Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Wish List thread

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> RE: Wish List thread Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wish List thread - 3/8/2009 8:22:53 PM   
Mus

Couple more requests:

1.  Show morale effects from Guard units and any other factors currently left out into the Combat Report.

2.  In Division level detailed combat you can make formation changes for 2 points but the percentage chance stops displaying once you go under the number of MP needed to make the formation changes under classic COG or current brigade level costs.  Please correct this display issue.

< Message edited by Mus -- 3/8/2009 11:30:42 PM >

(in reply to dude)
Post #: 31
RE: Wish List thread - 3/8/2009 8:50:42 PM   
dude

Sieges:  I understand the debate about making them easier in this version but a force that is seiging should not be allowed to move in the same turn that it conducted a siege.  If a force is plotted to move then they should not be allowed to conduct a siege.

I was able to move into a territory... then on the next turn conduct a siege at the begining of the turn and then still move on to my next target (province) in the same turn.... rinse and repeat... With a couple of British Corps in Spain I just rolled right on through... never having to stop.  It felt like Patton was in my army.

A force should have a fourth option... No Seige.  The standard three are starve, fire at walls, and charge walls; if you choose one of those you should not be allowed to move the force.

“Ifs defeated the Confederates…” U.S.Grant

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 32
RE: Wish List thread - 3/9/2009 5:29:31 AM   
EisenHammer

I agree with the dude. ^

(in reply to dude)
Post #: 33
RE: Wish List thread - 3/9/2009 5:42:27 AM   
Mus

Another item for the wishlist:  The renaming feature is a little rough.  The user cant rename something to be as long a name as units already in the game.  Also seems like some kind of bug, perhaps to do with reloading, replaces random characters in the renamed unit at times.

(in reply to EisenHammer)
Post #: 34
RE: Wish List thread - 3/10/2009 1:55:01 PM   
terje439

I would like it if in peace treaties I could demand the scuttling of odd numbers of ships. This would allow me to maximise the points spent on this demand.

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 35
RE: Wish List thread - 3/11/2009 12:11:22 AM   
augustus

ability to rename generals in the "balanced scenario." So far it seems I can rename everything, including diplomats, but not generals.

(in reply to dude)
Post #: 36
RE: Wish List thread - 3/11/2009 1:38:06 AM   
Mus

quote:

ORIGINAL: augustus

ability to rename generals in the "balanced scenario." So far it seems I can rename everything, including diplomats, but not generals.

Renaming your generals is a little over the top, not quite as bad as putting your horse in the Senate, but close.

I dont think you should be able to rename the Diplomats either, I think it should come from a name generator of appropriate ethnic/national names.

(in reply to augustus)
Post #: 37
RE: Wish List thread - 3/11/2009 4:00:00 PM   
Anthropoid

1) Ability to see Generals stats during Detailed Battle.

2) Ability to set supply/replacement rates for different units.

I second a lot of the previous ones, if salient I'll be happy to enumerate which ones but a poll might be the most efficient.

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 38
RE: Wish List thread - 3/12/2009 2:07:32 AM   
Mus

You already can see Generals stats in detailed battle.

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 39
RE: Wish List thread - 3/12/2009 3:04:57 AM   
Steely Glint

Larger naval maps. Much larger.

“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 40
RE: Wish List thread - 3/12/2009 3:30:33 PM   
dude

This is a repost of part of an item I put in another thread... but I want to add it to the wish list...

Frigates... I'm tired of my fleet of twenty plus ships being chased away by a couple of privateers or merchants... When going into battle against merchants or privateers only your frigates enter the battle... I have on a few
occasions lost those battles (because I had a damaged frigate or too few) only to watch my mighty fleet chased away.  Fine... I might lose... but the whole fleet should not be forced out of the sea zone by a loss to privateers and especially to merchants.  I got really ticked when my supply line to Spain was cut because Swedish and Russian merchants just happend to pass through and my two frigates (with a fleet of twenty other ships) I had were defeated.  My fleet retreated and my sea depot was destoryed.

(in reply to Steely Glint)
Post #: 41
RE: Wish List thread - 3/12/2009 8:32:33 PM   
Mus

I want the ability to add basically any province that isnt one of my core provinces to a protectorate.

(in reply to dude)
Post #: 42
RE: Wish List thread - 3/12/2009 9:06:36 PM   
augustus

just to clarify my comment on renaming generals, I'm not referring to any but the "balanced scenario" where your army commanders are all named "Commander", all your diplomats are named "Diplomat", etc. I'd prefer if the game gave them random names, but it doesn't.

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 43
RE: Wish List thread - 3/13/2009 3:10:38 AM   
Mus

Morale is displayed as a light blue bar on a higher level for both ground units and ships, but if you open an Army or Corp and look there the morale bar is still the light blue, but ships inside a fleet are displayed as a dark blue.

I believe it used to be dark blue across the board and it was changed to make it easier to see (I remember seeing a request during the making of the game regarding that) but looks like you missed a spot.

Please change the morale bar of ships inside a fleet container to the easier to see light blue.

< Message edited by Mus -- 3/13/2009 3:11:58 AM >

(in reply to augustus)
Post #: 44
RE: Wish List thread - 3/16/2009 8:22:45 PM   
Berkut

I would like to see a lot more information about how upgrades and special abilities effect quick/instant combats.

Ability to add someone to a AI controlled position in the middle of a PBEM game.

Ability to turn a human player over to the AI during a PBEM game.

I like the idea of a "moderate" economic system - one with all the different resources, but without the need to manage them on a province by province level.

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 45
RE: Wish List thread - 3/16/2009 11:30:32 PM   
Mus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Berkut

Ability to add someone to a AI controlled position in the middle of a PBEM game.

Ability to turn a human player over to the AI during a PBEM game.

Not sure if we are supposed to second or anything, but this is a must. If you get one person flake out of your PBEM game you have to wait till you can find a replacement or you are screwed.

(in reply to Berkut)
Post #: 46
RE: Wish List thread - 3/17/2009 5:13:32 AM   
barbarossa2

-Add Swedish Pomerania! Perhaps just a box like Gibraltar.
-Make Genoa a box and slide Piedmont and Savoy south so that Switzerland can be in its proper location.

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 47
RE: Wish List thread - 3/17/2009 7:32:48 PM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

A feature that was in 'Medieval Diplomacy' might be really good for the PBEM Multi-player ie the ability to load Allies armies on to your fleets, so for eg, in the Baltic as Prussia dosnt have a navy as such maybe Sweden or Russia could act as transport fleets.

Just a thought.

All the Best
Peter

(in reply to barbarossa2)
Post #: 48
RE: Wish List thread - 3/19/2009 4:04:16 PM   
dude

I would like to see a lot more data opened up for modding.  I think a lot of the values used could be put in a text file that we could then modify to our taste.  Maybe I want merchants to be harder to find... so let me tweak that value... etc.  I've had a few games that allowed tweaking a lot of the core values used within the game and not just things like build costs and times.  I'd like to see the values for the difficulty levels so I can tweak them to my liking for example.

I like a game that will allow me the most flexibility in setting up the conditions.  COG:EE is a great game in my opinion but I do sometimes wish I could tweak a few values here and there that just aren’t available.

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 49
RE: Wish List thread - 3/19/2009 8:07:09 PM   
terje439

In my glory and morale history each month is separated by a line, I would love to see that line added to the other countries as well as it makes it easier to "read".

(in reply to dude)
Post #: 50
RE: Wish List thread - 3/20/2009 12:55:27 AM   
MemnonCT

An alpha file for each countries unit graphics, (MapUnits and HexWar.) So motivated players can modify a unique look into each country.

< Message edited by MemnonCT -- 3/21/2009 2:34:29 PM >

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 51
RE: Wish List thread - 3/20/2009 2:41:15 PM   
moose1999

In the same vein as the previous poster - the ability to mod in full sets of flags and units to the minor nations in the game, instead of having them use the default 'minor nation' set of flags and units.

regards,

Briny

(in reply to MemnonCT)
Post #: 52
RE: Wish List thread - 3/20/2009 3:22:49 PM   
moose1999

One more:

The ability to turn off the appearance of levied units in the spring...!
By other means than lowering the Military Readyness slider (because that also lowers the quality of your armies...).

EDIT: Correction, lowering the Military Readyness slider lowers the strength of your armies...

< Message edited by briny_norman -- 3/21/2009 10:14:10 AM >

regards,

Briny

(in reply to moose1999)
Post #: 53
RE: Wish List thread - 3/21/2009 2:53:09 AM   
abarlow17

My wish (along with some good ones above) is on the loading screen please after the initial screen with a interesting quotes put in a "press spacebar to enter". I never get the chance to fully read some of the longer ones as it loads and disappears pretty quickly. Everytime I load I start reading it but never can get so the place I got to previously to continue reading it quick enough. And on second thought also be able to toggle this as an option on/off so once I have read all the quotes I could just load straight into the game like I currently can. I would greatly appreciate this.

Thank you.

abarlow

(in reply to moose1999)
Post #: 54
RE: Wish List thread - 3/21/2009 6:57:29 AM   
Randomizer

I would like to also cast a vote for bigger naval battle maps.  Much bigger.  Huge in fact...

Thanks

(in reply to abarlow17)
Post #: 55
RE: Wish List thread - 3/22/2009 1:00:29 PM   
SalmanBashi

Throwing in my support for the giganto naval maps. Especially since so much of naval warfare was manoevering for position & the weather gauge it'd be nice to maybe have the huge maps along with a 'very long ass far away' start point so you could get in your chosen formation without rushing, and then see about trying for position with the enemy fleet.

(in reply to Randomizer)
Post #: 56
RE: Wish List thread - 3/23/2009 2:28:40 AM   
Anthropoid

Want to second: ability to undo build and diplomatic orders. Also want to second bigger naval maps; the naval part of the engine is brilliant, but the maps need to be quite a bit bigger to really allow it to live up to its full potential. Any bigger at all would be a bonus, but the bigger the better.

(A) Economy pages need a bit of tweaking in Advanced Economy. The totals don't always seem to add up and the reasons are not always clear. I recently was running a negative economy due to being in a war with Spain, England, Russia and Sweden, and figured it was due to supply issues, but I could not see where the cost for my supply was being succinctly summarized. I raised taxes, put units on forage, traded food, timber, etc. for gold with the few nations that would trade, etc., and managed to get my net number down on the bottom of the page up to -50 instead of -200, but other than that number I couldn't see where the excess cost was coming from.

(B) Great Naval Leaders in naval containers.

(C) Ability to to put privateers in squadrons

(D) Different weapon purchases like in FoF

(E) Different container-specific supply settings like in FoF, which adjust how costly the depots are. There should be some kind of set cost for a depot, but if you are running all the units in or adjacent to the hex at low supply levels, it shouldn't cost as much as if you have all of them set to high supply levels.

(F) One or two more "Formations" for land units. One formation that should be available right from the start and have a high probability of success is "Using Cover" or some-such for use when the unit is in an urban or fortress hex, and maybe even in a forested hex (I'll leave that one to the period experts).

I am still not clear what the "best" formation is for a unit that is in an urban or fortress hex (or for that matter a forest hex). Column to me means column, not column and every other formation besides line and square. For that matter, I doubt the "formation" that a unit would take when it moves into a town or a fort would be akin to a "column" anyway.

Why not kill two birds with one stone here: create a new formation that is specific to defensive terrain where cover is plentiful and which is beneficial in such terrain (but very unbeneficial if there is not cover in the terrain). It seems to me that the instinct to get inside a building or behind a corner or a parapet is the most basic of instincts that will come naturally to the most green or cowardly of militias, so the idea that an incompetent unit can only manage to stay rigidly in column formation foregoing the defensive benefit of ducking inside some buildings has always stuck out to me as a slight niggling annoyance with this engine. One thing that could make it even better: make it hard for a unit that has less morale or experience or whatever you call it to switch BACK to column or line once it is IN a defensive tile and in the "Take Cover" formation. It might be easy to get even the most cowardly green militia to get behind cover but then getting them back OUT of cover! That could be another story.

(G) Ability to change game settings after a game has started. For example, I wasn't sure what "Path of Napoleon" meant and started up a game with that as the victory. Then I realized it was going to end my game after only a couple years! Would've been nice if I could reset it to 1000 glory, then when I realized that that was too short reset it to 5000.

< Message edited by Anthropoid -- 3/23/2009 2:40:52 AM >

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to SalmanBashi)
Post #: 57
RE: Wish List thread - 3/24/2009 5:40:16 PM   
ubik

- Screen Resolution
- Mouse Wheel zoom
- Land and Sea Battle Generator from the Main Menu

(in reply to dude)
Post #: 58
RE: Wish List thread - 3/25/2009 1:59:51 PM   
Dego

Reinforcement of the guard unit:  Historically the soldiers of the guard not were conscripts; they were selected between the most experienced soldiers of the army. In this way, the guard units replaced their loss, but at the same time other units decreased their experience.
So, is it possible adopt a system to reinforce the guard more correct by a historically point of view?

(in reply to dude)
Post #: 59
RE: Wish List thread - 3/26/2009 3:51:55 PM   
Dego

The battles should not be fought by all the units belonging to an army. The number of unit available to fight should be determined on the base of the strategic ability of the generals. In my opinion, a battle should be attended by a fixed minimum number of corps plus a variable number of corps, determined on the base of a check on the strategic ability of the army general and of the strategic ability of the corps generals.

(in reply to Dego)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> RE: Wish List thread Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI