Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Couple of Problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Tech Support >> Couple of Problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Couple of Problems - 5/28/2009 7:29:19 PM   
ithuriel2

Unable to set 'Reaction Radius" via # on the keyboard. Maybe it is because of the keyboard Im using (Genius - www.geniusnet.com). Any suggestions please ?

Second problem rather odd. Developer Advisor screen shows that the number of cities under my control is 31. The number of cities should be 29 as Bremen is a protectorate, and so is Veneto - Zara and Corfu (Venice lost to Austria), which I made a protectorate after conquering. However, I can still build and develop with Corfu, but not with Zara which
displays as a normal protectorate.
Post #: 1
RE: Couple of Problems - 5/29/2009 6:47:50 AM   
Bonaparte78

quote:

ORIGINAL:  ithuriel2

Unable to set 'Reaction Radius" via  # on the keyboard. Maybe it is because of the keyboard Im using (Genius - www.geniusnet.com). Any suggestions  please ?

I'm experiencing the same problem with my hp notebook, ithuriel2!
...a non-related question: how can you make protectorates after conquering a province?

(in reply to ithuriel2)
Post #: 2
RE: Creating Protectorate - 5/29/2009 7:27:19 PM   
ithuriel2

Open up Diplomacy Advisor; u need the "View Relations" screen; Click on " Country Details" which opens up a screeen where you can view and inspect the major nations and on the left you will see a list of countries in alphabetical order. Scroll down to the relevant country and click on it. You will then see the options available, e.g. "P" - for protectorate, "L" - for liberate, etc.

The forthcoming patch will sort out the teething problems with the game I hope.
I wish the development of countries was a little less complex, something more like Forge of Freedom, but the detailed combat is superb, very addictive.

Louis

Louis

"One might as well try to charge through a wall."
- Napoleon, on St Helena, regarding the British Infantry

(in reply to ithuriel2)
Post #: 3
RE: Couple of Problems - 6/1/2009 5:57:29 AM   
Gil R.

Are you just hitting the # key, or an actual number? The manual might not be 100% clear on this, but you need to be hitting a number.

(in reply to ithuriel2)
Post #: 4
RE: Couple of Problems - 6/1/2009 11:41:26 AM   
ithuriel2

I was hitting the # key ( as per the manual... " '# - Reaction Radius " page 132). Will any number do, and on the number pad or the top row of keyboard numbers ?
Thanks.

(in reply to ithuriel2)
Post #: 5
RE: Couple of Problems - 6/1/2009 12:21:26 PM   
ithuriel2

Have tried the top row on keyboard and am now getting game response. Just need to find out via experimentation what numbers to set for each unit. Thanks again Gil R.

(in reply to ithuriel2)
Post #: 6
RE: Couple of Problems - 6/1/2009 5:22:19 PM   
Gil R.

Sure. In retrospect, we realize that '#' is misleading to some. Perhaps some algebraic use of 'n' to indicate different numbers would have been better.

(in reply to ithuriel2)
Post #: 7
RE: Couple of Problems - 6/1/2009 6:33:33 PM   
ithuriel2

I can see how the confusion arose. In the U.K. we usually shorten the word 'number' to 'no.', but in the U.S. it is symbolised by '#'. The latter is better in my opinion, but on the keyboard there are numbers plus #.

Ultimately it was only a minor annoyance, and thanks to your guidance I've sorted it out for myself but there are bound to be others who have the same problem. Might be useful to mention it in any upgrades.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 8
RE: Couple of Problems - 6/1/2009 6:46:50 PM   
ericbabe

The number sets the size of the reaction radius, so a '1' for radius 1, a '2' for radius 2, and so forth.

(in reply to ithuriel2)
Post #: 9
RE: Couple of Problems - 6/1/2009 7:48:46 PM   
steveh11Matrix

I guess I've been 'colonized' by you colonists, I've seen "#" as meaning "a number" so many times I do the translation automagically. I wish I'd had a pound (Sterling) for every time I'd had to do an English --> American or American --> English conversion for people...

It's neither simple nor trivial, particularly in legal documents - or games manuals.

Steve.

"Nature always obeys Her own laws" - Leonardo da Vinci

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Tech Support >> Couple of Problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI