Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any AAR's goin on

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Any AAR's goin on Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any AAR's goin on - 5/29/2009 3:03:55 PM   
Gneisenau

Was wondering if any AAR's are going on by any of the BETA testers. If they are, was hoping to see some screenies.
The game is looking very sweet.

Tks
Post #: 1
RE: Any AAR's goin on - 6/5/2009 7:54:13 AM   
Greywolf

I second that idea, AARs from beta are really important to sustain game interest and always a good read. Especially as they provide some new screenshot from time to time :)

Every free advertising is good advertising, no ? :p

Lt. Col. Ivan 'Greywolf' Kerensky

(in reply to Gneisenau)
Post #: 2
RE: Any AAR's goin on - 6/6/2009 6:36:54 PM   
felixghost

I, as well, would love to see an AAR done to get a feel for how the changes play out.

(in reply to Greywolf)
Post #: 3
RE: Any AAR's goin on - 6/6/2009 7:56:03 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: felixgrey

I, as well, would love to see an AAR done to get a feel for how the changes play out.

Maybe late in this month or next. AAR's are not on my priority list of things to work on, or to have the beta testers work on. I do not expect to turn my attention to anything even remotely serious for marketing until August.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to felixghost)
Post #: 4
RE: Any AAR's goin on - 6/6/2009 9:09:02 PM   
wworld7

I would rather the testers test, AARs take time away from that, which is not good for the end product.

Keep plugging away.

Flipper

(in reply to Gneisenau)
Post #: 5
RE: Any AAR's goin on - 6/11/2009 4:06:56 AM   
Gurggulk

When the Game is stable enough to use PBEM, i'd like to see an AAR between 2 beta players, using the Barbarrosa and Guadalcanal Scenarios. They would be perfect start points to engage the Mulitplayer fans.

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 6
RE: Any AAR's goin on - 6/11/2009 8:08:38 AM   
Greywolf

By experience, writing an AAR is actually a good incent to test the game :)

Of course it need to be on a stable enough state for that.

Trouble is that basically a MWiF AAR wont be that much different than a WiF AAR... except in the Pacific.

Perhaps a short AAR about the war in China and Pacific as a show of the changes ?

Lt. Col. Ivan 'Greywolf' Kerensky

(in reply to Gurggulk)
Post #: 7
RE: Any AAR's goin on - 6/11/2009 4:24:57 PM   
Gurggulk

quote:

Trouble is that basically a MWiF AAR wont be that much different than a WiF AAR... except in the Pacific.

While those who have played the boardgame might agree, there are those who have never played. Never seen the game layed out on multipule tables. Sorted the counters or bought the expansions. Much less figure out what options to play or what Major power to try "this time around".

MWiF AAR's will be instructive and fun to read by anyone planning to buy, thinking of buying or just wanting to read alternate history based on the game. An AAR from the USA will be quite different from say the USSR. Choices, of which there are a myriad, impact of weather, lenght of turn all have a voice in an AAR.

Just because the changes to the China and Pacific regions will impact those powers in the region greatly is by no means the only reason to exclude the rest of the world, in an AAR.

I'm interested in seeing AAR's from the beta testers as soon as it is possible.

(in reply to Greywolf)
Post #: 8
RE: Any AAR's goin on - 6/11/2009 7:14:34 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

I appreciate your interest but this falls into the catgory of marketing. And mercifully, I just dump all the marketing decisions over to Dave and Erik. Setting priorities right is very important during development.

Full AARs are part of Matrix' marketing plan but those aren't scheduled until the fall.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Gurggulk)
Post #: 9
RE: Any AAR's goin on - 6/11/2009 10:40:37 PM   
paulderynck

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gurggulk

While those who have played the boardgame might agree, there are those who have never played. Never seen the game layed out on multipule tables. Sorted the counters or bought the expansions. Much less figure out what options to play or what Major power to try "this time around".

MWiF AAR's will be instructive and fun to read by anyone planning to buy, thinking of buying or just wanting to read alternate history based on the game. An AAR from the USA will be quite different from say the USSR. Choices, of which there are a myriad, impact of weather, lenght of turn all have a voice in an AAR.

Just because the changes to the China and Pacific regions will impact those powers in the region greatly is by no means the only reason to exclude the rest of the world, in an AAR.

I'm interested in seeing AAR's from the beta testers as soon as it is possible.

There are Game Reports out there on several WiF sites and on the Yahoo discussion group.

Paul

(in reply to Gurggulk)
Post #: 10
RE: Any AAR's goin on - 6/12/2009 5:00:32 AM   
Gurggulk

quote:

Full AARs are part of Matrix' marketing plan but those aren't scheduled until the fall.

I did not realize AAR's were marketing. Thanks for that piece of information. I'll just wait patiently til the Fall.

paulderynck,
Thanks for the heads up on where to find some WiF AAR's.

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Any AAR's goin on Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI