made had to be cancelled because the Credit Cards was declined. Any declined credit card will automaticly cancel the order.

I am sorry but that is beyond our control.

David

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 2
- 5/16/2002 12:22:00 PM   
cpt_Venomous

I pre-ordered through my debit VISA, for some reason it didnt go
through, althouh I got the money, why didnt Matrix warn me 2 weeks ago at the same time game was ordered?! All of the sudden I got "canceled" message on a day it was supposed to ship. Had to reorder through Paypal, it means game be here week late. Really PISSES ME OFF.

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 3
- 5/16/2002 12:27:36 PM   
rawink

now I am starting to get nervous..

Robert
Fly, die.. rinse and repeat

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 4
- 5/16/2002 7:59:48 PM   
Supervisor

[QUOTE]I pre-ordered through my debit VISA, for some reason it didnt go through, althouh I got the money, why didnt Matrix warn me 2 weeks ago at the same time game was ordered?! All of the sudden I got "canceled" message on a day it was supposed to ship. Had to reorder through Paypal, it means game be here week late. Really PISSES ME OFF.[/QUOTE]
They didn't warn you 2 weeks ago because they didn't know 2 weeks ago. As they've said elsewhere, the credit cards are not charged until the game was ready to be shipped. Therefore, they only got the "refused" when they tried to charge the credit card.

That's how the system works. There would have been people complaining about having their credit cards charged some 2 weeks earlier (and possibly more if a delay had come in) than when the game would have been released, so what could Matrix do, hmmm? It's not Matrix's fault, it's the credit card companies. Give them a break.

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 5
- 5/16/2002 8:55:58 PM   
stretch

Not to nitpick and not that it matters to me, but I ordered 5/2 and was charged 5/8, a week before shipping.

I'll shut up now.

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 6
- 5/16/2002 8:59:38 PM   
Charles2222

Maybe the credit card company was one of those ones we see in the commercials who see an 'irregular' attempted charge to your account so they cancel it. Matrix would certainly be a new business to many of our credit card companies, but you wouldn't think if this was the case they'd bother to decline such a small charge. I hope I never bump into such a commie credit card company.

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 7
- 5/16/2002 9:09:14 PM   
Supervisor

[QUOTE]I pre-ordered through my debit VISA[/QUOTE]
Interesting enough, I have never had my CREDIT card refused, but I have had my DEBIT card refused quite a few times (and all those local). Must be a difference in the software/systems employed, I guess. :)

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 8
- 5/16/2002 9:57:38 PM   
AlvinS

I have used my debit card with 3 separate transactions with Matrix. No problems so far. It is a Visa Debit so maybe that makes a difference. I remember that I had a debit card that was specific to my bank and I had trouble using it at local stores.

I preordered the first day and they already had my payment information on account. My copy of UV is somewher between California and Kansas City and Due to me by Monday. I took the Pony Express route.

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> What the Hell!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI