Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The Fine Tuned mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Mods >> RE: The Fine Tuned mod Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Fine Tuned mod - 5/23/2009 7:31:36 PM   
Foraven

I'm still working on the next version, but i'm running on a few problems with changing the enemies loadouts. I want to give the AI some variety but there seem to be a limit on how many variant i can give them, and can't find where it is defined to change it. With the huge amount of weapons and ammos in the mod, i find it sad that i can't use even a fraction of them with the AI. And speaking of the AI, i hope my next fixe work properly, the last one was seriously buggy (strange no one reported the AI was hanging during it's turn). Anyway, i hope to get it wrapped up in the next few days, the current version has too many issues for my taste.

(in reply to Foraven)
Post #: 61
RE: The Fine Tuned mod - 5/24/2009 11:36:19 AM   
Foraven

Breakthrough : i figured out how to increase the variety in loadouts, i can now make enemies as diverse as i can bother to. For now i will triple the variety, so expect more weapons to be used, as well as a variety of gears and devices in the next version. 

(in reply to Foraven)
Post #: 62
RE: The Fine Tuned mod - 5/25/2009 8:30:23 AM   
mantsa

Hi
First of all, great improvements to the game, thought the AI bug freezed my game :) hope to get the fix soon!

Second, Could you please add some high class assault rifles to the mod?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RK_95_TP
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RK_62

Both are variants of AK-47 with slight improvements. They are Finnish army's service rifles, also used by the Finnish Peacekeepers.
The Rk-95 is the newer, modern one, with rifle grenades, scopes and all.

So you could easily add them to the mod by copying your AKM and improving some of the stats. Effective range is the same or slightly better then the AKM and they both use 7.62x39 caliber ammo, with the same magazines as the AK.

The Rk-95 and Rk-62 look a lot like Galil, after all the Galil was made by Valmet from the blueprints of Rk-62, so you could use Galil grapichs.

This would be highly appreciated among the finnish players, like me. Thank you.

< Message edited by mantsa -- 5/25/2009 8:57:55 AM >

(in reply to Foraven)
Post #: 63
RE: The Fine Tuned mod - 5/25/2009 11:57:31 AM   
Foraven

quote:

ORIGINAL: mantsa

Hi
First of all, great improvements to the game, thought the AI bug freezed my game :) hope to get the fix soon!

Just look a few post earlier, i released a fix for the AI. Well, i guess i should have re-uploaded the mod too with the fix. The new version is almost done, but it may still take a while to finish.

quote:

Second, Could you please add some high class assault rifles to the mod?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RK_95_TP
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RK_62

Both are variants of AK-47 with slight improvements. They are Finnish army's service rifles, also used by the Finnish Peacekeepers.
The Rk-95 is the newer, modern one, with rifle grenades, scopes and all.

No problem, i will take a few minutes to add them to the next version.

(in reply to mantsa)
Post #: 64
RE: The Fine Tuned mod - 5/25/2009 12:34:51 PM   
mantsa

Great!

Thank you so much, can't wait to get my hands on the new version!

Keep up the good work!

Ps. Don't forget to add silencer to Rk-95 upgrades too.

< Message edited by mantsa -- 5/25/2009 12:43:54 PM >

(in reply to Foraven)
Post #: 65
RE: The Fine Tuned mod - 5/25/2009 6:57:56 PM   
Aprox

I just registered to say Thank you! This great mod has mad this otherwise broken game playable for me. 

In addition, a quick bug report. Earlier in the thread you were speaking about limiting certain size magazines to some guns. Well I'm seeing an issue where I can not reload heavy machine guns with any mag size other than the 20 round clips. In addition to that, once I load it I can not unload the ammo via any means (except firing). Obviously this behavior is not correct, and it makes getting ammo next to impossible for a large number of firearms.

Thanks!

(in reply to mantsa)
Post #: 66
RE: The Fine Tuned mod - 5/26/2009 12:49:18 AM   
Foraven

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aprox

I just registered to say Thank you! This great mod has mad this otherwise broken game playable for me. 

In addition, a quick bug report. Earlier in the thread you were speaking about limiting certain size magazines to some guns. Well I'm seeing an issue where I can not reload heavy machine guns with any mag size other than the 20 round clips. In addition to that, once I load it I can not unload the ammo via any means (except firing). Obviously this behavior is not correct, and it makes getting ammo next to impossible for a large number of firearms.

Thanks!

Alright, i will remove the restriction for the next version.

(in reply to Aprox)
Post #: 67
RE: The Fine Tuned mod - 5/26/2009 11:45:53 PM   
Aprox

Okay cool! Any hints as to when this new version will be available? 

(in reply to Foraven)
Post #: 68
RE: The Fine Tuned mod - 5/27/2009 4:06:38 AM   
Foraven

quote:

Okay cool! Any hints as to when this new version will be available? 

I'm currently working on it with all the time i have to spare. I expect to be done by the end of the week. The next version will have tons of fixes (AI, weapon/ammo stats, GL/RPG explosions, weapon sounds, weapon descriptions, the enemy inventory etc.). It does take me a lot of time and i do my best to not include new bugs in this version. Anyway, i want this out too so i can play the game a bit :). But there will be so many changes that restarting a new game may be a must so the game isn't messed up...

(in reply to Aprox)
Post #: 69
RE: The Fine Tuned mod - 5/27/2009 3:17:27 PM   
Aprox

Well I certainly appreciate all the time you are putting into this, I think you are the only person actively modding for this game. 

(in reply to Foraven)
Post #: 70
RE: The Fine Tuned mod - 5/27/2009 6:18:15 PM   
Foraven

quote:

Well I certainly appreciate all the time you are putting into this, I think you are the only person actively modding for this game. 

I guess. It's sad, this game has lot of modding potential, plenty we can improve or change...

(in reply to Aprox)
Post #: 71
RE: The Fine Tuned mod - 5/27/2009 11:40:20 PM   
flyingduthman28

does anyone know if anyone is doing any modding with the enemy AI in terms of seeking cover?  I think everyone has been doing a great job making the game playable.  However it would be cool if the enemy took cover in buildings and stuff so I would have to dynamite them out or rocket the place. 

(in reply to Foraven)
Post #: 72
RE: The Fine Tuned mod - 5/28/2009 2:54:32 AM   
Foraven

quote:

ORIGINAL: flyingduthman28

does anyone know if anyone is doing any modding with the enemy AI in terms of seeking cover?  I think everyone has been doing a great job making the game playable.  However it would be cool if the enemy took cover in buildings and stuff so I would have to dynamite them out or rocket the place. 

I'm the only one who attempted to improve the AI. Unfortunately, it's very time consuming because i lack a mean to error check and make sure my new code do what i want it to (it's mostly trial and error). For sure i will attempt to add a few new features to it, but i don't know if there is a mean to make it seek cover like the old JA2 AI could. But there are still part of the code i don't fully understand so their might be a chance some functions allow it...

(in reply to flyingduthman28)
Post #: 73
RE: The Fine Tuned mod - 5/28/2009 9:05:32 PM   
Aprox

Does the scripting language they use follow any sort of known standard? If so you could use a compliant editor of some kind to error check for syntax problems and such. If you need any help with graphics / 3d work I might be able to help you out, I have several years of graphic design and 3d modeling experience. 

(in reply to Foraven)
Post #: 74
RE: The Fine Tuned mod - 5/28/2009 10:15:22 PM   
Foraven

quote:

Does the scripting language they use follow any sort of known standard? If so you could use a compliant editor of some kind to error check for syntax problems and such. If you need any help with graphics / 3d work I might be able to help you out, I have several years of graphic design and 3d modeling experience. 

The script is in lua. There are logs in the code that can be displayed to keep track of what the code is doing, i just don't know how to enable it so i can know what works and what don't. As for 3d and graphics, i really need it. There are quite a few 3d models missing, and more skins would help, especially for characters in the game (like showing when they wear armor or having the right skin color). If you are interested in the graphic aspect of the mod, you are in :). Just pm me...

(in reply to Aprox)
Post #: 75
RE: The Fine Tuned mod - 5/29/2009 5:15:02 AM   
Foraven

Every day i find oddities in this game, and here one : the heavy weapons are given to the weakest candidates. In the stock game, probably because of design changes, shotguns and machineguns, the heavy stuff, are given to militia level characters (ie weak and low level). I figured this out while fiddling with the spawns and loadouts. I also found out the marauders gets incredibly strong by the end game, spawning elite type soldiers while the army don't, another siliness. Seem like i'm not done revamping the game and fixing it's wackyness...

(in reply to Foraven)
Post #: 76
RE: The Fine Tuned mod - 5/31/2009 11:47:02 AM   
Foraven

For those who may be wondering, i'm still working on the mod. I have done lots of fixes and i'm still working on the inventory. But my new inventory is HUGE, that's why it takes a while, but things get faster now that i figured a few shortcuts to get more done faster. Well, it's because my project is ambitious, way better than it was in the stock game and give some use for most of the inventory available in the mod (and give you some ways to aquire them while doing missions). At least i won't have to redo this again...

(in reply to Foraven)
Post #: 77
RE: The Fine Tuned mod - 6/2/2009 12:42:48 AM   
Foraven

I'm nearly done with 1.5. Most likely i will release tomorrow or the day after, bearing no problem show up. Be ready :). 

(in reply to Foraven)
Post #: 78
RE: The Fine Tuned mod - 6/4/2009 2:23:02 PM   
TodeswolF

I'm waiting for 1.5 ....

(in reply to Foraven)
Post #: 79
RE: The Fine Tuned mod - 6/5/2009 12:15:34 AM   
Foraven

I have to revise my statement, the mod is going to be ready monday. I still have several things to finish and i did not have much spare time for it this week. On the bright side, Aprox started to work on textures and we may have a few new "tangos" skins to show they wear armor. This version will also have several new weapons to try out and have fun with. 

(in reply to TodeswolF)
Post #: 80
RE: The Fine Tuned mod - 6/5/2009 12:30:40 AM   
Foraven

Deleted

< Message edited by Foraven -- 6/9/2009 7:00:56 PM >

(in reply to Foraven)
Post #: 81
RE: The Fine Tuned mod - 6/5/2009 12:50:59 PM   
Corbin Dallas

Hi!

I just found your mod and tried it, it seems really wonderfull, at last a mod for that game that rocks.
Now, i do have a problem, that is:

When i open the shop and surf through the weapons and equipments i can see the pictures of the new weapons but a lot of them are without description. I dl all 3 files here in the forum but obviously i made an error, Can you help me please?!

"I shoot him!"
"Around the corner?"
"Through the corner!!"

(in reply to Foraven)
Post #: 82
RE: The Fine Tuned mod - 6/5/2009 5:12:46 PM   
Foraven

quote:

ORIGINAL: Corbin Dallas

Hi!

I just found your mod and tried it, it seems really wonderfull, at last a mod for that game that rocks.
Now, i do have a problem, that is:

When i open the shop and surf through the weapons and equipments i can see the pictures of the new weapons but a lot of them are without description. I dl all 3 files here in the forum but obviously i made an error, Can you help me please?!

It's quite likely that you installed the second part incorrectly as it is the one that contain the description (items names and all the description for them). Check if they are in the correct directory (ie, fined_tuned_desc dir should not exist in your game dir). Hopefully, my next mod version will be easier to install as it will be in a single part. I might even try to make it self installing too (won't be restricted by this forum file filter). The new version is due for monday.

(in reply to Corbin Dallas)
Post #: 83
RE: The Fine Tuned mod - 6/8/2009 11:54:53 AM   
Foraven

1.5 is almost done, if everything goes well, i should get this one out later today. Unfortunately i won't have time to fully test it so there might be bugs left, but nothing i won't be able to fix over the course of the week.

(in reply to Foraven)
Post #: 84
RE: The Fine Tuned mod - 6/8/2009 2:49:57 PM   
Corbin Dallas

Hi!

I would liek to ask how dificult it is to implement some more weapons, like the M41a1 and the M90 Smart Gun from Aliens?

(in reply to Foraven)
Post #: 85
RE: The Fine Tuned mod - 6/8/2009 6:02:23 PM   
Foraven

quote:

ORIGINAL: Corbin Dallas

Hi!

I would liek to ask how dificult it is to implement some more weapons, like the M41a1 and the M90 Smart Gun from Aliens?

Depend. Just adding the weapon isn't difficult. Need a in game picture, sound for shooting and reloading, defining it's bullets statistic and clip (for reloading). The hardest part is the 3d model and it's texture (the part i can't do, but Aprox is looking for it). If we can get the sounds, and someone make a 3d model in skel along texture, adding the gun is a formality. I can also add it without a 3d model, but i would need to use another gun model and it won't look too good in game...

Post #: 86
RE: The Fine Tuned mod - 6/8/2009 7:47:00 PM   
Corbin Dallas

okay, i could provide the sound and infos about calibre, clip and so forth...
But i am a total nerd concerning 3D...

"I shoot him!"
"Around the corner?"
"Through the corner!!"

(in reply to Foraven)
Post #: 87
RE: The Fine Tuned mod - 6/8/2009 10:06:16 PM   
TodeswolF

still no 1.5???

Post #: 88
RE: The Fine Tuned mod - 6/9/2009 2:32:45 AM   
Foraven

I'm almost done, a few tweaks here and there and i wrap things up... This won't take another day.

(in reply to TodeswolF)
Post #: 89
RE: The Fine Tuned mod - 6/9/2009 5:01:08 AM   
Foraven

I'm wrapping things up right now and making the final checks... The mod should be out in less than an hour. 

(in reply to Foraven)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Mods >> RE: The Fine Tuned mod Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI