Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AAR/Invite to battle

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Opponents Wanted >> AAR/Invite to battle Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AAR/Invite to battle - 5/17/2002 2:50:44 PM   
Seth

Hello all,
Just finished a brutal fight with Warhorse. His Bulgarians advancing on my Greeks in 1941. I beat him, but it was ugly. He lost 1339 men, 12, artillery, 45 soft vehicles and 34 AFVs. I lost 1056 men, 4 soft vehicles, and 25 AFVs.
In the beginning it was all Warhorse. My ADGZ armored cars were shot magnets for his tanks, and without any AT capability to speak of, he quickly rolled deep into my lines, especially in the south. Luckily my stalwart MG crews cut down many of the supporting cavalry, and in the north my 81mm mortars devestated his armor, killing 9 tanks. I counterattacked with motorcyclists and cavalry, and the chase was on. In fierce fighting, I overran nearly all the infantry, and then raced east to destroy his artillery and his fleeing trucks. Unfortunately, I had no way to deal with the tanks left running around, save for suicidal Chicom wave tactics that cost me about 12-15 men per tank killed. My ADGZ crews were only safe against trucks. They could kill the CV 33's and Vickers tanks, but the Lt 35's were a menace. I failed to move my 65mm IGs up until too late, so he was able to cruise around in the rear and capture objectives. I'll take any challenger now. I am using slots 3,4,and 6, and I have nonstandard Czech and Bulgarian OOB's. I prefer small battles, because my hotmail account has a low size limit.
Seth
Post #: 1
Welcome - 5/18/2002 7:14:50 PM   
Orzel Bialy

Seth,
With the sight down yesterday and everyone rushing to get their reports in....looks like you got shoved towards the end of the list.
What do you consider small? :) Name your game and we'll have a go at it. I don't have any real preferences...other than I don't care to be the French of 1940 any time soon again....:D
E-mail me or post back here if you already have someone to fight...or if you want to brawl!

(in reply to Seth)
Post #: 2
- 5/18/2002 11:06:59 PM   
Seth

Orzel,
I've accepted your challenge. I sent you a private message with the details. My email address is [email]sethgaines@hotmail.com[/email], I forgot my profile had it wrong. I am using slots 3,4,and 6.

For anyone else who wants a game I can take on another challenger, but the battle shouldn't have more than about 3k points per side, because of my hotmail storage limit.
Seth

(in reply to Seth)
Post #: 3
- 5/19/2002 12:46:32 AM   
Goblin

Hey Seth, we've been doing medium maps, 6k points per side with hotmail, and it handles it ok.

Goblin- A Goblin likes 'em large;)

(in reply to Seth)
Post #: 4
- 5/19/2002 12:51:35 AM   
Belisarius

Yup, I can handle at least 3 7K battles simultaneously with my hotmail account - just make sure you delete messages after you DL'ed the .zips! :)

Got StuG?

(in reply to Seth)
Post #: 5
- 5/19/2002 2:46:22 AM   
Orzel Bialy

Seth,
Ok then...the battle will be joined. At work right now...this is how I spend my lunches :) ...so when I get home I'll get it started.

(in reply to Seth)
Post #: 6
- 5/20/2002 7:00:05 PM   
DerC

Hi

I'm currently playing three PBEM games. I upload my files into a ftp server. In addition to this I can communicate with players of all these three games via IRC in real time, so this can really speed up some of the games. I've also had trouble with my hotmail acount and pbem files, at worst it took eight days for my opponents' mail to get to me :mad:

(in reply to Seth)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Opponents Wanted >> AAR/Invite to battle Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI