Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ever had ships just sit at the docks?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Ever had ships just sit at the docks? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ever had ships just sit at the docks? - 5/22/2002 10:03:18 AM   
Kahn

I would classify this as a pitfall, rather than a bug in the game. Have you ever just had your ships sit in drydock waiting for repairs that are never executed? Your ships just sit there, waiting; and can't be commanded to do anything, they're just stuck there with hammers banging away. :eek: This is the cause and the solution to this problem.

This usually occures after a big engagement, when you have ether suffered some major damage to some of your ships, or have captured some enemy ships. When any ship has suffered enough damage to require it to be towed back to one of your worlds, if the drive has been completely shot out or all the generators are gone, do not tow the ship back to your worlds for repair as one of your first actions after completion of a battle!

Since you cannot replace lost systems before initial repairs have been completed, ether tow it to a base that is not currently occupied with routine maintenence, or wait and tow the ship in as your last action after all the other ships have been repaired. What happens next is why ships tend to get stuck waiting for repairs. Once the repairs have begun, you cannot access the production queue for that ship untill all the initial systems have been repaired. Normally, once the systems still intact onboard the ship have been repaired, the ship moves out of drydock and the program notifies you that it is ready to be outfitted if open spaces are present (This is why all ships start with a drive and a power source). But when a ship has had it's drive shot away or no generators present, and is towed into drydock, it is incapable of leaving the drydock! Hence, once the initial repairs are done the program will keep replacing existing items at random until you manually intervene and place a drive and/or generators onboard the ship! :cool:

Hope this tip helps anyone who has experienced this problem. Finding the ship responsible can be quite a chore if you've commanded an entire fleet to return to one of your home systems with the offending ship in tow as I did. :D

"The one you have to watch out for is the one you don't see comming!"
[B]Kahn[/B]
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Ever had ships just sit at the docks? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI