Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

windowed mode

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Tech Support >> windowed mode Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
windowed mode - 6/6/2009 12:01:48 PM   
jacksy

Guys i got the black screen on start up so was informed to presss ctrl and tick windowed. Well i did that and it worked only thing is i didnt buy this game to play it in windowed mode. anyone got any other ideas on what to do to get fullscreen?

cheers
Post #: 1
RE: windowed mode - 6/6/2009 12:15:21 PM   
squadleader_id

Try disabling the videos from the Options menu...disable Windowed Mode...restart the game.

(in reply to jacksy)
Post #: 2
RE: windowed mode - 6/6/2009 1:23:38 PM   
jacksy

already tried that mate. I cant play this game in windowed mode its terrible

(in reply to squadleader_id)
Post #: 3
RE: windowed mode - 6/6/2009 1:39:05 PM   
squadleader_id

You misunderstood 
I said disable Windowed Mode...after disabling the Videos in the options.

(in reply to jacksy)
Post #: 4
RE: windowed mode - 6/6/2009 1:41:34 PM   
jacksy

i understood you mate..i have already tried that.i was stating that no way can i play this game in windowed mode

Post #: 5
RE: windowed mode - 6/6/2009 8:28:22 PM   
Senior Drill

quote:

ORIGINAL: jacksy

i understood you mate..i have already tried that.i was stating that no way can i play this game in windowed mode

What is terrible about windowed mode? I can play this way. All I lose is 28 pixels of real estate for the task bar, which is fine by me.

Attachment (1)

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

(in reply to jacksy)
Post #: 6
RE: windowed mode - 6/6/2009 11:17:46 PM   
GaryChildress

I play windowed mode and it works fine form me too. If you set the screen resolution in the options menu to match your screen it will fill up the whole window save for the task bar. Actually I wish more games were playable in window mode. I sort of like being able to quickly switch back and fourth to different programs, especially like MS Paint if I take a screen shot for an AAR or something.

(in reply to Senior Drill)
Post #: 7
RE: windowed mode - 6/6/2009 11:19:54 PM   
Andrew Williams

I would check you have the latest video drivers, latest directx, latest media player.

Post #: 8
RE: windowed mode - 6/7/2009 1:22:59 AM   
jacksy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Williams

I would check you have the latest video drivers, latest directx, latest media player.

guys playing windowed full screen...actually it is better thanks for the advice

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 9
RE: windowed mode - 6/7/2009 2:08:57 AM   
squadleader_id

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

I play windowed mode and it works fine form me too. If you set the screen resolution in the options menu to match your screen it will fill up the whole window save for the task bar. Actually I wish more games were playable in window mode. I sort of like being able to quickly switch back and fourth to different programs, especially like MS Paint if I take a screen shot for an AAR or something.

Gary, try UOSU (Ultima Online Screenshot Utility) to take screenshots while playing.
Here's the d/l link at CCS:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=3325

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 10
RE: windowed mode - 6/7/2009 4:30:08 AM   
Senior Drill

Good advice SL, you beat me to it!

Gary, this app has been a standard for CC players for a decade. You have to start it up and leave it running prior to going in to CC (of course now with a windowed mode, that is not as critical to remember). The default JPG quality is 75% which is good for most AAR functions, but if you think you may want to crop and zoom to specific areas, set it to 100%. This has to be done each time. You'll want to create a "Screenshots" folder somewhere and in the CC TLD folder is a good place. One can create all kinds of extra sub folders in the game file with no ill effects.

Next, he said, tugging the unsuspecting victim closer to the dark side of CC modding, you will need to get a proper graphics editor to take over from the limited capabilty MS Paint.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

Post #: 11
RE: windowed mode - 6/8/2009 2:37:10 AM   
GaryChildress

quote:

ORIGINAL: Senior Drill

Good advice SL, you beat me to it!

Gary, this app has been a standard for CC players for a decade. You have to start it up and leave it running prior to going in to CC (of course now with a windowed mode, that is not as critical to remember). The default JPG quality is 75% which is good for most AAR functions, but if you think you may want to crop and zoom to specific areas, set it to 100%. This has to be done each time. You'll want to create a "Screenshots" folder somewhere and in the CC TLD folder is a good place. One can create all kinds of extra sub folders in the game file with no ill effects.

Next, he said, tugging the unsuspecting victim closer to the dark side of CC modding, you will need to get a proper graphics editor to take over from the limited capabilty MS Paint.

Hey thanks guys!! I just tried this program out and it works beautifully! Now I can just take screenshots at random without having to switch in and out of game. This is awesome!

Post #: 12
RE: windowed mode - 6/8/2009 3:46:38 AM   
Troger

Congrats on getting windowed mode added. I remember "pitching it" back on the CSO forums quite a while ago, it appears you all listened!  I'm looking forward to trying TLD...

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 13
RE: windowed mode - 6/8/2009 7:30:05 PM   
RD Oddball

Thanks for the acknowledgement Troger.  See, we don't always ignore.  Sometimes we just need the proper time/chance to put plans into motion.  Enjoy! 

Glad you guys were able to resolve your issues with Andrews, Drills and Squadleaders help.

(in reply to Troger)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Tech Support >> windowed mode Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI