Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A few questions........

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> A few questions........ Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A few questions........ - 4/19/2009 7:47:08 PM   
ShaiHulud

1. As Britain, fighting a battle against Turkey, I charged and routed a irregular cav unit. In the combat result that flashed it said I had "captured an Eagle". What benefit, if any, does this result in?

2. For Britain, holding East Egypt is a political objective. It seems I cannot force Turkey to liberate it, and, it doesn't become a conquered, British, province when taken in siege. So, do I have to, first, own Cyrenaica, then defeat Turkey in two wars so I can take West Egypt, then East Egypt?

3. Twice, in detailed combat, I've moved a unit which triggered a reaction from an enemy cav unit, and, somehow, also ended my movement turn before I had moved all my units. The next units I was offered to move were my supply caissons, and my movement turn had started anew. Anyone else seen this?

4. I'm pondering the possibility that enemy fleets near coastal capitals, like in Sweden, Britain, France, Turkey, has a paralyzing effect on those nations decision-making. Each of these, I have seen, maintains virtually their entire army in the capital province when so threatened. Thoughts, anyone?
Post #: 1
RE: A few questions........ - 4/21/2009 12:44:15 PM   
Hard Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: ShaiHulud

1. As Britain, fighting a battle against Turkey, I charged and routed a irregular cav unit. In the combat result that flashed it said I had "captured an Eagle". What benefit, if any, does this result in? WoW, I havn't seen that is ages, you mentioning it, I remember it from CoG, but havn't seen it in a long time, I thought it had a major effect on the Units Morale

2. For Britain, holding East Egypt is a political objective. It seems I cannot force Turkey to liberate it, and, it doesn't become a conquered, British, province when taken in siege. So, do I have to, first, own Cyrenaica, then defeat Turkey in two wars so I can take West Egypt, then East Egypt? ??? depends, which campaign are you playing ?, the control may be different then I am used to, but normally, the two of them are a Protectorate of Turkey, you take the Cap of it, they should be yours ?, if you did not take them, you can force Turkey to liberate them (if still Protectorate) and then work on them to join you

3. Twice, in detailed combat, I've moved a unit which triggered a reaction from an enemy cav unit, and, somehow, also ended my movement turn before I had moved all my units. The next units I was offered to move were my supply caissons, and my movement turn had started anew. Anyone else seen this? again, HARD to tell, with out seeing it, depending on when the reaction was triggered, the unit could of ended it's turn, and then depending on other things, that may of ended your turn, at times, you don't always get to move every unit you have on the map, it depends on Init rolls too, would need to see it happen to have a better idea of what happened

4. I'm pondering the possibility that enemy fleets near coastal capitals, like in Sweden, Britain, France, Turkey, has a paralyzing effect on those nations decision-making. Each of these, I have seen, maintains virtually their entire army in the capital province when so threatened. Thoughts, anyone? again, not sure what you are seeing, the AI will try to cover it's Cap, when threatened, not sure if it sees Navies as a threat though (which coast is France's Cap on ?) I would have to say, based on how I play, I have not seen this, but I don't normally have a overly strong Navy, to interfer with the enemies Caps ????
I may not be the best one to reply to this one

(in reply to ShaiHulud)
Post #: 2
RE: A few questions........ - 4/21/2009 8:25:46 PM   
ShaiHulud

Thanks for the reply, HS.

Re: question #2, I'm playing the 1792 scenario. It seems that I'm forced to use the Cyrenaica route in this scenario. I hold both West and East Egypt, EVEN THO the war is now over, as captured Turkish provinces. Yet, they are not British, nor protectorates of Britain. They still appear as captured Turkish home provinces. The treaty option for liberation shows zero provinces in Turkish holdings that can be liberated.

R: question #4, I've seen Britain freeze their army in Anglia while the French hold the Channel, for over a decade. Vice-versa, France has sat until 1802 while the Brits hold the Channel. The Swedes, after DoW'ing me as Britain, soon found a fleet off Upland and have sat there, since, guarding the province. The Turks, after DoW'ing, piled troops into AYdin, in the face of a blockading fleet there, too. It may be that fear of a amphib invasion is heavily weighted in their decision making processes. On my part, this is only surmise based on observation.

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 3
RE: A few questions........ - 4/21/2009 9:35:16 PM   
dude

If they are showing as captured provinces of Turkey (and not as a Protectorate of Turkey) then you can only claim them by Cede Province... and then you must own an adjacent province for that to work. (And when I've played GB I've had to first conquer one of the other North African nations then work my way eastward conquering or having ceded each territory.)

< Message edited by dude -- 4/21/2009 9:36:29 PM >

“Ifs defeated the Confederates…” U.S.Grant

(in reply to ShaiHulud)
Post #: 4
RE: A few questions........ - 4/22/2009 5:45:13 PM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: ShaiHulud

3. Twice, in detailed combat, I've moved a unit which triggered a reaction from an enemy cav unit, and, somehow, also ended my movement turn before I had moved all my units. The next units I was offered to move were my supply caissons, and my movement turn had started anew. Anyone else seen this?

Yup seen it several times, also mentioned it in the tech support page. There is a flaw in the design there somewere. Not sure if it is being worked on though.

(in reply to ShaiHulud)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> A few questions........ Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI