Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Gettysburg II

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series >> After Action Reports >> Gettysburg II Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gettysburg II - 5/3/2009 4:27:24 PM   
nealjhebert

Rob and I restarted Gettysburg and have made it to 1400 on Day One without any of the previous zip problems. It could be that being my first PBEM I didn't get the zip process quite right a couple of times.

I decided to pursue a different approach, immediately withdrawing Buford's division to McPherson's Woods with orders to engage whatever came over the ridge on the Pike or entered the woods. Wadsworth's division was placed on Buford's right flank, and instead of deploying Robinson to defend the approaches against II Corps that division was sent forward and took position on Buford's left flank. Doubleday's division then fell in to take the Federal left flank. This isn't an approach I would normally have taken, however I wanted to see how the Confederates reacted.

As expected, Rodes' division of II Corps was diverted to attack the right flank of my I Corps lines, and Wadsworth's division is being hard-pressed. This is what I was hoping to see, as XI Corps has occupied Culp's Hill and is forming to defend the high ground behind Gettysburg and will be facing only one division. I'm counting on them to hold until the two XII Corps divisions make their appearance in a couple of hours.

I'll try to have a better description of the Confederate deployments with my next update.

Neal.....

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by nealjhebert -- 5/3/2009 4:31:49 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Gettysburg II - 5/3/2009 6:00:33 PM   
V22 Osprey

Yet another Gettysburg game.Why not some AARs of Antietam or Waterloo?

Sorry if that sounded like I was being mean, but.....

(in reply to nealjhebert)
Post #: 2
RE: Gettysburg II - 5/3/2009 6:15:39 PM   
nealjhebert

Sorry if the battle choice isn't to your liking. I'll do everyone a favor and cease the AAR immediately. Thanks for the post.

Neal.....

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 3
RE: Gettysburg II - 5/3/2009 6:51:41 PM   
V22 Osprey

I didnt mean it like that.

I'm just saying that all the AARs in this forum are Gettysburg.Not saying that it was a bad or I wouldnt enjoy it.

< Message edited by V22 Osprey -- 5/3/2009 7:00:53 PM >

Post #: 4
RE: Gettysburg II - 5/5/2009 11:06:57 PM   
Ashantai

I am enjoying looking at it, even if no one else is.

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 5
RE: Gettysburg II - 5/6/2009 12:58:41 AM   
nealjhebert

I apologize, however I took the criticism to heart. I look at the number of AAR's posted and can see that the board hasn't exactly been burning up. Another Gettysburg? Nothing has been posted since the last battle ended months ago.

If a person wishes to have a different battle represented, they should simply find an opponent and post the AAR without complaining about the choices of others. I'm sure I would read it with great interest in order to observe how others approach the particular battle.

Neal.....

(in reply to Ashantai)
Post #: 6
RE: Gettysburg II - 5/12/2009 1:12:12 AM   
nealjhebert

At 1120 on Day 2 the Confederate commander asked for terms. He was down to less than 100 artillery rounds and had determined that he had sufficient ammunition remaining for neither offensive or defensive operations. As the Union commander I saw no game in killing men who had fought so bravely and didn't have the means to defend themselves. The terms offered:

1) Immediate cease fire, and for the remainder of the day the rebels would be allowed to collect their wounded from the battlefield.
2) Retreat to where they came from at the earliest opportunity, which would be shadowed by my troops.
3) Confederate troops sing "Battle Hymn of the Republic" every hour during their retreat until they had crossed the Potomac River.

The Confederate commander accepted my terms.

Casualties at the time of the cease fire:

Union
Infantry: 15800
Cavalry: 725
Artillery: 38
Leaders: 11

Confederate
Infantry: 17150
Cavalry: 775
Artillery: 23
Leaders: 18

Score: 777 (Draw)

Post #: 7
RE: Gettysburg II - 5/13/2009 12:47:27 AM   
Ashantai

They sure used a lot of artillery ammo!

But that is a pretty bloody battle. Thanks for reporting it! :)

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series >> After Action Reports >> Gettysburg II Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI