Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Land Movement Problem in Russia

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Land Movement Problem in Russia Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Land Movement Problem in Russia - 3/23/2009 4:49:53 AM   
GordoNZ

I am attacking Russia in early 43 and have found a bug which will effect my plans.

The divisions in hex 66:31 were ordered to move to 67:32 but instead moved NW. It seems it is impossible to move between these two hexs even though there is a road connecting them.

Even moving them 1 by 1 didn't help.

It's annoying as the troops were suppose to cut the rail line and trap the 70k troops from the supplies in the west and not allow them to escape(North on Map)

Anyone else heard of this? If I knew about it I wouldn't have placed my troops there.

By the way it is a STOCK game. And RUPD (Allies) will still get a even with this annoyance.
Post #: 1
RE: Land Movement Problem in Russia - 3/23/2009 4:57:57 AM   
RUPD3658

Thank you sir may I have another!

Quit your griping and run the turn I just sent you.

< Message edited by RUPD3658 -- 3/23/2009 4:58:04 AM >

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke

(in reply to GordoNZ)
Post #: 2
RE: Land Movement Problem in Russia - 3/23/2009 9:26:23 AM   
m10bob

When units do not move, check them for "static units" within, (marked with an asterik usually)..They cannot be moved and the entire unit is meant as a defender only..

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 3
RE: Land Movement Problem in Russia - 3/23/2009 1:43:03 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: GordoNZ

I am attacking Russia in early 43 and have found a bug which will effect my plans.

The divisions in hex 66:31 were ordered to move to 67:32 but instead moved NW. It seems it is impossible to move between these two hexs even though there is a road connecting them.

Even moving them 1 by 1 didn't help.

It's annoying as the troops were suppose to cut the rail line and trap the 70k troops from the supplies in the west and not allow them to escape(North on Map)

Anyone else heard of this? If I knew about it I wouldn't have placed my troops there.

By the way it is a STOCK game. And RUPD (Allies) will still get a even with this annoyance.

Lots of movement glitches in the game seem to be unexplainable... but check with the R key to see if there is some hidden trail or something...

Also, use the W key to make sure you are not trying to move from one allied zone of control directly to another (even if you have ZOC there as well) - if there are Allied ZOCs in both hexes, the AI will try to move to a hex without an Allied ZOC first, which would explain the problem (maybe)...

Posting a screen shot would be a big help.

(in reply to GordoNZ)
Post #: 4
RE: Land Movement Problem in Russia - 3/24/2009 12:45:58 AM   
GordoNZ

Here is a Map of Russia

I have further problems and they are major - almost game ending.

First problem: Units cannot move from A to B even though there is a road. This is the problem above.

Second Problem: I gave orders for my army to move from Blagoveshchesk (D) to E hex 70:26. Many of them arrived but 5 Div, 100k men decided to move into hex F on the way to E. Now they are moving at 1 mile per day trying to get out.. I also sent 3 Div from D to Khomsomalsk two arrived ok but one decided to enter hex G on the way.

Thats 120k men out of the war for 2 months, my offensive is stopped cold because of the game engine.

i would ask for a redo but in the two turns since Tom has given me the smack down in two other locations so can't. Toms lucky I am not a quiter otherwise I would at the moment. I am really gutted.

WiTP is a good game but these types of things stop it from being a great game.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 5
RE: Land Movement Problem in Russia - 3/24/2009 12:53:08 AM   
RUPD3658

I am away from my home computer right now but I have a feeling I know what the problem is. Check the hex to the left of Khomsomalsk by hitting the "W" key. I have a feeling that it is an Allied controlled hex.

I have experienced this in the past. If you set a destination that is more than 1 hex away and it means going through an enemy ZOC (Even if the hex is empty), sometimes the dim witted AI routes the LCU off the road to avoid going through the enemy ZOC.

While this will not undue the current situation it may help prevent it in the future.

I don't have an answer for the A to B move not happening but I think I had the same thing happen in my game against KDonovan.

Of course the other reason could be my Spetznaz commandos in Jap uniforms changing the road signs and misdirecting traffic.

< Message edited by RUPD3658 -- 3/24/2009 1:01:07 AM >

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke

(in reply to GordoNZ)
Post #: 6
RE: Land Movement Problem in Russia - 3/24/2009 1:16:57 AM   
heenanc

I've had this problem in the past and although I was told that you have to click on the base not the hex (on the turn of the advise I got to move my troops for the first time in 6 turns) I have a feeling that it's to do with supplies available to the units your requesting to move.

Stacking up a large force creates supply issues... before the force can move as a group to the next hex you need to be sure that not a single unit in that formation is low on supplies (red or orange) if they are then they won't move.I believe this was the issue I faced as I was affected n China!!

I could be wrong with this evaluation however I'd be happy to be put right!!!!

< Message edited by heenanc -- 3/24/2009 1:21:47 AM >

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Land Movement Problem in Russia Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI