Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Email game on new computer?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Email game on new computer? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Email game on new computer? - 5/24/2002 6:04:25 AM   
NaKATPase

Here's the situation.

I'm playing a pbem game with a friend. This friend had to get a new hard drive; he lost all the data on his old hard drive.
He reinstalled spwaw on his new hard drive and patched it.
At this point, I sent him the latest pbem files.
Now, when he tries to start the game, he is unable to. When he clicks start, nothing happens, the screen just stays at the save game select screen.

We're both running on the same version (7.0, we started this game a while ago). There's no way for the old files to be recovered from his computer, but I should have everything related to the game on my computer. Is there some file outside of the normal 4 associated with pbem games that could be missing?
Any thoughts or help would be much appreciated. :)
Post #: 1
- 5/24/2002 6:17:46 AM   
Paul Vebber

Send him the files for the last turn for the last turn HE sent YOU. See if you can start it up from there. IT will give you a "security violation" message but you should be able to start it back up.

(in reply to NaKATPase)
Post #: 2
- 5/24/2002 7:34:08 AM   
john g

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Paul Vebber
[B]Send him the files for the last turn for the last turn HE sent YOU. See if you can start it up from there. IT will give you a "security violation" message but you should be able to start it back up. [/B][/QUOTE]

Is his new installation the same as his old one? I thought there was a check in the secure email mode checking to see if it isn't being run in the same directory structure as the original.
thanks, John.

(in reply to NaKATPase)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Email game on new computer? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI