Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Eliminating Speed Increase?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Eliminating Speed Increase? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Eliminating Speed Increase? - 2/21/2009 1:57:27 AM   
DreamTeams

Can someone tell me what I need to change in the training camp dbase to make sure that players do not increase in their speed?

Post #: 1
RE: Eliminating Speed Increase? - 2/21/2009 3:29:17 AM   
hack153

this is an example of what i do to avoid dramatic advancement....however i didn't change the dbase.

some points are adjusted for different teams. i also manually adjust certain players as needed.

i then use JDs Editor to reduce KST, KAC and CVR for players.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by hack153 -- 2/21/2009 3:35:09 AM >

UPFL is in the off season...
United Premier Football League

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 2
RE: Eliminating Speed Increase? - 2/21/2009 8:17:21 AM   
DreamTeams

Thanks, Hack.

(in reply to hack153)
Post #: 3
RE: Eliminating Speed Increase? - 4/2/2009 2:26:27 PM   
Marauders

In many FBPro leagues, team owners were required to put minimums and maximums in the training numbers.  It helped balance players out.

With speed, one can view that as raw speed or as game speed.  Obviously, raw speed wouldn't change much from season to season, but game speed certainly would during the first few seasons.  Because of this, having some change there isn't a problem for me, as long as it isn't too much.

It would have been nice if the training and effects were not grouped the way they are.  It would be nice if strength training affected KST and kicking drills would affect KAC, so the kickers don't just put all of their training in one area.  It would be nice if DIS was affected by blocking and receiving drills as well.  It is a moot point, as it cannot be changed now, but it would be nice if this was a bit different with future versions of the game.

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 4
RE: Eliminating Speed Increase? - 4/20/2009 4:32:00 PM   
Marauders

Is there a reason you don't want to have the ability for players to get better over time?

I like to set my league with rookies that need improvement and let them develop.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 5
RE: Eliminating Speed Increase? - 4/20/2009 6:15:17 PM   
DreamTeams

I want them to increase in some areas, but for speed the rationale is that speed 'is what it is' and not likely to increase once players hit the pros.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 6
RE: Eliminating Speed Increase? - 4/20/2009 7:44:09 PM   
Marauders

As I stated above, I look at it as game speed versus absolute speed, so it's sort of like getting up to the speed of the game.

There can be a problem if this jumps too much each year.  I'm not really sure how David had this set, but FBro used training camp numbers as a percentage increase of the difference between the actual attribute and the potential attribute.  Changing the potenial attributes or not allowing a huge number of camp points to be put into that training area would cause less jumps in areas like speed.

Another problem here is that SPD and STR are grouped.  If weight lifting and speed training were not grouped, it would help.  It would have been better to have weight room, kinesthetics, speed training, aerobics, and other training areas listed. 

Having KST a strength training attribute would have allowed kickers to not focus on one training area.

I wasn't part of beta when this was created, so I didn't have input in this area.

< Message edited by Marauders -- 4/20/2009 8:04:53 PM >

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 7
RE: Eliminating Speed Increase? - 4/21/2009 4:01:24 AM   
DreamTeams

Those too are reasons for not wanting speed to change. I found that the jumps are too large and so I had to tweak speed again after a few seasons. Also, I want to make sure that DBs are not as fast as WRs as that was shutting down the passing game across the league as completions %s dipped to low. So, instead I control speed with the main.dat file. That way rookies are created up to speed when they enter the league. Just a personal preference.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 8
RE: Eliminating Speed Increase? - 5/4/2009 3:48:35 PM   
mudrick

It is odd how people see this game differently.  I guess it again comes down to gameplans, perhaps. 

I have not found speed to be a big issue.  I also haven't noticed too many players jump in speed dramatically.  I keep wishing some of them did.

I've noticed WR's with high AG and mid to high 80's SP are better than mid 90's SP with low AG.  I ruined one of my seasons before figuring that one out.

I don't know what it is about DB's but I can't figure them out.  What I try to do is look at the stats midway through the season to see what DB's are doing the best.  Then I look at their ratings.  But speed is not the determining factor in my league.  It is a combination of things. 

What I did notice is a slight drop in pass % and scoring overall from time to time.  But then it just reverts back.  The mistake I made once was to judge the league on a small sample size.  I don't know how to explain it.  But my league goes through some weird times now and then.  I just have learned to leave it be.

I tend to believe this is a result of plans and profiles.

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 9
RE: Eliminating Speed Increase? - 5/5/2009 2:28:00 AM   
Mykal

Same here..............

I never touch players rating period
and speed has never been an issue

Just leave 'em be......... see how it unfolds

(in reply to mudrick)
Post #: 10
RE: Eliminating Speed Increase? - 5/5/2009 5:52:13 PM   
Marauders

I actually like to set the rookie's skill attributes low in order for veterans to have a larger impact on the game.  By year two or three, the rookies are much more able to play up to speed.  Of course, the better rookies can usually just step right in and get game time.

I'd really like to go over this with David and see if he could make a few small changes to the way camp is done.  We don't even know if career mode will even be included with 3.0 though.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 11
RE: Eliminating Speed Increase? - 5/6/2009 5:02:33 PM   
mudrick

Good post, Marauders.  I hope you have some influence.  

I find that when you get past 8-10 seasons most rookies can't play out of the box.  Sure there are a few, but i usually find myself waiting a few years for them to develope up to speed so to speak.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Eliminating Speed Increase? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI