Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

DerC vs. Kaakao (H2H mod)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Opponents Wanted >> DerC vs. Kaakao (H2H mod) Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DerC vs. Kaakao (H2H mod) - 5/19/2002 11:56:33 PM   
DerC

We decided to give the H2H mod a try in PBEM. The game was set up as following:
Germany - Soviets March 1944
Meeting engagement
Random large map
Vis 17
26 turns
(+ Arty vs. soft 130% & Inf. Toughness 130%)

I am commanding the Germans and Kaakao is leading the Russian force.

Turn 1 was relatively quiet, both sides took some losses from arty fire around the map. While moving my troops I have still detected no trace of the Russians.

I'll see if I can get a screenshot of the map :)
Post #: 1
- 5/20/2002 12:00:55 AM   
Kaakao

Oh you mean no losses ? What were those SS grenadiers retreating messages, seems to me that they like to hug ground when it's raining 152mm's. Anyway, turn one was quiet, just moving forces forward.

(in reply to DerC)
Post #: 2
- 5/20/2002 12:18:38 AM   
Kaakao

Turn 2 over, no sight of germans yet, just some "small" bombarment on the northern hill, 4+ wurframmers, nebelwerfers and so on... Well, it's nice to watch when they're firing blind. My 152's hit DerC's supposed artielity positions, no success, but we'll see ;)

(in reply to DerC)
Post #: 3
- 5/20/2002 12:40:40 AM   
DerC

Ah! Beginning of turn 3. No sign of the enemy's ground troops yet, but if they don't show up this will be one hell of an artillery duel. Some massive bombardment from both sides. At the end of the turn, still no enemies in sight. I'm beginning to suspect Kaakao has planned something special for this battle.. The Russian artillery fails miserably trying to destroy my well-planned arty positions. You were saying about firing blind?-)

This is going to be an interesting battle.. ;)

(in reply to DerC)
Post #: 4
- 5/20/2002 1:00:15 AM   
Kaakao

Well well, I was too confident about my 152's, so I forgot counter-battery fire :mad: One battery just silenced when one 122mm started firing at them. Called the NKVD to go and speak some sence to those boys :) Still, quiet, quiet and quiet, just ALOT of artielity firing and hitting nothing.

(in reply to DerC)
Post #: 5
Turn 4 and nothing! - 5/20/2002 3:41:56 AM   
DerC

Four turns gone and I still haven't seen any Russians. Artillery from both sides is firing around hitting nothing. Wonder if I should start preparing for a massive paradrop or a partisan strike...

This uncertainty is driving me mad! I know they are out there somewhere, since I get some msgs of SMG squads retreating... But where? :(

Meanwhile I'm ordering my reserve troops to stay alert. Surely you didn't think I'd have no reserves, did you? ;)

(in reply to DerC)
Post #: 6
- 5/20/2002 3:43:49 AM   
Kaakao

Oh, you need your reserve, not a suprise. You know it's calm before storm :)

(in reply to DerC)
Post #: 7
- 5/20/2002 3:58:19 AM   
Kaakao

So, contact, at last. I see atleast 2 tigers, but I bet there's got to be more. Those wurframmers are firing somewhere, **** i hate them. They kill and if they don't hit, they suppress, not fun at all :( . Though it seems that my arty has weakened them, only two or three wurframmers this time, or then I'am being too positive, this is going to be very, very ugly.

(in reply to DerC)
Post #: 8
- 5/20/2002 4:18:23 AM   
DerC

You are right - some kind of restrictions on arty in future games could be useful. On the other hand - seems like my arty finally hit something. I see info on a few casualties and hopefully there's lots of suppression too :D

I shot at the SMG squads that emerged near the north and south VHs, with no luck. Hopefully I suppressed them enough so they won't come back right away. No Russian armor at sight yet, but I'm confident Kaakao hasn't gone all-infantry ;)

We'll get back to business later, you know where to find the files.

(in reply to DerC)
Post #: 9
- 5/20/2002 9:04:15 PM   
Kaakao

Now I see few tigers and my some Hummel's are firing. Still no sight of any infantry, strange, those VH's are still clear, no movement there.

(in reply to DerC)
Post #: 10
- 5/20/2002 9:26:49 PM   
DerC

Ah.. Things are heating up, literally :D

My flame rockets just hit some T34/85 tanks and infantry behind the central hill. Also there's infantry moving up north in the woods. Fired with tigers at SMG sqds. What a waste of ammo, really... My brave scouts, Hans and Jürgen, spotted an IS-2 south and there's probably more where that came from.

(in reply to DerC)
Post #: 11
- 5/20/2002 11:30:52 PM   
Kaakao

Oh, your brave scouts Fritz and Heinrich go wasted by burst from ppsh's. That central hill is really starting to get nasty, suppression is just _so_ nice thing. Now I know there's atleast 5 or more Tigers, then some SS grenadiers and so on.

(in reply to DerC)
Post #: 12
- 5/20/2002 11:55:04 PM   
DerC

I can live with minor losses :)

I tried firing at a T34 on the central hill and missed - three times! :mad:

Not much more going on, just getting ready for the massive Russian onslaught about to begin soon.

Looking forward to the next few turns - It's going to get hot :cool:

(in reply to DerC)
Post #: 13
- 5/21/2002 12:09:53 AM   
Kaakao

Lots of arty, but now I'am also starting to hit something. T34-85 hit tiger at front, hopefully something broke :) Central VH's are mine, some infantry in north and south, nothing big, yet :)

(in reply to DerC)
Post #: 14
Turn 8 - 5/21/2002 12:36:26 AM   
DerC

Turn 8.

Heavy artillery fire from both sides. Only minor firefights around the frontline. I'm afraid I'll have to take some actions regarding those peasants of yours on the central hill. ;)

The smoke from arty and infantry fire is covering up the battlefield very effectively. But when it clears up my Tigers will have a clear line of sight on your tincans. :D

(in reply to DerC)
Post #: 15
- 5/21/2002 12:58:48 AM   
Kaakao

Well, Krupp's steel wasn't so effective this time, T34-85 vs. Tiger = T34-85 1 and Tiger 0 :D Nice shot at front and *KABOM*. Your infantry is moving forward and you still keep firing those **** rockets over them ?!?! Maybe they asked for it rather than being anhilated by our brave soldiers. Some scouts dead, SS grenadiers moving, well, come and get some :mad:

(in reply to DerC)
Post #: 16
- 5/21/2002 1:31:13 AM   
DerC

I'll be reclaiming an IS-2 and some SMG squads for that Tiger :D

I see you have spent some reinforcements points too, a few motorcycle squads visible now. I hope you considered the risks involving reinforcement units. And if you weren't in need of reserves as you keep telling me, why would you use reinforcements? Just wondering. ;)
I'm gaining ground with minimal losses in north and south.

(in reply to DerC)
Post #: 17
- 5/21/2002 1:51:25 AM   
Kaakao

What claimed IS-2 ? All I see is immobilized IS-2 and a destroyed Tiger :D Yes, you're hitting my smg squads but I'll have plenty of em, your arty just slows the things alot :(

(in reply to DerC)
Post #: 18
- 5/21/2002 2:16:33 AM   
DerC

Damnit, that IS-2.. Note to self: never underestimate damaged tanks :mad:

My Tigers have been pretty much useless so far, just cannon fodder. The lone T34 I destroyed on the central hill won't make up for the two Tigers I've lost so far..

I'm pushing forward north, I just hope it will be enough.

(in reply to DerC)
Post #: 19
- 5/21/2002 3:03:05 AM   
Kaakao

ARR :mad:

I have a problem, because DerC set the infantry toughness to 130% and the arty vs. infantry to 130%, it's **** hard to kill any infantry :mad: :mad: I don't remember killing any infantry squads, just lone scouts.

On the tank section, everything is going great, another Tiger gone, 122mm from IS-2 directly at front and byebye :D

16 turns to go and I don't have any idea how this is going to come out :)

(in reply to DerC)
Post #: 20
- 5/21/2002 6:53:56 PM   
DerC

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kaakao
[B]
infantry toughness to 130% and the arty vs. infantry to 130%, it's **** hard to kill any infantry :mad: :mad: I don't remember killing any infantry squads, just lone scouts.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Well you know, those are the recommended settings for the H2H mod.. Next game we'll play the original 7.1, okay?

16 turns is enough for pretty much everything. I'm hoping your 152mm batteries will be running out of ammo soon. ;)

(in reply to DerC)
Post #: 21
- 5/21/2002 9:41:51 PM   
Kaakao

They have all the ammo they need, they just don't know how to reload their guns :)

(in reply to DerC)
Post #: 22
- 5/21/2002 10:15:37 PM   
DerC

I manouvered my Tigers north and fired at one IS-2. I hit it and thought you are also loading them with scouts, but apparently I was wrong - it was the crew jumping out :D

Your Katyushas are bombarding the area between the central and southern hills heavily. Now they must have exposed their positions :)

(in reply to DerC)
Post #: 23
- 5/21/2002 11:08:25 PM   
Kaakao

You know one thing, katyushas can move, so shoot as much as you want, I don't care :) That Tiger who got the crew to bail out was taken care of and even you didn't have anything onboard it or atleast there isn't anymore, neither there isn't the tank :D Boring turns, I just got to kill your tigers and hit rally with my infantry :o

(in reply to DerC)
Post #: 24
- 5/21/2002 11:42:45 PM   
Kaakao

Average turn this time, infantry actually killed something ! :D And DerC lost one of his Tigers at his turn I finished another on my turn :) I'am way outgunned, but not outnumbered :D Atleast 4 wurframmers, 4+ hummels, 4+ nebelwerfers and my arty is taking drinking vodka, time for NKVD again :mad:

(in reply to DerC)
Post #: 25
- 5/22/2002 12:13:24 AM   
DerC

Okay, I'm losing way too many tanks in a way too short time. Maybe six Tigers destroyed. And I've only destroyed about four or five Russian tanks. And they keep destroying my Tigers with frontal hits from a long range :mad:

About the only thing stopping the enemy from attacking with full force now is my artillery. A 105mm battery just got lucky and destroyed an IS-2 with a top hit :D

(in reply to DerC)
Post #: 26
- 5/22/2002 2:10:12 AM   
Kaakao

So, 7th Tiger gone :D Only problem I have is with my infantry. Soviet SMG infantry doesn't hit anything even at range of 1 hex, they don't know how to use their grenades or their molotovs. This is definetly a bug with H2H-mod. DerC's arty is pressing hard as every turn. Doesn't look good :(

(in reply to DerC)
Post #: 27
Turn 15 - 5/22/2002 2:20:14 AM   
DerC

My battered kampfgruppe regroups after losses and pushes hard towards the VHs. The nothern and southern VHs are now under my control and I believe it's only a matter of time before the central VHs are mine. My artillery is bombarding the Russians really intensively. Even with many Tigers gone I seem to be able to fight back :eek:

Ivan's infantry has been pretty much useless so far, and caused very little casualties. Has anyone experienced the same kind of problems as Kaakao (see above)?

(in reply to DerC)
Post #: 28
- 5/22/2002 2:25:54 AM   
Kaakao

Yes yes, your tigers are gone, but you still can fight, only reason for that is my "quality" smg infantry and yours overwhelming arty :(

(in reply to DerC)
Post #: 29
Turn 16 - 5/22/2002 2:38:10 AM   
DerC

This is getting hard to believe - I take two shots with a Tiger (AP ammo) at a T34/85 four hexes away up on a hill, and hit twice on the side. Nothing! The shells just bounce off the armor :mad:

Except for the artillery strikes the turn was quiet, just finishing off a few SMG squads that strayed too far from their lines.

(in reply to DerC)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Opponents Wanted >> DerC vs. Kaakao (H2H mod) Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI