Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

HUD3 - Latest News

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> HUD3 - Latest News Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HUD3 - Latest News - 4/6/2009 3:42:54 AM   
Mr.Sharkey

I bring good tidings from afar:

quote:

Hello everyone,
First I'll apologise to the forum members my rants. I'm an Australian we tend to say what we think like it or not. I'm sticking by what I said in regard to Herman and people will have to draw their own conclusions. Erik will be getting a blood pressure rise from this so on with the show...

Now I have some content up and available I'm happy to make it known, sorry about people being directed to a site that was "under renovation" and not complete. Only excuse is I've got a 250 scenario rebuild project underway as well as maintaining a website and trying to hunt bugs and build new scens if I have time.

I've just uploaded a new HUD3 and text file set and a set of 3 Battlesets on the scenario page to the website. I know, I'm no web design guru and I'm open to suggestions or offers of assistance advice even.

You can Grab HUD3_GC1, HUD3_GC2 and HUD3_Westpac providing 45 scenarios as a teaser while I deal with outstanding issues on the remaining scenarios from the original ODB scenario set (120 in all). I will also be adding some extra pages and content in the form of additional photos for the database display and will advise as soon as they are available, also the spreadsheet containing the index values so people can check out the default order. DB Editors wishing to substitute or change the order will require this document to speed the process along.

I will have Sean open another thread for, The Harpoon Users' Database 3 - Issues. I doubt I've caught everything and I don't really care how small or large the issue is I'm happy to discuss it as Sean's time allows us to. I can read your posts and act on them just be patient with the physical response times.

I'd like to take this chance to thank everyone for their patience and interest and especially thank those who have so willing helped me with this project.

Darren Buckley

Post #: 1
RE: HUD3 - Latest News - 4/6/2009 5:50:47 AM   
incredibletwo

Just downloaded and unzipped as per instructions in the link. Seems there's a synchronisation issue...

(in reply to Mr.Sharkey)
Post #: 2
RE: HUD3 - Latest News - 4/6/2009 6:23:38 AM   
Mr.Sharkey

The Issue with HUD3_GC2.zip is fixed. Download file replaced. Lucky you caught me, sorry any further issues dealt with in approx 18 hours.

Thanks

Sharkey

(in reply to incredibletwo)
Post #: 3
RE: HUD3 - Latest News - 4/6/2009 8:36:07 PM   
FreekS

Bucks,

I was trying the B61 nuclear bomb, dropped from B1 Lancer on groundstrike mission in a testscen. The B1 does not rise to the required minimum launch altitude and therefore just circels the target. Not sure if the is DB or GE issue (I observed in SE and GE).

When I manually went to altitude the bomb dropped and exploded, but AI controlled planes may have trouble.

Freek

(in reply to Mr.Sharkey)
Post #: 4
RE: HUD3 - Latest News - 4/6/2009 10:56:51 PM   
FransKoenz

quote:

ORIGINAL: FreekS

Bucks,

I was trying the B61 nuclear bomb, dropped from B1 Lancer on groundstrike mission in a testscen. The B1 does not rise to the required minimum launch altitude and therefore just circels the target. Not sure if the is DB or GE issue (I observed in SE and GE).

When I manually went to altitude the bomb dropped and exploded, but AI controlled planes may have trouble.

Freek

Playing with nuclar stuff??????

One question: Are you putting this item up because you are planning to design with HUD-3? or: [and now in Dutch: Of plaats jij deze topic om de DB van Darren Buckly af te branden? Ik weet dat ik erg direkt ben met deze vraag, maar ik stel hem toch maar even omdat ik ervan uitga dat jij je niet voor HH karretje laat spannen, althans zo ken ik jou. Heb ik het mis?].

Greetings,
Frans Koenz, Noordwijk aan Zee

P.S. Ik verwijt je niets, maar duidelijkheid is hier toch wel op z'n plaats

< Message edited by Taitennek -- 4/6/2009 11:02:36 PM >

(in reply to FreekS)
Post #: 5
RE: HUD3 - Latest News - 4/7/2009 9:23:33 AM   
Mr.Sharkey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Taitennek

quote:

ORIGINAL: FreekS

Bucks,

Freek

Playing with nuclar stuff??????

One question: Are you putting this item up because you are planning to design with HUD-3? or: [and now in Dutch: Of plaats jij deze topic om de DB van Darren Buckly af te branden? Ik weet dat ik erg direkt ben met deze vraag, maar ik stel hem toch maar even omdat ik ervan uitga dat jij je niet voor HH karretje laat spannen, althans zo ken ik jou. Heb ik het mis?].

Greetings,
Frans Koenz, Noordwijk aan Zee

P.S. Ik verwijt je niets, maar duidelijkheid is hier toch wel op z'n plaats

Gents,

Bucks just wanted to answer your question (Freek) and pass a comment in regard to the "further" comments.

quote:

Freek,
I've looked at the min altitude for release (3050m) and the range of the weapon (6nm). I'll have to try the situation out myself Freek, but I'd say it may have something to do with the range/altitude settings based on the new bomb release behaviour. I can't say that correcting/updating the nuclear weapons has been a priority, I personally opposed to their existance and with modern smart weapons, I wonder if they really need to be used? I will get with Russell ASAP after I've built a test scen and had a look at the issue myself.

I would like to thank you for the report, I will be the first to say that I can't guarantee everything's 100%, we all make mistakes and I'm more than happy to receive corrections or queries and undertake corrections as required.

Taitennek, mate you can say what you want in English. I have no beef with you or Freek and I find what you had to say disturbing to say the least:

quote:

Of plaats jij deze topic om de DB van Darren Buckly af te branden? Ik weet dat ik erg direkt ben met deze vraag, maar ik stel hem toch maar even omdat ik ervan uitga dat jij je niet voor HH karretje laat spannen, althans zo ken ik jou. Heb ik het mis?

ENGLISH FROM GOOGLE TRANSLATE:

Or put you to the topic of DB Darren Buckly to burn? I know I am very direct with this question, but I set him just because I have assumed that you not let HH cart efforts, at least so I know you. Am I wrong?

AND

quote:

P.S. Ik verwijt je niets, maar duidelijkheid is hier toch wel op z'n plaats Heb ik het mis?

ENGLISH FROM GOOGLE TRANSLATE:

PS I do not blame you, but clarity is still in place, did I miss?

Gents, I have a can of petrol (gas) you want to flick lit matches my way go right ahead. I have no beef with you guys and fail to understand why you can't just say what you have to say in English. Surely you don't really think I'm so stupid as to not be able to translate the Dutch. I live in Oz, lots of Dutch migrants here. I think Freek has visited Melbourne to see his relatives and for all you know I've been around to see a high School friend of mine Darren Vandenberg, his dad's a Dutch Aussie...

I don't feel that you are doing yourself any favours here or appearing to be "fair agents". If you want to post all the errors, go ahead, that will help me fix them faster. At the same time there are many others giving both their time and knowledge to the HUD3 project and I am indebted to them. We can move forward in a mature way, or simply throw the rules away and take the gloves off.

Sharkey

(in reply to FransKoenz)
Post #: 6
RE: HUD3 - Latest News - 4/7/2009 10:57:16 AM   
FreekS

Bucks,

Thanks for you reply on the bomb issue.

I've answered Frans by PM and do not intend to have a public reply to his post.

fREEK

(in reply to Mr.Sharkey)
Post #: 7
RE: HUD3 - Latest News - 4/7/2009 6:49:14 PM   
FransKoenz

quote:

P.S. Ik verwijt je niets, maar duidelijkheid is hier toch wel op z'n plaats Heb ik het mis?

I wrote: "P.S. Ik verwijt je niks, maar duidelijkheid is hier toch wel op z'n plaats".

Don't mess with a foreign language, the outcome might [and in this case] turn out in something completely different.
Thank you.

(in reply to Mr.Sharkey)
Post #: 8
RE: HUD3 - Latest News - 4/8/2009 7:44:33 AM   
Mr.Sharkey

I've been asked to say something.

Darren has been requested to stop having me replying here.

If you need questions answered contact him directly, either via email or PM. Sorry there's been complaints and we don't want anyone upset over this.

Thanks everyone and good luck guys

Sean Leach - CS **Pwnstars** - Sharkey

(in reply to FransKoenz)
Post #: 9
RE: HUD3 - Latest News - 4/19/2009 3:01:39 AM   
Bucks

I did the crime, and now the time...

So I've been busy working on a few projects, some of which you'll all see shortly. Ralf Koelbach as been a busy bee and sent me seven (7) scenarios for his PASON/HUD3 Battleset. I'm working through some basic text formatting and I'll get them uploaded to the HUD3 as soon as I've finished. Freek Schepers also has his Sollum4 scenario almost ready, and once he gives me the OK, that'll hit the site as well.

I'll also have the rebuilt and modded Coldwar Battleset ready in a day or two and the HUD3 has continued it's steady expansion.

I can't say anything just yet, but Harpoon is about to get a whole lot more interesting for everyone.

Cheers

< Message edited by Bucks -- 4/20/2009 12:02:56 AM >

Editor HUD-II/HUD3 Harpoon Databases

http://www.taitennek.com/hud3-db/hud3-index.htm

Development Team H3ANW v3.8, v3.9, v3.10 & v3.10.1

(in reply to Mr.Sharkey)
Post #: 10
RE: HUD3 - Latest News - 6/14/2009 2:21:52 AM   
Bucks

Ralf,

Thanks for your DSD file and your significant contribution to the continuation of the HUD3. I have a DSD file that I generated to use in the batch rebuild process. Unfortunately I was racing the clock to get the files uploaded and then make it to work in time, so I've forgotten something as is the way of these time critical efforts...

I'll be replacing the file later today and also make the single DSD file available for people who have already downloaded Ralf's PASON Battleset.

My apologies to all concerned, I am very short of time over the next 4 - 6 weeks and such mistakes might creep in until I can return to my normal routine.

Cheers

Dareen

Editor HUD-II/HUD3 Harpoon Databases

http://www.taitennek.com/hud3-db/hud3-index.htm

Development Team H3ANW v3.8, v3.9, v3.10 & v3.10.1
Post #: 11
RE: HUD3 - Latest News - 6/28/2009 5:08:29 AM   
iriyak

Hi folks,

A newbie question about the scen file. Recently tried to update with current_hud3_db_files.zip & current_hud3_text_files.zip and open some built-in scenario, then this dialog came up. It means the scen file also needs to be synchronized at the same time?

Best Regards,
Kazunori Iriya
Post #: 12
Problem - 6/28/2009 5:21:08 AM   
hermanhum

That message means that the scenario you tried to open was written with a different version of the HUD3 than the one you have loaded. The most recent edition of the HUD3 is from June 12, 2009. http://hud3.harpoon5.com/hud3_DB_files.htm

To get your scenario to run with the June 12 edition of the HUD3, you need to:

1) Open it with the Scenario Editor
2) Re-save it

It should now be ready for you to play with the Game Engine.

(in reply to iriyak)
Post #: 13
RE: Problem - 6/28/2009 5:36:28 AM   
iriyak

Hi Herman,

quote:

ORIGINAL: hermanhum

To get your scenario to run with the June 12 edition of the HUD3, you need to:

1) Open it with the Scenario Editor
2) Re-save it

It should now be ready for you to play with the Game Engine.

Thanks for the quick answer and now I was able to launch the scenario!

Best Regards,
Kazunori Iriya

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> HUD3 - Latest News Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI