Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Dropped items

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Dropped items Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dropped items - 4/23/2009 2:34:20 PM   
rainbowhorses

Hellow everybody!!
i'm a new member of this forum but a very old jag 2 player me and a very close friend of mine played the jag 2 demo i'd say at least 40 times whidout any problem and afther that when the full game came out we really enjoyed it !!

now i was trying to understand something of jag 3...
how the hell you manage to show the items on the ground???
i know is a very silly question...

thanks

Post #: 1
RE: Dropped items - 4/23/2009 9:32:59 PM   
rainbowhorses

i mean is there a way to hilight objects on the ground??? or to see all the object in the area as it was in jag 2 that from the map whit a right clic on the place you could see al the items in the area???

tnx

(in reply to rainbowhorses)
Post #: 2
RE: Dropped items - 5/12/2009 9:01:57 PM   
rainbowhorses

hey????no one there???
or is not possible do do it????

byez

Post #: 3
RE: Dropped items - 5/12/2009 9:05:46 PM   
Reinforce

I don't think there is away.. At least I don't recall one of the top of my head, Never needed it to be honest as all the items that are droped are on the loot screen at the end.

Much Love,
Reinforce

Post #: 4
RE: Dropped items - 5/13/2009 3:08:22 AM   
Mack the Knife

reinforce is correct. first, there is no way to highlight items on the ground and second, there is no need to as anything supposedly lying around is picked up when you click ok to loot. you can, however, search the bad guys before they become worm food and take their stuff. just so you know, it takes action points if you do it during combat.

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 5
RE: Dropped items - 7/1/2009 3:44:24 PM   
Anthropoid

Sometimes when you drop something it is more visible than other times. I have a few times dropped something and then managed to pick it up before leaving the area, but other times just could not find it even on open dirt road ground.

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to Mack the Knife)
Post #: 6
RE: Dropped items - 7/7/2009 10:18:35 PM   
GODSPEED7

I was wondering if there's any way of having the enemies drop all items?

Maybe there is some .ini tweaking or text file that can be changed.

Thanks for your input!

GODSPEEDseven

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 7
RE: Dropped items - 7/8/2009 1:22:25 AM   
Mack the Knife

quote:

I was wondering if there's any way of having the enemies drop all items?

as said earlier, the sometimes tedious routine of searching everyone/everything in previous JA games has been eliminated in this one. ALL of the items that the DEAD bad guys had in their packs is yours when you click OK to loot once you've cleared the sector. there is no need to search dead bodies (unless you need something during combat) or have them drop stuff. only rarely do you find stuff in cabinets in buildings. i still search some of the more "official" looking buildings but i don't search every cabinet like in JA2 (which, by the way, i enjoyed doing )

(in reply to GODSPEED7)
Post #: 8
RE: Dropped items - 7/8/2009 3:46:46 AM   
GODSPEED7

I'm sorry, maybe my question wasn't properly worded..

I am thinking of the JA 1.13 mod where enemies will drop EVERYTHING; To be more precise, in Hired Guns - as in pre-1.13 JA2 - enemies only randomly and rarely drop their weapons. So you end up with a whole bunch of ammunition types for a whole bunch of different guns, but no sign of the gun they used. The soldier was shooting me with an AK, but he only drops the ammo, not the gun, no matter if you loot the body OR if you wait for the inventory screen on the tactical map.

Sorry if I made you repeat something for nothing.. ;)

Maybe there is a 'mod' or file out there that enables full inventory drops and not only partial ones.

thanks!

GODSPEEDseven

Post #: 9
RE: Dropped items - 7/8/2009 1:41:51 PM   
Anthropoid

Yeah, I'm not sure why so many of the guns never show up in the Loot. is it really about the "not dropping" function?

The thing I'd like to see is more of the boxes, crates, containers, etc. in the game made into "real" boxes, and have something put in them. Even if it is only some useless stuff. At present, "searching" a map at the end of a firefight is very perfunctory. Just turn roofs off, and move your cursor around to see if there are any actual containers to search. Run a guy over there and search it.

Or another option would be to just have all the items in containers show up in the Loot at the end, which they do not do at present.

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to GODSPEED7)
Post #: 10
RE: Dropped items - 7/8/2009 7:19:49 PM   
GODSPEED7

I do agree with you. I do think the brown containers should contain things, although I doubt most of them would contain very valuable gear, but it would help if I we're in a military sector to find a G3 or SVD stored somewhere you know. Its rewarding to find nice things in crates you fought for.. hehe. The good old days of assaulting Alma and finding an M14, or Famas or again the SVD the guys on the roofs carried, hehe!

Yeah, i've actually given up going around the different crates too, as I quickly mouse over them all, isn't as rewarding as JA2, although I'm trying not to make comparisons .

I'll juste psot the question over once again in case someone else comes up with an idea.

Is it possible to have enemies drop ALL their items, even the guns? Why does the enemy randomly drop a gun? But always have the ammo in their inventory.. ??

Maybe someone is working on Hired Guns 1.13... hehe..

GODSPEEDseven

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 11
RE: Dropped items - 7/8/2009 7:56:53 PM   
Anthropoid

Godspeed, I'm not sure the problem of them "not having a gun" to loot is necessarily linked to them "not dropping all their items." As far as I can tell, they do not drop ANYTHING. Whatever they had on them when they die stays on their bodies, and then it goes into the Loot window that you see after the battle.

So yes, I agree that it is irregular that you see the enemy shooting weapons, and then you find ammo on their bodies, but only occasionally any actual weapons. The fact that 50 to 65% of the weapons just disappear is unusual.

However, I think it might be working as designed (WAD) and set up the way it is for game balance purposes. I suppose the rationale is that, yes he had a weapon that he was using to shoot at you, but it is broken when you check his body and therefore is just not showing up on his body or in the loot.

If you are playing Foraven's mod, just keep going, you will gradually get more and more weapons from dead enemies. The algorithms seem to be set up to reduce but not totally eliminate weapons that you acquire as you progress through more and more sectors.

(in reply to GODSPEED7)
Post #: 12
RE: Dropped items - 7/8/2009 9:24:30 PM   
GODSPEED7

I'm not really surprised, I was pretty sure it was planned that way as well. Although even if it was planned like this.. as a progress factor, it's kind of messed up, because DJ's often has (randomly) pretty good weapons even at the start.. I'm just wondering if any mod out there incorporates the Drop All feature that overides the games original balancing act.

I am playing the  Fine Tuned Mod 1.5b...

GODSPEEDseven

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 13
RE: Dropped items - 7/8/2009 9:50:52 PM   
Anthropoid

As you progress with FTM 1.5b, you'll gradually get more and more weapons.

(in reply to GODSPEED7)
Post #: 14
RE: Dropped items - 7/9/2009 9:24:08 PM   
Mack the Knife

quote:

is it really about the "not dropping" function?

i didn't really read all of what has been said but i'll interject this one observation which is probably already known, but hey... when you kill a guy during tactical mode use your AP to search the body, the gun is always gone so i don't think it's an issue of "not dropping". evidently it is scripted so there is nothing (no weapon) to drop.

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 15
RE: Dropped items - 7/10/2009 4:22:03 PM   
GODSPEED7

I know I know... hahaha.. It's just like JA2 before the 1.13 mod. What I'm looking for is a mod or tweak of some sorts that forces the enemy to actually drop ANY and EVERY item he was carrying, (including the Gun).

Thanks anyways though..

GODSPEEDseven

Post #: 16
RE: Dropped items - 7/10/2009 8:57:18 PM   
Mack the Knife

quote:

I know I know.

you're missing my point. I KNOW you're looking for a mod to get them to drop everything, ok? i got that long ago...what i'm saying is...eh, forget it. i don't feel like explaining it. good luck finding the mod.

(in reply to GODSPEED7)
Post #: 17
RE: Dropped items - 7/10/2009 11:37:34 PM   
GODSPEED7

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I jsut think it would be possible to change the scripting to add the feature.. unfortunately I know nothing of scripts and the likes. It isn't a big problem though (that they don't drop everything), I guess I would be stuck having to micromanage even more things.. hehe

GODSPEEDseven

Post #: 18
RE: Dropped items - 7/11/2009 1:49:47 AM   
Mack the Knife

hey, no problem

...but truth be told, you're asking for sumthun that ain't gonna happen.

(in reply to GODSPEED7)
Post #: 19
RE: Dropped items - 7/21/2009 5:07:33 PM   
Roy

Ok after playing for one eveing, I noticed the the enemies you leave on the ground in 'dying' mode, keep their weapons when they finally expire.  they ones that are 'killed' outright loose all dropped items, weapons and headgear.  So I guess if you want that weapon, once they are critical or bad, start shooting at legs.

**edit

after sencond evening, not really. its more random as to what stays.

< Message edited by Roy -- 7/22/2009 10:39:55 PM >

Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Dropped items Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI