Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What is worth to see in US for average European

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What is worth to see in US for average European Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What is worth to see in US for average European - 4/6/2009 11:05:09 PM   
Rodwell

For the SouthWest, here is one of my favorite places in the world: http://www.nps.gov/seki/

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 61
RE: What is worth to see in US for average European - 4/6/2009 11:52:18 PM   
Mark VII

I did the same thing several years ago when my wife and I were planning our trip to Australia. Started a thread here and got lots of suggestions on places to see. Depending on where you go, maybe a fellow theadster will donate a weekend day to show you his local sights.

Here in Middle Tennessee we have Nashville, home of Country music, the Grand Ole Opry and the historic Ryman Auditorium if you are a country music lover. Less than an hour away are several Civil War Battlefields, Stones River, http://www.nps.gov/stri/, Battle of Franklin and the Battle of Nashville. Maybe three hours to the West is Shiloh http://www.nps.gov/shil/ and two hours to the South is Chattanoga with the battle of lookout mountain. Three to four hours to the East is the Great Smokey Mountain National Park and maybe two hours north is Fort Knox Kentucky with the General Patton Museum and a nice collection of Tanks. http://www.generalpatton.org/index.asp

quote:

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

I'm really happy I've started this thread.It proves that idea of such kind of vacations was great and it's worth to empty my wallet. ;-)All opinions are valuable but it doesn't mean it makes the decision easier.If I would consider only myself, then probably I would pick NE, but thinking about the rest of the guys (my wife and a fellow couple) I'm for SW replay. I know New England only from the movies and it's indeed very beautyfull (at least there), but when I was travelling trough the west i really felt the Spirit of America.

edit for web sites

< Message edited by Mark VII -- 4/6/2009 11:56:26 PM >

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 62
RE: What is worth to see in US for average European - 4/7/2009 4:23:31 AM   
SS Hauptsturmfuhrer

In America, I kinduv want to see the sunken Arizona and maybe some civil war battleground stuff.  Possibly have a look at the canyon and do a little rock climbing.  Most probably will never get there though.

(in reply to Mark VII)
Post #: 63
RE: What is worth to see in US for average European - 4/7/2009 8:18:03 AM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: hgilmer3
You're from Poland!  You should come live here, we need all the Polish people we can get!

Too late - we're already getting the best of them

Oh, I thought they are all in Germany allready

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 64
RE: What is worth to see in US for average European - 4/7/2009 11:32:35 AM   
SireChaos

If you get to the Bay Area (i.e. San Francisco etc), make sure you go see the Redwoods.

And the submarine in San Francisco harbor (USS Pampanito) is a must see for WW2 wargamers.

Lastly, if you´ve ever read any Peanuts strip and liked it, going to the Charles M Schultz museum in Santa Rosa is well worth your time.

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 65
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What is worth to see in US for average European Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI