Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Art Imitating Life

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Art Imitating Life Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Art Imitating Life - 3/22/2009 5:42:03 PM   
DarcyD

Funny how art imitates life sometimes...

I am in week seven of the new season of my Canadian based league and have let the CPU play all of the games. As of the last game the Calgary based team leads the North West Division with Edmonton in last place.

Montreal leads the North East Division at 6-1 with the Hamilton based team in the basement at 0-7.
In the Southern Division, The Baltimore based team is at 7-0 with the Shreveport and the Las Vegas based teams bringing up the rear at 1-6 and 0-7 respectively.

Many of the games have been close and could have gone either way, but you can't deny the final standings. Think I'll have to get some popcorn and sit and watch as the playoff run starts, could make for an interesting championship game.
Post #: 1
RE: Art Imitating Life - 3/23/2009 3:05:21 PM   
long_time_fan

Not bad. How may teams do you have in your league. I am playing a 40 team CFL, and may expand that a little more before I cap the league.
LTF

(in reply to DarcyD)
Post #: 2
RE: Art Imitating Life - 3/24/2009 3:55:22 AM   
DarcyD

I play a 20 team Canadian rules league with four divisions of five teams (two Northern and two Southern divisions). It was quite a bit of work to set up the league and get it working the way I wanted it, however the work was well worth it. This is the first season I have let the CPU run all the games and it has made for some really interesting (and rather exciting) results. A good portion of the games have been really close and there have been a couple of kick to wins. I am thinking of expanding the league next season to maybe 25 or 30 teams. You have the love the customization of this game, if you want to add teams to a league you just think of a catchy name and draw some graphics and your on your way. What cities did you use for your teams? Did you use Canadian cities or invent your own?

(in reply to long_time_fan)
Post #: 3
RE: Art Imitating Life - 3/24/2009 5:14:50 AM   
long_time_fan

I have all the original 9 CFL teams (Rens not RR's), all the CFL USA teams, and NFL teams adding up to 40.  Right now I have 2 conferences, each with 4 divisions, and 5 teams in each division.  I had to create graphics for LA, Detroit (didn't want two Lions teams), Victoria, and Sarnia (Mykal is really awesome at designing and creating logos).  The rest were downloaded from MaxFB before it disappeared.  Where possibleI used existing logo sets (like the London Monarchs graphics for London, ON, and the Sacramento Surge graphics for Saskatoon, etc...). I plan on going up to 52 when I have the time.  I still play one team (coach mode), but the AI is a little wonky (I've only lost 2 games in the last 4 yars - 18 game regular season sched).This is a really great game and I love playing it.

LTF

(in reply to DarcyD)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Art Imitating Life Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI