Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Display issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Display issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Display issue - 2/10/2008 3:58:36 AM   
boatboy_srq

I'm running the game on one of the little Sony subnotebooks. It's running at an odd resolution: 1280 x 600, and running Vista Busess. I have a 19" monitor attached to the docking station, and I'm trying to run the game on that. However, the game tries to run on the primary screen, and I get an error ("can't set screen mode").

A suggestions?
Post #: 1
RE: Display issue - 2/10/2008 5:53:04 AM   
rtrapasso

WITP only runs in one resolution. If your machine won't let it reset the resolution, you might get an error message like this...

If you can reset your video resolution to WITP's resolution, that might solve the problem. (i am not sure exactly which one it runs at offhand - you might have to experiment)

< Message edited by rtrapasso -- 2/10/2008 5:55:06 AM >

(in reply to boatboy_srq)
Post #: 2
RE: Display issue - 2/13/2008 2:27:07 PM   
VSWG

quote:

ORIGINAL: boatboy_srq

I'm running the game on one of the little Sony subnotebooks. It's running at an odd resolution: 1280 x 600, and running Vista Busess. I have a 19" monitor attached to the docking station, and I'm trying to run the game on that. However, the game tries to run on the primary screen, and I get an error ("can't set screen mode").

A suggestions?

Run WitP in windowed mode. See this thread for details: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1667347

(in reply to boatboy_srq)
Post #: 3
RE: Display issue - 3/30/2009 12:14:28 PM   
Dave Reckoning

Hi,

I've got the same problem - I'm trying to run the game on a Samsung subnotebook that also runs at 1024x600 (only other possible setting is 800x600).

Even after changing the command line to ask it to run in windowed mode, I still get the message "Error : Can't set screen mode".

Are there any other known / suggested / possible fixes?

Thanks

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 4
RE: Display issue - 3/30/2009 12:24:48 PM   
Nomad

WitP runs only at 1024 x 768. If you don't have that resolution available, you will not be able to run it on that computer.

(in reply to Dave Reckoning)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Display issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI