Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

"Fight to the Death" bug?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> The War Room >> "Fight to the Death" bug? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"Fight to the Death" bug? - 5/2/2009 7:49:19 PM   
KaiserSosay

Hi,

I have played a few games with no end date or autovictory as allied and axis and despite killing off every last opponent and claiming every last opponent owned territory (and even opponent friendly neutrals) the game never seems to actually end. I have continued well into the 1950s. Last game I killed off the soviets but I still get mssgs from them doing spy attacks, sig int etc.. I even changed them from AI to human to 'play out' their turn and confirmed they have no territories or units yet still are active in the spy game and probably the reason the game won't end. The rule below seems to indicate the game should be over when I wipe out the last opponent player unit. I was hoping to continue the post war East versus West Scenario and even lined up units along the iron curtain (my game turned out historically accurate except that Bulgaria was Western alliance controlled). I had delayed taking the Jap capitol until I aligned these forces in the 1950s and read somewhere that the East versus West scenario would not start if delayed too long. Is this a bug? Is there someway I can get the no end date game/no autovictory to actually end and see some kind of victory screen as axis or get the East versus West option as allies?

14.6 No End Date Game Option
When this option is selected, the game will not end until either one player no longer controls at
least one region or Automatic Victory is triggered. If both No Auto Victory and No End Date are
selected, the players will “fight to the death,” with the game ending only when one alliance is
completely wiped off the map. If this option is not selected, the last possible turn of the game is
displayed near the Axis High Water Mark on the Strategic Map screen (for Total War it will display
End: Fall 1946).

Thanks in advance,

KaiserSosay
Post #: 1
RE: "Fight to the Death" bug? - 5/3/2009 6:29:54 AM   
WanderingHead

Noted.

I will take a look and see whether if this is easy to improve or not when I do look at bugs again, but it might not get fixed. At least a human can easily judge the end in this context.

(in reply to KaiserSosay)
Post #: 2
RE: "Fight to the Death" bug? - 5/9/2009 7:41:44 PM   
KaiserSosay

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Its a great game and plays well on my portable when I travel. I just transfer the save game files. Thanks

KaiserSosay

(in reply to WanderingHead)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> The War Room >> "Fight to the Death" bug? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI