Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> After Action Reports >> RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica - 3/15/2009 3:43:09 AM   
Petiloup

Fall 1941:

Russia:

Sometimes the Gods of War seems to answer your prayers. Germany did mount a big push against Moscow at the same time threatening Kursk. Seems I would have to choose between loosing Moscow or Kursk but as Kursk is the open door to Gorki, Stalingrad and Rostov there is no obvious choice... but to counterattack.

Observing the Frontline there was no Whermacht in Belarussia, 1 Mil garrisoning the rear of the whole German Center Army Group and in the North either. My 2 tanks armies and my para were at the right place. So after opening the door in Belarussia, flying my para to cut the Northern escape route and my 2 tanks armies to destroy that lonely MIL then the whole German Center Army Group was surrounded.

In the other AAR I noticed a French sending his AA to destroy planes even they would be destroyed in the process so I tried that against the German fighter. Worked better than expected clearing the sky and noticing in the process that the German AA was hit as well. Tried to hit her again with 1 ART but that was a waste My bombers went lucky destroying the Rail Lines suppressing the defense bonus.

Then was just a matter to sent the Red Army to an all out attack against that Center Army Group. You can see the result below. All the damaged units were destroyed while my factories could work fully to repair part of my own losses. The pressure is still there but this might be the turning point in the East I just needed before Winter.

China:

Keeping the pressure against Japan. Waiting for the US troops to engage the Japanese as well.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to xianing)
Post #: 31
RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica - 3/15/2009 4:52:53 AM   
Lucky1

ouch!

(in reply to Petiloup)
Post #: 32
RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica - 3/16/2009 7:05:41 PM   
xianing

I saw that in Japan's turn.

(in reply to Lucky1)
Post #: 33
RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica - 3/17/2009 3:27:13 PM   
lkendter

This is a good example how one battle can turn the war.  I will read to the end, but I suspect the axis are deep in the hole.

(in reply to xianing)
Post #: 34
RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica - 3/18/2009 12:45:35 AM   
Marshall Art

Winter 1942 - o.k. for all gravediggers - make it 6 feet and 2 inches long 

If Philippe refers to the Gods of war as AA hitting my fighter on the dreaded 1 bombarment roll, his 3 bombers getting two autohits and both hits going to one armour instead being distributed to both than indeed his prayers were heared. But in fact, despite the fact that losses were higher than anticipated I accounted for some losses in order to tempt him. I saw his Army retreat back just to delay any major battle so I tried a riskier move. Now after some clean up the Red Army is stripped from most offensive weapons, his Siberian front is still almost undefended and the Frontline is still right outside Moscow. I hope Japan can capitalize from Germany's sacrifice and continue to push aggressively towards the Ural factories. Given the WA entry is accompanied by some surprises lurking below the waves there is still good reason to not count the Axis out just yet

turn sent to Ning.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to lkendter)
Post #: 35
RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica - 3/21/2009 4:27:38 PM   
xianing

After an examination of situation, Japan decide to attack WA (spies say they have already 10 carriers but this is definitely not true). Japan also proposed to give back China more lands for peace.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Marshall Art)
Post #: 36
RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica - 3/24/2009 3:58:43 PM   
Petiloup

Winter 1942:

Russia:

Russia did counterattack on both fronts just to weaken the Whermacht and the IJA. While my factories are on the frontline at least the damaged troops are back on the frontline right away

We will still loose some regions but the US is in the war and that will make the Axis a bit more worried about a second front now.

China:

Recognizing the superiority of China armies, the IJA did retreat from Hong-Kong 1 MIL is happy to bring back HK to mother China.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Polonthi -- 3/24/2009 3:59:47 PM >

(in reply to xianing)
Post #: 37
RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica - 3/27/2009 11:03:03 PM   
Marshall Art

Spring 1942 - Italy clears the Med after massive sub and tac.air support. 3 WA BBs damaged or sunk, one Italian BB damaged. Finally Russia is defending on both ends. German spearheads, although exhausted, reach the Cremlin. Allied troop count in Britain reached alarming levels. Limited success by subs in the Atlantic waters, due to focus on the Med and poor shooting. WA has just reached Sub-attack level 3, it is going to be a bloody battle of the sea lanes...

turn sent to Ning.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Petiloup)
Post #: 38
RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica - 3/28/2009 5:59:46 AM   
a511

quote:

China:

Recognizing the superiority of China armies, the IJA did retreat from Hong-Kong 1 MIL is happy to bring back HK to mother China.

Thanks for returning HK to mother China!! 

a511

Post #: 39
RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica - 3/31/2009 12:56:18 PM   
Petiloup

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshall Art

Finally Russia is defending on both ends. German spearheads, although exhausted, reach the Cremlin.

Spring 1942:

Russia:

Almost 20 ART blasted away German troops occupying Moscow. The city is burning but is now liberated. Exhausted Germans are taking rest in newly builded Goulag in some part of liberated Siberia

Finally Russia is counterattacking on both ends. The IJA will begin to feel the pain as well

China:

Keeping the pressure on the Japanese to help our Allies.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 40
RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica - 4/1/2009 6:44:26 PM   
Marshall Art

Summer 1942 - An astonishing defeat in the last turn - about 15 Russian Arty's land at least 5-6 hits due to -1- Bombardment rolls, of course German troops do not score due to damage and suppression modifiers. German reinforcements recapture the smoking ruins of the Cremlin and start a scorched earth campaign. Word of mouth is that the 71 VP level is still within reach. It feels like the WA are as strong in 1942 as they are in 1943 typically - 10 carriers are floating around somewhere. Bad for Japan... Good news for Germany is that Russia is greatly reduced with about 15 remaining resources, so the Russians will probably need a while until they get near Berlin...

Turn sent to Ning.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Marshall Art -- 4/1/2009 6:45:07 PM >

(in reply to Petiloup)
Post #: 41
RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica - 4/3/2009 8:44:29 AM   
xianing

42sum, the good news is Japan and Germany reached the first water mark. The bad news is this may be the highest we could reach.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 42
RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica - 4/3/2009 12:30:46 PM   
Petiloup

Summer 1942:

Russia:

Moscow is liberated... once again and this time the Whermacht ain't coming back next turn. The whole Northern Front in Russia is held by 1 Panzer Group, a few MIL and the Luftwaffe. Counterattack was very effective. ART is now upgraded in Attack. We are going to make good use of this to have Leningrad liberated soon.

The IJA is retreating but still in number. We will deal with them soon enough

China:

Our push against Indochina has been counter so back inland.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to xianing)
Post #: 43
RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica - 4/4/2009 11:25:20 PM   
Marshall Art

Fall 1942 - A cheer to the brave Spanish who managed to damage 2 HBs and 2 Paras out of 5 each invading Spain. The tide indeed is turning so an anti-rail campaign was launched over Russia. Except for Artillery Russia seems to be in short supplies of everything else, so the bulk of the Germany Army was transferred West to see if the Wallies are up for a battle...

Turn sent to Ning.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Marshall Art -- 4/4/2009 11:26:10 PM >

(in reply to Petiloup)
Post #: 44
RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica - 4/6/2009 9:32:27 AM   
xianing

Japan spies get some important information from WA and it is shared with Germany.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 45
RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica - 4/7/2009 5:50:23 AM   
Petiloup

Fall 1942:

Russia:

Even we will have to walk to Berlin, Germany will taste the Red Army vengeance for burning Moscow.

Counterattacks have moved us close to Leningrad which should be liberated soon unless Germany brings in reinforcements.

The Artic route of supply to Russia is reopened which is a big relief to Russia War effort

The Luftwaffe is a nuisance and we will deal with it soon enough

China:

Japan has bombed our Rail Lines once again and damaged a factory but now we see numerous carriers from the US Navy coming to the rescue.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to xianing)
Post #: 46
RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica - 4/7/2009 9:32:43 PM   
Marshall Art

Germany Winter 1942 -

a few small air attacks damaged a few Allied ships and fighters. Standoff between German-occupied France and Spain occupied by the Wallies. Hope is the Russians will be happy with Leningrad and not move any further... The US Carrier Fleet now anchors in East Australia?

turn sent to Ning.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Marshall Art -- 4/7/2009 9:33:03 PM >

(in reply to Petiloup)
Post #: 47
RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica - 4/8/2009 3:16:18 PM   
xianing

43wi Japan envaded India to put more pressure en WA.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 48
RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica - 4/8/2009 4:49:29 PM   
Petiloup

Winter 1943:

Russia:

The Whermacht disappeared so we are pushing forward as fast as we can walk. Leningrad, Velijke Luki, Belarussia, Kharvov, Murmansk liberated.

Finland is ready to surrender and unless Germany does something we will enter Poland in Spring 1943.

The Red Army is ready for a major offensive against Japan. 26 ART and INF against 13 IJA units. Will they dare to face us?

The Air Force destroyed it's firs Japanese HB, first of more to come

China:

The IJA seems ready to mount an offensive Inland China so we send reinforcements.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to xianing)
Post #: 49
RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica - 4/9/2009 11:31:38 PM   
Marshall Art

Spring 1943 -
major attacks on Allied sea units, 8 trannies and 2 DDs hit at a loss of the subs. The Wallies seem not yet ready for a fight and retreat back to Portugal. The US Carrier Fleet lost half of its CAGs with no replacements in sight.

turn sent to Ning.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Petiloup)
Post #: 50
RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica - 4/10/2009 2:19:26 AM   
Petiloup

Whermacht
Luftwaffe
Kriegsmarine

Come back and fight in Russia... I'm ready

Post #: 51
RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica - 4/11/2009 1:05:59 PM   
xianing

JP 43 spring turn,
Japanese left India, damaged the only WA Carrier in Indian Ocean.
Seems now Japan is becoming the priority target of all the world

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Petiloup)
Post #: 52
RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica - 4/11/2009 4:37:11 PM   
Petiloup

Spring 1943:

Russia:

Finland surrenders, Eastern Poland invaded but more to destroy the Rail Line to prevent an easy return by the Whermacht. All our supplies were used to attack the Japanese who just got a taste of our artillery.

Japan build 18 Fighters but now they will have to choose Ground Troops to stop the Red Army or Fighters to stop the US Navy,

China:

Tired of doing nothing China attacked Shanghai and shot down one Japanese CAG. We are helping our US ally every way we can

Attachment (1)

(in reply to xianing)
Post #: 53
RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica - 4/12/2009 6:20:33 PM   
Marshall Art

Summer 1943 - Wallies have only 2 BBs and 2 DDs in the Pacific as the rest is accounted for in the Atlantic - up and swimming or sunk. The Allied Naval effort to supply Russia is very costly. Allies are back in Spain - will they retreat again at the first sight of Axis tanks?

It took the Axis 3 years to finally persuade Hungary to join. Only after some Russian troops nocked at their doors Horthy was talked into releasing his troops under German command.

Finally, German Stuka pilots discovered that they can well hit British Factories and Resources, too

On another topic - we are hitting new records regarding turn around time - 6 turns in less than 16 days in a highly interesting game - that is simply splendid, fabulous 
bring it on Allies

turn sent to Ning.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Marshall Art -- 4/12/2009 6:21:05 PM >

(in reply to Petiloup)
Post #: 54
RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica - 4/13/2009 4:58:02 AM   
Petiloup

quote:

The Allied Naval effort to supply Russia is very costly.

Indeed but it saved Russia which is worth the investment. Without the Red Army to worry about in their back the Axis would have an easier life to survive beyond the end date.

quote:

On another topic - we are hitting new records regarding turn around time - 6 turns in less than 16 days in a highly interesting game - that is simply splendid, fabulous

It's quite fun to be able to have the turns move fast as is, wonder which TMZ we all are but it works well

Post #: 55
RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica - 4/13/2009 4:52:22 PM   
xianing

Japan 43sum, to save our brave carrier blocked in Indian ocean by Allies, an amphibious attack was launched at Sumatra to retaken the control of Malacca. It was a total victory for our side because no damage to us but all 4 WA units were destroyed.
Facing Russian overwhelming attack, Japan decided to temporarily retreat.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Petiloup)
Post #: 56
RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica - 4/13/2009 5:45:40 PM   
Petiloup

Summer 1943:

Russia:

The Red Army pushed forward in Siberia heading for Vladisvostock.

The Baltic States are liberated as well as Kiev putting some pressure against Rumania. Let's see if our Allies will keep their part of the bargain to mobilize the Whermacht in France.

China:

Nothing new after last turn attack.

(in reply to xianing)
Post #: 57
RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica - 4/17/2009 9:21:17 PM   
Marshall Art

Fall 1943 - Eagle Day. The Luftwaffe sorties in force and sweeps the Skies over England from spits and P-51s. Stukas hit the airfields. Best of all, it appears the Allied supply chain will hardly be re-established due to Axis planes patrolling the sea between England and Spain.

As the Allies stayed in Spain they appear stuck there with 5 supplies. As Russia has a total of 27 supplies available this turn (axis air patrols prevented Arctic convoys) troops were reshuffled East to face the Russian spearheads that keep crawling Westward.

The pic shows WAllied troop level prior and after the German movement phase. The fighters available to the Axis: 35 (15 German + 20 Japanese) - Allies: 19 (9 WA + 10 Russian) + 15 (WA) in queue.

turn sent to Ning.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Petiloup)
Post #: 58
RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica - 4/18/2009 9:22:04 AM   
Petiloup

quote:

Best of all, it appears the Allied supply chain will hardly be re-established due to Axis planes patrolling the sea between England and Spain.

By experience planes can't blockade sea supply as once ships fight them and those are not destroyed, the planes will rebase.

So the blockade shouldn't last long and then it's 44 Allied units to attack 28 German units in France... that will be interesting to see.

God speed to the Allies

Post #: 59
RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica - 4/19/2009 11:18:09 AM   
xianing

43 Fall, Japan successfully damaged the last factory in India.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Petiloup)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> After Action Reports >> RE: Round 3 2vs2: MarshallArt/Sandeman vs. Polonthi/Tica Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI