Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question - 4/5/2009 9:46:50 PM   
Lawnchair Warrior

I have a couple of questions that I haven't found the answers to. How does an amphibious assault landing actually work. Like if you have marines on an AT and have an LCI or LCVP in the hex (or does it have to be in the TF?), will that LCI/LCVP help them land or do you have to load them on the LCI/LCVP first? Also, can you refuel at sea somehow? I see the Tenders for ammo, but I've run out of fuel in a landing and not been able to figure out how to get the ship refueled.

Page 102 in the pdf (page number 99) describes the speed of unloading,etc., but in real life, you bring infantry over on a bigger ship, like an LCI, then unload to a LCVP and those hit the beach before returning to an LCI for another load. At least that's about what happened in Normandy. LCVP (Higgins boats) didn't carry anyone out of port - they were strapped to larger ships. The were only launched within maybe 5 km of the beach.

So how does it work? Thanks.

Post #: 1
RE: Question - 4/5/2009 11:24:43 PM   
Barb

1. AP/AK/APA/AKA/LST/LSI/LSD ... their unloading is abstract - imagine they have their own landing crafts
2. LCI/LCVP/LCM - use them in places with high island density and short ranges (Solomons, Philipines, ...) to seize things with RCT size invasions or so and to transfer supplies in "Hot" zones

Replenishment:
Get AO into replenishment TF. Take your fuel dry TF into hex with replenishment TF. Click on "Refuel at sea" button. You just refueled your TF from AOs fuel tanks.
Allied AE can be used at ports, they are functioning at sea only in 1945-1946. They also replenish 5" or smaller guns.

(in reply to Lawnchair Warrior)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI