Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Enemy kit standardization?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Mods >> Enemy kit standardization? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Enemy kit standardization? - 12/19/2008 6:21:45 AM   
hellfish6

It kinda bugs me that there is no rhyme or reason to what your foes are equipped with. Is there a way we can mod the game so militiamen are more likely to carry X, Y, and Z, and SF are more likely to carry A, B, C? I'd definitely prefer to see more AKMs (this is Africa!) vice the exotic Calicos and MP5s that I keep running into.
Post #: 1
RE: Enemy kit standardization? - 12/19/2008 11:11:10 AM   
flankspeed

You can change what the enemies, or friends for that matter, are armed with in things.xml, or things_easy, things_hard depending on what difficulty you want to change.
The files are located here C:\Matrix Games\Hired Guns\basis\scripts\logic
You will need MS Excel or another .xml viewer to open them.

(in reply to hellfish6)
Post #: 2
RE: Enemy kit standardization? - 1/13/2009 7:35:22 AM   
Mus

TIA Bruh. Watch footage of African militia fighting some time and tell me how standardized their equipment is. The only thing close to universal is the AK and AK clones so most of them are probably carrying 7.62x39mm ammo.

(in reply to hellfish6)
Post #: 3
RE: Enemy kit standardization? - 4/20/2009 5:28:13 AM   
Foraven

quote:

ORIGINAL: flankspeed

You can change what the enemies, or friends for that matter, are armed with in things.xml, or things_easy, things_hard depending on what difficulty you want to change.
The files are located here C:\Matrix Games\Hired Guns\basis\scripts\logic
You will need MS Excel or another .xml viewer to open them.

I agree with you, what the enemy carry should make a bit more sense and reflect what kind of combatant we face. Mercs and elite troops may have expensive and exotic weapons, but average militias and gang members should have cheap black market weapons and gears...

(in reply to flankspeed)
Post #: 4
RE: Enemy kit standardization? - 4/20/2009 6:29:18 PM   
Reinforce

Well the file you need to edit is a _HUGE_ one belive me I edited it to change the ammo around in my mod. It's the Things.xml in the Logic folder you can get a full listing of what everyones carrying in there. Theres I belive 5-10 differant Kits for each level of tango. So the Normal militia have these sets they get randomly and the snipers get these and so forth. It's all there if you want to look and or edit. I will tell you now though unless your useing an XML editor do not even try to play with the things files. I do suggest however if you want to try your hand at it to get the Microsoft office excel works 100% on these game files. Just when saveing the file do not change to formanting when promted, It'll make it unreadable to the game. You can get a trial of it too that lasts I belive 60-90 days.

Much Love,
Reinforce

(in reply to Foraven)
Post #: 5
RE: Enemy kit standardization? - 4/22/2009 8:18:39 PM   
Foraven

Well, the file may be huge, but not every kit need changes so the amount of work isn't that much. I will probably tackle that huge file sooner or later once i get the other parts of the game like i feel is right. I already worked on weapon ranges, enabled a few weapons that are already coded in, fixed a few errors i found and such, adjusted npcs and enemies stats.. I did ton of work in a few days and i guess it's only a matter of time that i fiddle with the things file.

Reinforce : Btw, i started modding over your your mod files, i hope you don't mind (save me from redoing all the improvements you already put in).

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 6
RE: Enemy kit standardization? - 4/22/2009 8:31:58 PM   
Reinforce

Na I was going to suggest if you did that to save time use my mod as a template. If I memeber right I added in all the weapons save for afew of the RPGs and the handguns oh and I skiped afew of the SMGs as well. There's models for alot more weapons though but they are mostly things like an M4 with silencer/Genade launcher/Scope so forth for pretty well all the weapons. No scoped M-14 though.. piss me off. -_-

I did some skinning for the game for my own use that never got added into the mod so if your brave I can point you to those files or you can read threw my mods fourm post I think I blabbed on about where all the files for that is. Ahh my Hello kitty XM8 How I love thee.

Just add me to the credits for the stuff I did do beyond that it's up for grabs.

Much Love,
Reinforce

(in reply to Foraven)
Post #: 7
RE: Enemy kit standardization? - 4/23/2009 1:15:44 AM   
ZK

AK's, AK's and more AK's. Figure I keep seeing thrown around is $25 US is the going rate for AK-47/AKM/Type-56 in the hotspots. Lot of FAL's are being surplused too but they're a little more pricey and most are semi-auto only.

I've been poking around the last few days and found these small arms inventory lists on militaryphotos.net. Can't vouch for their accuracy but I figure they make for a good enough reference for a fictional country.

South Africa http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=55012
Kenya http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=55013
Botswana http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=90198
Nigeria http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=90198

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 8
RE: Enemy kit standardization? - 4/23/2009 4:58:04 PM   
Foraven

If it interest anyone, i'm almost through the things files fixing. There are a lot of things but it's not too difficult to do, right now i'm adding a few goodies to it like a few weapons i enabled (machete, rpk, pk, fn49)...

(in reply to ZK)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Mods >> Enemy kit standardization? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI