Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

UFL/AAFL

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> The Red Zone! >> UFL/AAFL Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
UFL/AAFL - 12/21/2007 6:26:07 AM   
VCFL Commish

http://allamericanfootballleague.com/

So what do you guys think of the league it looks like a go but will it last.

< Message edited by VCFL Commish -- 10/6/2008 2:05:02 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: AAFL - 12/21/2007 2:25:19 PM   
garysorrell

I'm all for it. I dont live and die by the NFL anyway. Any other option is fine with me. They will play in the spring, and not compete for talent like the USFL did, so as long as people pay to sit in the stadiums I think they will succeed.

I havent heard if they will have a TV deal or not, that always helps sweeten the pot.

And dont forget this one, Mark Cuban is involved:

http://www.ufl2008.com/index.html

(in reply to VCFL Commish)
Post #: 2
RE: AAFL - 2/5/2008 2:04:22 AM   
VCFL Commish

http://www.mghelmets.com/aafl.html

helmets for the AAFL

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 3
RE: AAFL - 2/5/2008 5:16:50 AM   
Marauders

I guess the league is limited to 50 teams.

Post #: 4
RE: AAFL - 2/5/2008 12:45:38 PM   
garysorrell

Well, technically, they could include Central and South 'America'.

Brazil v Chile

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 5
RE: AAFL - 2/5/2008 7:20:09 PM   
Marauders

quote:

Well, technically, they could include Central and South 'America'.

The teams are named after states.

Brazil and Argentina would have to have teams in states as well. Brazil is pretty large after all.

Post #: 6
RE: AAFL - 2/6/2008 1:50:09 AM   
garysorrell

I was only kidding, of course. But, if college football in South America ever takes off...well? :-)

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 7
RE: AAFL - 3/7/2008 5:53:33 AM   
David Winter

This league is is about to fold.

http://news.jacksonville.com/justin/2008/03/06/all-american-football-league-expected-to-fold-2/

(gees.. why are news paper sites so slow to load)

Post #: 8
RE: AAFL - 3/7/2008 10:11:08 AM   
garysorrell

Wow, thats just sad. I was looking forward to this. If it's true, I also think an issue may have been the new UFL. From what I gather they are going to play in the fall, but in non NFL cities, and likely pay competetive wages. I think I read they would pay similar to the bottom 3rd of an NFL roster. Thats good money, and maybe some players were looking to that one. But I dont know.

I think people will warm to a standard professional league, as opposed to the AAFL, which would to some extent, be a traveling road show. Home games here and there. I will buy season tickets to the Orlando UFL team, they will play here. But I wouldnt buy them for the AAFL Florida team, because im not traveling all over the state to see a game.

I do hope they can give it a go.

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 9
RE: AAFL - 4/24/2008 3:22:51 AM   
VCFL Commish

With this picture of the unies and the above link to the helmets is anyone doing Jersies for max for this league?

Post #: 10
UFL - 9/8/2008 3:29:57 AM   
VCFL Commish

http://www.ufl-football.com/

Any idea what happen to this league?

Post #: 11
RE: UFL - 9/8/2008 4:26:02 PM   
mbsports

Nothing yet on UFL - they're going for next season as is the AAFL - lets see if either one gets something in place, after the AAFL crashed and burned right before they were getting going I don't have a whole lot of faith in either one.

Post #: 12
RE: UFL - 9/9/2008 1:00:32 PM   
garysorrell

I dont either. But I do think the UFL is better suited to survive. Decent pay, non-NFL cities.....keep the expectations low and they could be a successful league. Especially if ownership is on the level of mark Cuban.

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 13
RE: UFL - 9/9/2008 8:44:46 PM   
Breeze

They'll need a network TV deal though...and that could be a tough sell.

Post #: 14
RE: UFL - 10/6/2008 2:22:24 AM   
VCFL Commish

http://unitedfootballleagues.com/

http://www.oursportscentral.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=104

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/08/10/ufl/?eref=sircrc

As I've stated time and time again proper control of their finances will be critical for success and the proposed player salary cap of $20 million will do that. A guy like Vick could get maximum value in the UFL for essentially what could be NFL conditioning; personally I'd hate to see him leave after a year in but most likely someone in the NFL would make him an offer if he is re-instated.

Hartford UFL East Hartford, CT Rentschler Field (40,000)
Las Vegas UFL Las Vegas, NV Sam Boyd Stadium (36,800)
Los Angeles UFL Los Angeles Cal TBA Mark Cuban
New York UFL New York City Citi Field (45,000)
Orlando UFL Orlando Fla TBA
San Francisco UFL San Francisco Bay Area TBA

(in reply to Breeze)
Post #: 15
RE: UFL - 10/6/2008 10:59:05 AM   
Mykal

quote:

ORIGINAL: VCFL Commish

http://unitedfootballleagues.com/

http://www.oursportscentral.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=104

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/08/10/ufl/?eref=sircrc

As I've stated time and time again proper control of their finances will be critical for success and the proposed player salary cap of $20 million will do that. A guy like Vick could get maximum value in the UFL for essentially what could be NFL conditioning; personally I'd hate to see him leave after a year in but most likely someone in the NFL would make him an offer if he is re-instated.

Hartford UFL East Hartford, CT Rentschler Field (40,000)
Las Vegas UFL Las Vegas, NV Sam Boyd Stadium (36,800)
Los Angeles UFL Los Angeles Cal TBA Mark Cuban
New York UFL New York City Citi Field (45,000)
Orlando UFL Orlando Fla TBA
San Francisco UFL San Francisco Bay Area TBA

Hmmmm
Should he be re-instated though thats the question, I dont think he should
things he allowed on his property were unforgivable

Post #: 16
RE: UFL - 10/6/2008 3:17:54 PM   
Brodie

I have to agree with you on that.I am glad to see that the CFL is honouring NFL suspensions.That said Vick could do for the UFL what Bobby hull did for the WHA.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 17
RE: UFL - 10/7/2008 3:52:30 AM   
mbsports

Ray Lewis conspired to cover up who killed a man...

Vick's actions were totally repugnant... should that mean he can never play football again?  I have to say no, but I also don't have to like that.

(in reply to Brodie)
Post #: 18
RE: UFL - 10/7/2008 5:13:16 AM   
grandmarquis84

I think as inhumane and terrible as it was to say what he did were unforgivable is a little harsh.  Some players have gotten away with a lot worse.  I personally like to see when people get a second chance.

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 19
RE: UFL - 10/7/2008 11:28:25 PM   
garysorrell

Im of the same mind here I guess, as far as second chances. Vick was naughty, he was punished, now I would say let him play. Ricky Williams is playing.
It's the guys that dont learn, and keep making mistakes, then are allowed to play over and over again. Drives me bats.

However, I dont think the NFL is obligated to ever allow him to play. He can go play in the CFL, UFL or whatever. The NFL is a business, they dont owe him a job. But he can try elsewhere.

(in reply to grandmarquis84)
Post #: 20
RE: UFL - 10/8/2008 12:11:23 AM   
mbsports

I would say Leonard Little is someone who I don't necessarily think should be allowed to continue in football.  In 98' he killed someone drunk driving, 6 years later he was acquitted of "driving while intoxicated" despite failing 3 sobriety tests.

He was suspended for 8 games for a manslaughter conviction...

That I think is repugnant.

Post #: 21
RE: UFL - 10/8/2008 4:55:37 PM   
VCFL Commish

Were are they going to get the players for the league.The way they are talking they want players with NFL experience in some way.If these players don`t make the NFL wouldn`t they have found there way into the AFL and CFL.The question is how this league will effect them with a 20 million dollar salary cap the other two leagues are going to lose players wouldn`t you think.
I am not worried about the CFL they have seen these leagues come and go and with the unique rules some players are better suited to our game anyway but like to hear the views of you guys.

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 22
RE: UFL - 10/8/2008 11:49:24 PM   
garysorrell

From what I have read, they will be paying salaries similar to the bottom 3rd of what NFL players make. So I assume the draw would be to make what you could make in the NFL, but start and get lots of playing time.

If the league can pay that kind of money, and has a TV contract of some sort, it could do well.

Post #: 23
RE: UFL - 10/9/2008 12:59:43 AM   
mbsports

And if you get big time playing time there then you have a good shot of showing your talent level is higher then maybe was noticed in the NFL and you can get back in at a higher slot.  Overall I think it is necessary to have a Spring League to further develop players but it has to be done right and so far the models brought up have been lacking.  People have to be able to see the games and follow the league.  NFL-E was a pain in the but eventually to follow.  One thing that I think leagues and series throughout sports get it wrong on is charging the fan to view a game online.  Honestly my eyeballs should be worth it to make it accessible.  Especially in a sponsor driven world my time is in fact your product that you're selling to advertisers and you have to give me a product worth watching.  If you expect me to pony up $14.95 a month just to follow it, you're going to find that model isn't going to work.  You're not going to have enough of a fan base straight off the bat who are willing to follow it just because it is football.  I think that has been one of the flaws the onus on the fans to make the league work.  Fans will support it if it is worth supporting and the level of play is there.  If that happens you'll get your ratings, you'll get what you need to sell to the sponsors.  I think one of the keys is to stay out of the NFL Markets for the most part - concentrate on serving areas that don't have access to the pro game at this point.  Second would be to make sure the model works for all parties and part of that is not overcomplicating it.  I don't really think a 50 yard FG is worth 4 points it is 3 points - make it worth 3 points.  Don't screw around with all these different rule sets, it complicates the game when what we really want is football.  You're not making it more entertaining, you're making it a pain in the bum to follow! 

Bah I have more but in the end I expect that the next Spring league will be more of the same and will fail for the same reasons the others have.

Post #: 24
RE: UFL - 12/2/2008 10:39:40 PM   
Great White

I would like to see yet another avuene for players cannot make The NFL, I must say I think it has long odds against it.

Thank you. Not racist/favorite animal. Hate Madden/NCAA/Industry is behind. Past-coach/player/sports radio/referee, now-private: teacher/coach/owner-Great White's Sports Association-FootBall/Rugby/Lacrosse, planned-late ‘2010. Student/industry person? PM

(in reply to mbsports)
Post #: 25
RE: UFL - 12/19/2008 4:27:01 AM   
VCFL Commish

http://www.ufl-football.com/home

They seem to have updated their homepage with a welcome to Micheal Vick he wanted to play in the league.

(in reply to Great White)
Post #: 26
New USFL - 4/9/2009 2:09:49 AM   
VCFL Commish

http://www.newusfl.com/index.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Football_League_(2010)

http://www.newusfl.com/USFLAdvisory/advisory.html

http://www.newusfl.com/USFLfaqs/FAQs.html

quote:

New rules
Like the XFL, which adopted a number of unusual rules to drive fan curiosity, the USFL has announced it too will adopt a number of new rules[2](many of which were adopted from previous leagues):
  • No pre-season, just a 16-game regular season (adopted from the World Football League, although the WFL played a 20-week regular season)
  • No touchbacks on kickoffs; if the ball goes out of the endzone, it will be placed at the 15-yard line (adopted from Arena Football League)
  • Field goals of 51 yards or more will be four points (adopted from NFL Europe)
  • A three-point conversion will be placed at the 10 yard line (adopted from the XFL)
  • One foot inbounds for a catch (a rule in virtually every league except the NFL)
  • No kneel-downs (adopted from Arena Football League)
  • Safeties are worth 4 points
  • Overtime will be played like in college

No word has been announced on whether the league will continue to follow the path of the XFL and adopt other rules like the forward motion rule used by the WFL, XFL and arena leagues, as well as in Canadian football.

Anyone know anything about a new USFL

Post #: 27
175 ft instead of 160 ft ? - 5/8/2009 1:23:42 PM   
VCFL Commish

As listed above the New USFL is planning on using rules to open up the game from what the NFL does.I remember when Rocket Ismail let the Argo`s to sign in the  NFL he made a comment to the commish I forgot how small the field was could you make it 5 yards wider then laughted.
So what do you guys think 7 1/2 feet wider on each side of the field I can`t see that effecting fitting in the staduim and it would add alot more room for passing and sweeps and not change the fundamentals of the game that Americans are use to.Like in hockey the field has gotten smaller in the respect that the players are bigger and faster and cover more ground quicker.

Post #: 28
RE: 175 ft instead of 160 ft ? - 5/9/2009 8:53:33 AM   
Marauders

I like the open ice in international hockey.

I'm not thrilled about messing with the football field size just because one can.  Expect more picks, as QB's have to throw longer sideline passes.

Post #: 29
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> The Red Zone! >> UFL/AAFL Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI