Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Artillery Strikes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Officers - The Matrix Edition >> Artillery Strikes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Artillery Strikes - 6/3/2009 2:35:51 AM   
CHOPAKOKOV

I got this game via download so have no manual beyond the tutorial.
I understand the off-map arty strikes which work just like in the Close combat series.

But how do I get my massed 105mm M2A1's to fire beyond their pitiful open sight range... I have an observer in place, when I click "Attack ground" I get a satisfying audio message......but nothing happens!! I have captured Nebelwerfers which errupt into jets of fire whenever an enemy shows his nose in an scout's observation range, and decimate the trespassers..... But my lovely 105's remain silent.

Any pointers?
Post #: 1
RE: Artillery Strikes - 6/3/2009 12:38:20 PM   
Guddi

the 105M2A1 guns work only like an anti tank gun they can´t fire like artillery. You need a priest to fire with artillery or you use captured Nebelwerfer, thats all. One of doozens of weak points in the game.

(in reply to CHOPAKOKOV)
Post #: 2
RE: Artillery Strikes - 6/3/2009 3:37:32 PM   
CHOPAKOKOV

Oh, that's a shame! So far this, the weakness of US infantry, a pretty weak AI, the Churchills and Cromwells called Shermans, and the weird supply mix have been the only sad things that I've found. I hope the game is as easy to mod as Close Combat was, and these weak points can either be modded out or addressed by a patch. It looks like the game has been in development for 4 years, but the US version is just a straight lift of the Russian with eye-candy being the major changes. I'd have loved to be able to access the Russian and German character trees, Oh to be able to spank the French as a Stabsfeldwebel..
What other weaknesses have you found?

Many thanks for your swift response, now I can continue my campaign without the nagging doubt that I'm as bad an artillery officer as I am infantry!

(in reply to Guddi)
Post #: 3
RE: Artillery Strikes - 6/13/2009 4:58:25 PM   
Guddi

Pal the hole game is a weakness, its only a alpha version but released as a full version.

I mean how can u releas a game with a single campaign incl. 4 missions???? How can you release a game with Multiplayer who has only direct ip??? Jesus, thats pretty damn old stuff.
How can you release a game that crashed in multiplayer on several maps after a few min, there QA has been sleeping or what. How can you release a game where players couldn´t find any other players if the like to play multiplayer.

Guess you buy the game in the shop you are coming home you install the game and want to play right now multiplayer....you klick on multiplayer and then......he asks you for an ip.........cheeeeeeeeeeeeew

Thats an impressive picture, a guy sitting in front of his monitor and asking himself ...what the heck is this.

The game has potential without a doubt but it has to be more developed. For me only games with strong multiplayer have a long life others die shortly this one is even dead before its out.

(in reply to CHOPAKOKOV)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Officers - The Matrix Edition >> Artillery Strikes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI