Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 10/25/2000 9:21:00 AM   
Pack Rat

Donald Sutherland was a scream in "Kelly's Heros". ------------------ Good hunting, Pack Rat

PR

(in reply to Recon_slith)
Post #: 31
- 10/25/2000 1:45:00 PM   
Heartland

quote:

Originally posted by Fabs: I don't classify Kelly's heroes as a war movie, really. As a war movie, it is simply too far out.
Heh, I agree completely. I think it's perfectly okay to slam the last half (or more) of Saving Private Ryan for being unrealistic, Star Wars-inspired, over-inflated flag-waving tripe, because it set out to be the ultimate potrayal of grunts on the west front. Kelly's Heroes on the other hand, sets out to be a good fun, adventure tale of a bunch of weird people who happens to be in a war, and succeeds admirably. I don't think I have met a single person with any amount of social competence how doesn't find this one more or less hilarious. In fact, I'm thinking about suggesting to my boss we don't hire any people who don't like it. In the same vein, The Thin Red Line sets out to be a beautiful and thoughtful look at what goes on in head of a group of people and how they come to term with death. It also succeeds admirably, and manages to throw a surprising amount of military realism into the mix as well, considering it's not the point of the movie. ------------------ "Nobody takes power. They're given power by the rest of us, because we are stupid or afraid or both." - William Edgars, Babylon 5:"The Exercise of Vital Powers"

"Spare some change for a homocidal maniac..."
-- Homeless guy in the London subway

Post #: 32
- 10/25/2000 5:28:00 PM   
Nikademus

**U-571** complete with manditory Germans massacering defenceless civilians scene. one word review after being dragged to see it. "ACK"

Post #: 33
- 10/25/2000 5:50:00 PM   
degen

Kellys Heroes has some funny moments, but unfortunately for those who know very little history, unlike us, they think it is somewhat based on facts. For the gen-x or whatever generation they are now, movies are how they learn about history. In this respect, Kellys Heroes fails to have any redeeming qualities.

"I would have much rather that he had given me one more division" - Rommel after receiving his field marshall baton

Post #: 34
- 10/25/2000 7:18:00 PM   
Nikademus

Kelly's hero's i consider more a comedy-drama set in wartime than anything else therefore i dont judge it based on "historical content" But then again i'm biased...i loved Donald Sutherland in it. "ITS A BEAUTIFUL TANK!!!!...." the movie also sticks in my mind as i thought for a while there that i was looking at an actual Tiger tank staring as itself....till i took a closer look at the suspension.

Post #: 35
- 10/25/2000 8:13:00 PM   
El Che

I had made the votes recount about “WWII films –what is your favorite?” It was a hard work, but some one had to do it. Here are the numbers: 1st: “Das Boot” (17 votes) 2nd “Saving Private Ryan” and “Stalingrad” (13 votes each one) NOTE: some people who votes for SPR only did for the landing scene, I take this as a 25% of a vote. 3rd “A bridge to far” (9 votes) 4th “Cross of Iron” and “Kelly’s heroes” (7 votes each one) 5th “The winter war” (6) 6th “The unknown soldier” (5) When I get some more time I will make the same for the worst movie. I had remembered a very good one (although I think that is not a war movie but a political one): “La battaglia di Algeri” (“The Battle for Algeria” , by Gillo Pontecorvo. A film form 1966. Is the history of the fight between the Algerian National Liberation Front and the French Paratroopers since 1954 to 1957. For those who like good films, its a very good one (it won the gold lion in the Venice festival in 1966). For those who like strategy or politics: the movie explains the politic and military tactics of both the Algerians and French sides. For those who like to see real tanks there are a SU-100 in one of the last scenes (during scene of the last Arab manifestation) PS for Xavier: It seems that my brother has the video cassettes from “The Battle for Moscow”! I will ask him to make a copy (knowing my brother this could take a some time) and afterwards I will send them to you. Do the e-mail in your “Profile” correct? I could e-mail you there when I had the copies, so you could give me your postal address. Che ------------------ No Pasarán!!

Hasta la victoria siempre!

Post #: 36
- 10/26/2000 1:40:00 AM   
reaper2100

In the Thin Red Line, At one point, if you watch the 105's behind Nick Nolte's character, you will see them jump up in the air instead of recoiling like a real artillery piece. Watch the gun tubes, there is no backward movement at all. [This message has been edited by reaper2100 (edited October 25, 2000).]

Post #: 37
- 10/26/2000 2:36:00 AM   
Billy Yank

quote:

Originally posted by Brutto-Bob: 2) Every german patrol had one strong guy to issue a body fight with the hero (and lose it obviously)
True, but it's always worth a chuckle when the hero hits him with his pattented one-two punch and the strong guy just grins. My vote for worst goes to "Sixty Seconds Over Tokyo". As cheesy as any Soviet propaganda film, but without the artistry. ------------------ Billy Yank I don't define "my own" the way you want me to.

Billy Yank
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
-- Thorin Oakenshield

Post #: 38
- 10/26/2000 12:15:00 PM   
Fredde

quote:

Originally posted by Panzerjaeger Hortlund: 3) Any German force regardless of size will walk into any ambush or trap, no matter how obvious the trap or ambush is. German units on march will move with their tanks first followed by soldiers in trucks. The halftracks comes last together with the recon units. 5) German tactics. When ordered to attack, a German soldier will run as fast as he can towards his objective. If a unit is ordered to attack, the entire unit will run as fast as they can towards their objective, preferably in a straight line. . 7) German tanks will drive buttoned towards the enemy without infantry support. [/B]
Gee this sounds like a good description of AI tactics First the tanks come charging, then trucks loaded with soldiers, and in the rear the recon AC's are driving round and round in circles.. all in a straight line towards the objectives except the AC's which will never see them. Only exception here is the halftracks moving ahead of the tanks. The easy, extremely obvious ambushing also fits, and the mad dash forward of buttoned tanks with their supporting infantry way behind. The AI is still a lot better than it used to be, so don't take me wrong.

"If infantry is the Queen of the battlefield, artillery is her backbone", Jukka L. Mäkelä about the Finnish victory at Ihantala.

Post #: 39
- 10/26/2000 12:47:00 PM   
Hortlund

ROFL come to think about it, it sounds *exactly* like AI tactics (dont get me wrong, still love the game). Now everyone can recreate their favourite scene from any crap-warmovie. One of my favourite moments was when 7 polish 19-men (i think its 19) squads occupied the same hex in a meeting engagement battle. I still have no idea what possessed the AI to pull of that small gem of tactical brilliance... sounds more like 18-19th century warfare to me "Form squares". Anyhow, my Ju 88 had a field day with those poor poles. ------------------ Panzerjaeger Hortlund -=Fear is only a state of mind=-

The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to a close.
In its place we are entering a period of consequences..

Post #: 40
- 10/26/2000 1:38:00 PM   
Heartland

quote:

Originally posted by degen: For the gen-x or whatever generation they are now, movies are how they learn about history. In this respect, Kellys Heroes fails to have any redeeming qualities.
Yeah, but this is like judging Star Wars by how well Newtonian physics are portrayed in the ww2-in-space-dogfights (not at all) - a waste of time and beside the point. At least those gen-x people watching Kelly's Heroes may get a rough idea about what a Tiger tank is, for example, which they wouldn't have a clue about otherwise. With this kind of movie you take whatever historical accuracy that accidently slips in as an extra bonus, not as the basis on which to judge the whole enchilada. ------------------ "Nobody takes power. They're given power by the rest of us, because we are stupid or afraid or both." - William Edgars, Babylon 5:"The Exercise of Vital Powers"

"Spare some change for a homocidal maniac..."
-- Homeless guy in the London subway

Post #: 41
- 10/26/2000 1:39:00 PM   
The MSG

quote:

Originally posted by Nikademus: Kelly's hero's i consider more a comedy-drama set in wartime than anything else therefore i dont judge it based on "historical content" But then again i'm biased...i loved Donald Sutherland in it. "ITS A BEAUTIFUL TANK!!!!...." the movie also sticks in my mind as i thought for a while there that i was looking at an actual Tiger tank staring as itself....till i took a closer look at the suspension.
My favourite Oddball(Sutherlands Char) comment is -"You and your negative waves, man..." Well, that Tiger is one of the best Tiger conversions I have seen... I saw this movie about Patton in Tunisia, where the role of Tigers was eminently played by M47 Pattons(if there EVER was a tank that DIDNT look like a Tiger...)! Well, I dont know if one can class these movies as warmovies (they certainly arent WW2, but anyway), but what do you say about Rambo 2-3? Gotta LOVE that scene in R3 where Sly plays chicken with the Hind with his singlehandedly operated T-72... ------------------ The MSG

"Arf! Arf! Thats my other dog impression."
-Oddball

Post #: 42
- 10/26/2000 4:15:00 PM   
Don Doom

one- Kellys heros, funny movie,only good thing about it is the shermans! two- I know it is not a ww2 movie but "Lion of the desert" aint hafe bad, funny ital's though. three-Battle of the bluge- M47-48 for SDKFZ VIB(King Tiger)Give me a break. four-The Bridge, Is not a bad movie. five-TRL- I have not seen it, from what I saw in the previews, not going to either. six- SPR- not on my list to see any time before my kids die of old age. seven- desert rats,tank girl, sahara,tabruk,any john wayne war flicks, This is enough for now. Panzermann Doom Will only stop for food,gas or Victory!

Doom
Vet of the Russian General Winter
For death is only the begining

Post #: 43
- 10/26/2000 5:07:00 PM   
troopie

For non-WW2 movies, "The Green Berets". I first saw that in the late 80's with a couple of Vietnam Vets. You should have heard the swearing, derisive hoots, and sniggers. When Big John makes a sloppy speech and a doubter actually volunteers for combat, they were nearly shocked into apoplexy. troopie ------------------ Pamwe Chete

Pamwe Chete

Post #: 44
- 10/27/2000 4:18:00 AM   
SARGE220

quote:

Originally posted by Ilja Varha: And more: Germans say small words like "Himmel, scheisse, engländer, führer..." in German and all other stuff they speak in perfect american english. I would say the worst movie is Thin Red Line or the one about the war in Ardenned were the Chaffees kick the german Patton-Tiger ass 10-0... There are many others too... Ilja
The movie your talking about is "The Battle of the Bulge" and the Chafees didn't win, they were wiped out, but the battle used up all the gas for the german tanks. there are things wrong with the movie but not what you claimed.

Post #: 45
- 10/27/2000 5:53:00 AM   
Bonzo

In reverse order (&, sadly, in my video collection) 6) Edge of Darkness - Errol Flynn as Norwegian partisan in WWII. Is there anything else to say? 5)633 Squadron - Cliff Robertson as a Mosquito Bomber pilot. Laughable special effects, horrid script. 4) Up Periscope - James Garner as a frogman in the Pacific stealing a code book from a Japanese base. All the cliches from all the previous posts. 3) The Tanks are Coming - No name actors. generic tough sergent takes over tank crew after their beloved commander is killed. Leads them to victory by being hard as nails & ignoring the company commander. 2)The Battle of El Alamein - The "Spaggetti Western" of war movies. Think of the script writer for the "Trinity" westerns of the early '70's with fellow who chose the armour for "Battle of the Bulge", before he developed his fine knowlege of armoured vehicles. and the worst of the lot..... 1) Battle of the Last Panzer - words fail me. that's all I can say. I'm ashamed to say I have it on tape...even more ashamed to say I PAID for it. Kelly's Heroes is a solid documentary taken entirely from unedited gun-camera footage next to this piece of @%##$&. 'nuff said. Nothing could possibly be worse and exist on tape without erasing itself out of shame. bonzo ------------------ Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Coordinator 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters http://dreadnaught.home.icq.com [email]nwbattalion@icqmail.com[/email]

Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Webmaster 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters Main http://www.nwbattalion.com E-mail

Post #: 46
- 10/27/2000 5:55:00 AM   
Bonzo

In reverse order (&, sadly, in my video collection) 6) Edge of Darkness - Errol Flynn as Norwegian partisan in WWII. Is there anything else to say? 5)633 Squadron - Cliff Robertson as a Mosquito Bomber pilot. Laughable special effects, horrid script. 4) Up Periscope - James Garner as a frogman in the Pacific stealing a code book from a Japanese base. All the cliches from all the previous posts. 3) The Tanks are Coming - No name actors. generic tough sergent takes over tank crew after their beloved commander is killed. Leads them to victory by being hard as nails & ignoring the company commander. 2)The Battle of El Alamein - The "Spaggetti Western" of war movies. Think of the script writer for the "Trinity" westerns of the early '70's with fellow who chose the armour for "Battle of the Bulge", before he developed his fine knowlege of armoured vehicles. and the worst of the lot..... 1) Battle of the Last Panzer - words fail me. that's all I can say. I'm ashamed to say I have it on tape...even more ashamed to say I PAID for it. Kelly's Heroes is a solid documentary taken entirely from unedited gun-camera footage next to this piece of @%##$&. 'nuff said. Nothing could possibly be worse and exist on tape without erasing itself out of shame. bonzo ------------------ Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Coordinator 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters http://dreadnaught.home.icq.com [email]nwbattalion@icqmail.com[/email]

Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Webmaster 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters Main http://www.nwbattalion.com E-mail

Post #: 47
- 10/27/2000 11:49:00 AM   
Randy

My pick is Fireball Forward with Ben Gazarra. I think it was a TV movie, and then they tried to make a series out of it. I came out after Patton. It had film clips from Patton, and Battle of the Bulge. It was just plain stupid. The show was so pathetic, I'm ashamed to even list it!!!! Semper Fi Randy

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

Post #: 48
- 10/27/2000 12:47:00 PM   
Hortlund

Ok, now I got curious. Please tell us something more about that movie..the last panzer.

The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to a close.
In its place we are entering a period of consequences..

Post #: 49
- 10/27/2000 3:15:00 PM   
Fabs

quote:

Originally posted by troopie: For non-WW2 movies, "The Green Berets". I first saw that in the late 80's with a couple of Vietnam Vets. You should have heard the swearing, derisive hoots, and sniggers. When Big John makes a sloppy speech and a doubter actually volunteers for combat, they were nearly shocked into apoplexy. troopie
Possibly worse than "Green Berets" is "Go tell the Spartans", a Viet Nam flick featuring Burt Lancaster. ------------------ Fabs [This message has been edited by Fabs (edited October 27, 2000).]

Fabs

Post #: 50
- 10/27/2000 3:28:00 PM   
Fabs

Kluckenbill said: "Its been a couple of years since I've seen Stalingrad, but even that movie suffered (IMHO) from having a lot of combatants bunched together. Look how close everyone is and how close together the foxholes are in the scene where they are stopping the Russian tank attack." Absolutely right. I have always felt that this is one of the least brilliant scenes of an otherwise remarkble movie. What is at work here is the limitation of the camera lens. You have to bunch people together to make an interesting action scene. Back to the point of how boring war movies would be to watch if scenes of combat in the open field were constructed realistically. One would be reduced to shooting mostly from a helicopter, and even then it would be damned hard for the audience to understand what was happening. It would be like watching a bunch of ants hidden around on the ground. However, the "Factory storming" scene, the sewer scenes and the "broken truce" scene were IMO well represented. You can use the camera to give the idea of the drama and horror of close range combat, where it is possible to show an overview including both sides and paste in individual shots of what happens to each side's men and their reactions. In this sense, plaudits go to SPR for the carnage on the beach, although for the sake of the story line those Rangers get from the wash to the bunkers far too quickly. (In reality, I doubt that the guys that got to the top of the cliffs were among the first to land). The duel with the MG nest is also well filmed, it is just in an odd context (solitary squad runs into solitary, unsupported MG nest protecting some sort of comms installation in the middle of nowhere?). The duel between snipers is probably a more realistic scene, although again I suspect that such affairs took longer to play out in real life. I also wonder whether a good sniper would have chosen such an obvious position, and stuck around in it after making one kill. Snipers tended to prefer to stay alive, and did so by choosing their positions carefully, making sure they had plenty of escape possibilities and changing to carefully prepared alternative positions as soon as they felt that the current one had possibly been revealed, normally after taking one shot. The fight for Ramelle (wonderfully portrayed for us in Wild Bill's two excellent scenarios) is, I'm afraid, pure Hollywood. Great set and great re-creation of fighting vehicles, but not much to do with real combat. The scenes prior to the fight reminded me of "The A-Team", when they sit in a garage making up the weird contraptions that they are going to use in the coming fight. Good old American ingeniousness at work! The attacking Germans once again are shown as moronic suicidal maniacs, running around in the open and falling victims to the cross fires set up by our crafty American heroes. German grenades are thrown at the Americans with plenty of time for them to pick them up and throw them out again (how brave!!!). The Germans are represented as SS, when American troops in the early days came up mostly against Wehrmacht or Fallschirmjaeger, until Das Reich and Goetz von Berlichingen showed up. (SS wear more photogenic uniforms and make for more dramatic enemies). Tigers are involved in the fight, while during the early part of the Normandy battles most Heavy Panzer units were employed against the British and the Canadians. American fought mostly against infantry in the days immediately following the landings. They were counterattacked by armor in places, but probably did not see any Tigers until July. The fight is played out underscoring the "goodies" heroism agains impossible odds until all hope seems lost, at which point the "cavalry" arrives to save the day. How original! The characterisation of the SS man that is taken prisoner and released, only to return to fight in the Ramelle assault, is usual Hollywood rubbish. British and Canadian accounts (the Brits and Canucks fought the bulk of the SS divisions on the Caen front) of SS prisoner behavior don't bear out the movie character. It is a shame that in a movie where the American men were so well characterized no effort was made to do the same for their German enemies. Nazism, old European rivalries and German nationalistic militarism are very difficult themes to tackle, and even more difficult would be to superimpose the humanity of the men caught up in these historical circumstances and the various ways in which the combination pans out for different individuals, or groups of men. If Spielberg had had the courage to explore these themes fairly and fully, he would have made a longer movie, shorter on action but as great a masterpiece as Schindler's list. As it is, he missed that opportunity by a mile. ------------------ Fabs [This message has been edited by Fabs (edited October 27, 2000).] [This message has been edited by Fabs (edited October 27, 2000).]

Fabs

Post #: 51
- 10/28/2000 3:36:00 AM   
mogami

Has no one who vists matrix boards never seen movie "Zero"? Was it my misfortune to be the only one subjected to the horror? Someone make the nightmares stop and tell me I did not imagine the whole thing, please someone tell me they suffered through this disaster too. ------------------ I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a differant direction!

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

Post #: 52
- 10/28/2000 8:00:00 AM   
Bonzo

OK Panzerjaeger Hortlund, from the tape case. "The Battle of the Last Panzer. In the spirit of Saving Private Ryan & The Thin Red Line, the Troma Team proudly presents the epic war drama Battle of the Last Panzer. In one of world war II's most explosive battles, American forces dominate a squadron of German Panzer Tanks on the battlefields of France. Assuming the area has been secured and all the German forces have either surrendered or been killed, the Americans return to their base to celebrate the end of the war. Unbeknownst to them, one tank and 5 soldiers were salvaged. With a broken Panzer tank, depleted gas supply, and little food, these 5 fatigued Germans attempt to make it back home rather than surrender to the Americans. Lead by the shell shocked Sergent Ernst (Stan Cooper) the German troop takes refuge in a small French town that had been ravaged by the occupation from both sides of the battlefield. The local physician, mayor, and his gorgeous wife (Erna Schurer) are taken hostage to protect the Germans from the local militia as well as show them the way back home. Struggling to lead his men to safety as well as keep his own sanity, Sergent Ernst is plagued by battle flashbacks and a yearnig desire for the mayor's wife. Battle of the Last Panzer is an intriguing look at war through the eyes of the "enemy" and how for 5 soldiers one war begins when another ends." I bought this sight unseen from Amazon.com. For an idea about the quality of this film, check out the makers site www.troma.com truly horrid Bonzo ------------------ Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Coordinator 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters http://dreadnaught.home.icq.com [email]nwbattalion@icqmail.com[/email]

Post #: 53
- 10/28/2000 9:16:00 AM   
troopie

quote:

Originally posted by Mogami: Has no one who vists matrix boards never seen movie "Zero"? Was it my misfortune to be the only one subjected to the horror? Someone make the nightmares stop and tell me I did not imagine the whole thing, please someone tell me they suffered through this disaster too.
You probably imagined it, Mogami. No flick could be as bad as you described Zero as being. People would burn the bioscope down. troopie ------------------ Pamwe Chete

Pamwe Chete

Post #: 54
- 10/28/2000 1:01:00 PM   
Don

I just saw "Battle of the Bulge" the other day for the first time, but before I could even think about all the things that were bad about it I saw "U-571". This movie makes "B in the B" look good! Horrible casting, wooden dialogue, a far-fetched story that is completely made up made me want to On the other hand, I just got "Stalingrad" and "Cross of Iron", neither of which I have seen. Can't wait to see them! Don

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

Post #: 55
- 10/28/2000 2:21:00 PM   
Peregrine Falcon

quote:

Originally posted by Bonzo: OK Panzerjaeger Hortlund, from the tape case. "The Battle of the Last Panzer. In the spirit of Saving Private Ryan & The Thin Red Line, the Troma Team proudly presents the epic war drama Battle of the Last Panzer.
Troma? Oh boy...Well that was Real Surprise. What you should expect from the guys that made "Toxic Avenger" & "Class of Nuke' Em High"? Troma - King of Trash-movies Never liked them myself... [This message has been edited by Peregrine Falcon (edited October 28, 2000).]

--Peregrine Falcon--

Post #: 56
- 10/28/2000 10:11:00 PM   
Lou

quote:

Originally posted by troopie: German units are officered at a rate of six officers for every 3 enlisted men. Slapping a coward's face will make him a hero. John Wayne can't be killed. (Except for in "The Fighting Seabees" Every Russian partisan is a crack shot. You don't need to be able to speak German to impersonate a German officer, a German accent will do. If you can't do a German accent, a cultured English accent will suffice. 45mm Anti-tank guns will knock out the heaviest German tanks, and shoot down aircraft too. See "Days of Glory" for this one. Every German tank is a Tiger. Just once I'd like to hear, "That's a PzKpfw IVc!" troopie
The Duke: Didn't he die in the Sands of Iwo Jima? Tanks: I believe it's impossible to be a military history afficinado (sp?) and not cringe during the tanks scenes of any war movie outside of Saving Private Ryan. Usually, the German tanks are Russian T-34s or American Pattons with crosses painted on them. Wasn't in the in the movie Patton where U.S. M-47s were fighting against German M-47s? Oh well...budgets are budgets. What about the best t.v. show about the military? My vote goes for Combat with Vic Morrow. "Lt. Why do we have to take that house?" "Because battalion wants it." Perhaps my memory is fogged by the mists of nostalgia, but I LOVED that show when I was a kid. Louis

Post #: 57
- 10/29/2000 9:19:00 AM   
Randy

I'll vote for Combat as the best military TV show. Sometimes you can still find it on some local TV channel in Orange County. I even still remember the different shows. What about Rat Patrol? The Germans in the M-3 half track and the M-7 Priest SPG. I guess those two jeeps won the war! Semper Fi Randy

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

Post #: 58
- 10/29/2000 1:53:00 PM   
degen

quote:

Originally posted by Lou: The Duke: Didn't he die in the Sands of Iwo Jima? That's correct, it was just when his troops were starting to like him. Tanks: I believe it's impossible to be a military history afficinado (sp?) and not cringe during the tanks scenes of any war movie outside of Saving Private Ryan. Usually, the German tanks are Russian T-34s or American Pattons with crosses painted on them. Wasn't in the in the movie Patton where U.S. M-47s were fighting against German M-47s? Oh well...budgets are budgets. It's too bad that there are not more of the WW2 era tanks around. Someone else on a post mentioned that only one Tiger exists now. Seems like someone would have thought to preserve more of the German tanks since they were of such good quality. What about the best t.v. show about the military? My vote goes for Combat with Vic Morrow. "Lt. Why do we have to take that house?" "Because battalion wants it." Perhaps my memory is fogged by the mists of nostalgia, but I LOVED that show when I was a kid. Combat was great! When I was a kid, the only station that had it was about 200 miles away. The reception was bad, so I was only able to see it at a friend's house or when we went to LA. Louis
------------------ "I would have much rather that he had given me one more division" - Rommel after receiving his field marshall baton

"I would have much rather that he had given me one more division" - Rommel after receiving his field marshall baton

Post #: 59
- 10/29/2000 2:20:00 PM   
Dave S

er,just because so many Americans (of all generations)choose voluntary illiteracy as a method of historical research doesnt mean Kellys Heroes wasnt a great romp. Worst war movie Battle of the Bulge Best war movie Dr Stranglove "We`ll meet again dont know where dont know when..." ------------------ the worst

the worst

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI