Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Cavalry charging Cavalry = Good night Gracie

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Cavalry charging Cavalry = Good night Gracie Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cavalry charging Cavalry = Good night Gracie - 4/19/2009 10:06:51 PM   
MarcusCSA

Gentlemen,

First of all, thank you for this wonderful new patch, I had so many plans for the weekend, but ended up not doing my taxes, cleaning my house or even shopping for a new suit. I chose to kill Yankees, many many many Yankees.

One small problem though: when the Northern Hordes attacked Fredericksburg for the umpteenth time, their Cav charged mine and I was dumped to desktop with an error message. What is happening here?
Post #: 1
RE: Cavalry charging Cavalry = Good night Gracie - 4/19/2009 10:18:32 PM   
Gil R.

Hmm. This sounds like a rare bug from long ago that I thought had been fixed. Do you by any chance have save files from just before this happened? (I remember this one was very tough to fix because players usually don't have save files from just before the charge, so that's probably too much to hope for...)

EDIT: Weren't taxes due a few days ago? Or do you live in one of those states that has a slightly later deadline?

< Message edited by Gil R. -- 4/19/2009 10:19:29 PM >

(in reply to MarcusCSA)
Post #: 2
RE: Cavalry charging Cavalry = Good night Gracie - 4/20/2009 1:50:54 PM   
marcbarker

would rather send my cav in for a charge on the IRS and see if there is a fix for that bug

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
2. John Tiller's Battleground Series
3. Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
4. Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
8. Rise and Fall of the Third Re

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 3
RE: Cavalry charging Cavalry = Good night Gracie - 4/21/2009 1:20:00 PM   
MarcusCSA

Hiya Gil,

I'm sorry, I don't have a save game (so 1 1/2 hours of fighting lost......) that I can send to you.

Could this be recreated by letting 2 Cav only forces charge each other in some kind of testing environment?

About the taxes, I am from the Netherlands, where you can get an 6 month extension (they were due April 1st) by calling a number and punching in your (dutch version of) Social Security number. I'll save you the usual rant on badly spent funds and commie politicians and such.

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 4
RE: Cavalry charging Cavalry = Good night Gracie - 4/22/2009 4:53:19 PM   
Gil R.

Oh. I assumed that with "CSA" in your name you must be American.

I'll ask Eric about the cavalry charge bug. There must be some way of getting rid of it once and for all.

(in reply to MarcusCSA)
Post #: 5
RE: Cavalry charging Cavalry = Good night Gracie - 4/23/2009 10:39:49 AM   
Floyd

I had the same problem in my game. Just to test it i loaded a saved game and pressed 'q'
for quick resolve. Game crashes 4 out of 5 times - always with CSA cav attacking.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 6
RE: Cavalry charging Cavalry = Good night Gracie - 4/23/2009 5:02:43 PM   
Gil R.

You're saying that you have a save just before the cavalry charge crash? Could you please zip those zip those files and e-mailed them to ericbabe@west-civ.com? Maybe Eric will be able to isolate this problem.

(in reply to Floyd)
Post #: 7
RE: Cavalry charging Cavalry = Good night Gracie - 4/23/2009 9:20:54 PM   
Floyd

I could not reproduce it with my (USA) cavalry. It happened only when the enemy attacked.
My save game is in the middle of battle and i just pressed 'q'. The time the game crashes is always different.
I will try to come up with something more helpful.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 8
RE: Cavalry charging Cavalry = Good night Gracie - 4/24/2009 3:42:29 AM   
Gil R.

Well, if it's happening in that battle then there's something in there causing it, so please hold on to those saves.

Come to think of it, could you send them to me and I'll take a look by hitting 'q' a few times? I've never seen this crash myself. My e-mail is gil@west-civ.com. Thanks!

(in reply to Floyd)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Cavalry charging Cavalry = Good night Gracie Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI