Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ship trouble

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Ship trouble Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ship trouble - 5/26/2009 11:09:21 PM   
Blackjak

I recently started a random map. Im on a small island, first thing i did was make cargo ships infantry and destroyers. Im able to make a new unit for my riffles but the cargo ships and the destroyers cant be xfered out of my hq. it keeps saying impossible. my hq is in the town which is the port. and it shows the 4x destroyers and 4x cargo ships in the hq unit..how the heck do i get the out to sea. also, is it correct that u dont use cargo ships to transport unites over seas? if so, how do i get my riflemen to the other island. i know i can make airborn but that wont solve all my problems.
Post #: 1
RE: Ship trouble - 5/27/2009 7:52:09 AM   
seille

You have to build a new unit in the port (same hex as the HQ including the ships is), then transfer the ships to the new unit.
Next turn you can move the ships.
If you have no HQ in the produccing location the ships will simply arrive in a existing ground unit and you have to move out.
Not sure what happens when in the producing location is no HQ or unit. Never tried this. In most games it´s no good idea to have
unguarded coastal cities.

(in reply to Blackjak)
Post #: 2
RE: Ship trouble - 5/27/2009 3:21:57 PM   
Zaratoughda

If a ship comes in a port where there is no unit.... the game will create a unit in that hex and put the ship in it.... assuming you have a PP to be spent... which will be subtracted. If no PP the ship will not come in untill you have a unit in that hex or a PP to be spent.

If a ship comes in in a hex with a unit..... if you transfer the other formation out you can then move the ship IN THE TURN IT COMES IN.

Or...... if you have a hex with no unit where a ship is gonna come in the next turn and you build an empty unit in that hex.... the ship will be put in that empty unit and you can MOVE IT IN THE TURN IT COMES IN.

I do this all the time... better to be able to move the ship that comes in on the turn it comes in than to have it sit there for a turn.

Some times, there is a unit with a figther in it that is doing recon... and the ship gets put in the same unit. I then do the recon with the fighter and then transfer it to another unit and then move the ship out in the same turn.

Zaratoughda

< Message edited by Zaratoughda -- 5/27/2009 3:22:12 PM >

(in reply to seille)
Post #: 3
RE: Ship trouble - 5/29/2009 12:00:34 AM   
Blackjak

thanks for the information. I thought i had some harbor problem or somehting lol. I started a new game while waiting on your information and i accadiently figured out what i was doing wrong after i created a couple of infantry units. thanks for you help. im liking the game quite a bit. was hoping to find a wargame while waiting on HoI 3 and this looks like a good one.

(in reply to Zaratoughda)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Ship trouble Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI