Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

TX League (seth vs. nelmsm)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Opponents Wanted >> TX League (seth vs. nelmsm) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TX League (seth vs. nelmsm) - 5/20/2002 1:40:58 AM   
Seth

My Dutch with 530 points defend against his 1500 point German assault in 5/40. So far (turn 2), not much to report. I have encounterd motorcyclists covered by smoke from a 150mm bty (gulp). My troops don't seem to be very good shots, but I hope to at least give him a bloody nose before he kills me.
Seth
P.S. Don't worry Orzel, there's still room.
Post #: 1
- 5/20/2002 1:45:11 AM   
nelmsm1

Well I have just completed my part of turn 2 and I am short a few more motorcyclists but the intelligence gained has been helpful. Nothing like knowing that the firestorm you expected is really out there. Also saw some armored action as his dug in armored cars took potshots at my PzIIIe's. Trying to figure out how to call in battleship support on a landlocked map to take care of that fort out there on top of the ridge. Wonder how much smoke ammo a 155mm battery has?

(in reply to Seth)
Post #: 2
- 5/20/2002 2:13:02 AM   
Seth

Battleship?! Aaaaaaack! So, on my turn three, he's down one unit of motorcyclists, and I have hit his tanks, but no damage. Sorry about making your tank shoot at the fort. Didn't mean to be cheesy, I just forgot to see whether the fort could actually shoot the tank. I hope that smoke clears soon so some of my guns can fire at the armor in my center. I should have bought ATG's instead of the M39's, but I have a weakness for them, they look so cool.
Seth

(in reply to Seth)
Post #: 3
- 5/20/2002 3:01:05 AM   
nelmsm1

Well those armored cars make pretty junk piles too. Got lucky when the first one had a main gun breakdown and then the second didn't appreciate a 37mm shot up the snout and decided to give up the ghost. I have now infiltrated both ends of the ridges on the south half of the map but my head is on a swivel wondering I have on my flanks or that I might have bypassed. I guess Dutch Marines didn't have smoke in them days as they didn't pop any when they retreated. For a good laugh though, one of my Hell's Angels bikers who was tired of getting shot at by 40mm decided that the shortest route was the best route for retreat and drove right over a lake bypassing the road. Maybe I could fit a cruiser in there?

(in reply to Seth)
Post #: 4
- 5/20/2002 3:51:50 AM   
Seth

Oh god, now he has paratroopers! I am so much trouble. I am trying to figure out how to target my Koniglijke Nederlandse Orbijtole Tootes Laazer ;) My private hell continues, with no one but the normally useless light mortar squads even hitting anything. Funny, those Marines did have smoke, they just didn't use it. "He must be one a' dem massacrists." (probably misquoted from a movie or book I can't quite remember). If only my fort hadn't been completely masked by the smoke since turn 1, I might have killed a halftrack or something.
Seth

(in reply to Seth)
Post #: 5
- 5/20/2002 3:59:33 AM   
M4Jess

i LoVE It! kEEP gOING!............

M4 is liking this! :D

Im making war, not trouble~

(in reply to Seth)
Post #: 6
- 5/20/2002 4:38:24 AM   
Seth

Maybe I can lose to you next. Where in D.C. are you? I used to work near Farragutt North (20th/L).
Seth

(in reply to Seth)
Post #: 7
- 5/20/2002 4:42:36 AM   
nelmsm1

Another turn in the books. Airdrop goes off without a hitch and we take some rear area VP hexes with no trouble. Took out a couple more of those cute armored cars and about 5 squads of infantry or marines. Oops, one of them also happened to be the HQ squad. Also managed to drop a 150mm strike right on his entrenchment hex for one of those 40mm guns. Unfortunately it wasn't the one who scrap heaped a halftrack. Meanwhile the Fuhrer has proclaimed that biker gangs will no longer be a problem in greater Germany as he is sending them to glorious deaths riding up to Dutch infantry, AA guns, armored cars, etc.

(in reply to Seth)
Post #: 8
- 5/20/2002 5:16:54 AM   
Seth

Well, I think I have now managed to push his casualties into the 20's. I got another motocycle squad, and reinforcements (soon to be points for my adversary) are rushing to the scene. The first time I've ever needed them. Still, I'll fight this gruesome slaughter to the end.
Seth

(in reply to Seth)
Post #: 9
- 5/20/2002 5:44:03 AM   
nelmsm1

Another German turn in the books. Took out what infantry I could find. Meanwhile the fort remains very stubborn. Roasted it twice with flamethrowers from the rear and all the Dutch boys did was cook their supper. Meanwhile the Dutch reinforcements are spotted heading for my airborne troopers. Looks like a bunch of those cute armored cars that make such nice junk piles and a couple of squads of infantry. Makes me glad I asked for reinforcements. Just hope it isn't too big a surprise when it drops in. :D

(in reply to Seth)
Post #: 10
- 5/20/2002 6:17:34 AM   
Seth

Reinforcements!? You don't need any. I think I have the fort, an HMG, and AT team, and an AAG left from my original force. Anyway, I do get 25% of the point value, so that will raise my score way beyond what I would have gotten.
Seth

(in reply to Seth)
Post #: 11
- 5/20/2002 6:48:53 AM   
nelmsm1

Well you were right, I didn't need any reinforcements. Dutch morale was broken on this turn and the fight ends with the Germans killing another armored car and damaging another and taking out a mortar, HMG, and a scout squad. I would not recommend taking the Dutch with this few points. Jack up the points and make a small map so you can build a defense in depth and they might have a chance, but they really don't have very good AT weapons. Setting up another fight that should be a little bit more even. :D

(in reply to Seth)
Post #: 12
- 5/20/2002 6:54:50 AM   
Seth

Well, I have recieved my most shameful beating ever. Losses were 177 men, 4 artillery, 1 soft vehicle, and 4 armored cars.
He lost 56 men and 1 halftrack. Now that I've had my birthday spanking, I'll be looking for revenge. You'll hear from me soon.
Seth

(in reply to Seth)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Opponents Wanted >> TX League (seth vs. nelmsm) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI