Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/11/2009 4:40:19 AM   
Fallschirmjager

I am not sure if this question has ever been asked on this forum. If so please let this thread die off in embarassment.
If it has not been asked, then this might be a fun thread.

So the question is just how it reads in the title. If you could serve with any unit in WitP, where would it be?

It can be a ship, sub, LCU, air unit or anything else.
It can be either Allied or Axis. Any nation.

And please keep your answers simple and to the point. And please avoid quoting others posts just to point out there fanboyism.
And if you want to serve on the Japanese side for the historical aspect, by all means go right ahead. This is just meant to be a fun game about a game. Not a ideology statement.
So in other words keep the bullshit out of this thread

EDIT: Also try and narrow it down to the exact unit or ship or air group etc. So we know exactly where you would like to be when we play the game.

< Message edited by Fallschirmjager -- 6/11/2009 4:51:23 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/11/2009 4:48:51 AM   
TOMLABEL

Very interesting question. All the commands available almost make it an impossible choice!! My first thought would be a CV or BB captain or fleet admiral with flag aboard said.

But after really thinking about it, put me in as a pilot and commander of a F4U unit!!! Preferably USMC unit so my wait wouldn't be too long!

TOMLABEL

Art by the Rogue-USMC

WITP Admiral's Edition: Ship & Sub Art/Base Unit Art/Map Icon Art

"If destruction be our lot - it will come from within"...Abraham Lincoln

(in reply to Fallschirmjager)
Post #: 2
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/11/2009 4:54:06 AM   
pasternakski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager

Okay. You start.

Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

Post #: 3
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/11/2009 4:57:55 AM   
DivePac88

An USAAF Command, would have liked Lemay's job; commander of the Mariana-based 21st Bomber Command in 1944.

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way

Post #: 4
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/11/2009 7:30:40 AM   
Jorm

In the 534th Independant Beer Testing and Evaluation Unit based in Tahati

Post #: 5
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/11/2009 8:40:39 AM   
Terminus

I wouldn't. War isn't fun.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

Post #: 6
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/11/2009 8:47:29 AM   
gladiatt

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

I wouldn't. War isn't fun.

I double this one: kill or get killed....no fun in this.
I rather keep this as a game, a few coloured pixel on a screen, or for old timers, a few sheets on a paper map. But nothing real.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 7
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/11/2009 9:16:52 AM   
m10bob

9072nd Messkit Repair Co, Handle platoon..

In fact, the unit I really served in is in WITP, the 503rd PIR(Airborne), U.S.Army.

To think myself into another unit might be assuming talents I don't have, and being a paratrooper put me where I wanted to be.

(in reply to gladiatt)
Post #: 8
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/11/2009 9:47:37 AM   
Japan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager

I am not sure if this question has ever been asked on this forum. If so please let this thread die off in embarassment.
If it has not been asked, then this might be a fun thread.

So the question is just how it reads in the title. If you could serve with any unit in WitP, where would it be?

It can be a ship, sub, LCU, air unit or anything else.
It can be either Allied or Axis. Any nation.

And please keep your answers simple and to the point. And please avoid quoting others posts just to point out there fanboyism.
And if you want to serve on the Japanese side for the historical aspect, by all means go right ahead. This is just meant to be a fun game about a game. Not a ideology statement.

EDIT: Also try and narrow it down to the exact unit or ship or air group etc. So we know exactly where you would like to be when we play the game.

I wouldn't.

I prefer to decide for myself who i swear allegiance to, I do not consider that I have any duty to a country only because I was born in it.

If My country was invaded then I would done one of 3 things

A) Fight to Defend it - But would only do it if I truly supported the policy's of my own country
B) Join the Invader, - But would only do it if I truly supported the Policy's of the Invading country
C) Move to another country, - But would only do it if I did not support any of them

Every man has a individual responsibility, and the responsibility is to think for himself.
There is no such thing as Duty, that is only propaganda, and as with all Propaganda only narrow minded or ignorant people believe in it.

< Message edited by Japan -- 6/11/2009 10:21:51 AM >

AAR VIDEO
THE FIRST YEAR + THE SECOND YEAR
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2133035&mpage=1&key=&

Post #: 9
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/11/2009 10:52:09 AM   
AW1Steve

USN patrol plane commander. PB4y,PBY, Naval liberator or Ventura. As in real live, I have (had) this thing for Naval Patrol Aviation. And I truly hate subs!

(in reply to Japan)
Post #: 10
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/11/2009 11:15:46 AM   
TulliusDetritus

I am a modest guy so I don't want to be in charge of anything in WitP. Though I'd like Jack Sparrow in charge of some important ship (CV)

< Message edited by TulliusDetritus -- 6/11/2009 11:16:46 AM >

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 11
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/11/2009 12:44:37 PM   
EUBanana

I got an allergy to bullets, so I'd settle for garrison duty on Fiji, thank you!

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 12
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/11/2009 1:09:32 PM   
RevRick

Easy. Tin Can Skipper...

And in response to Japan - there is a thing called duty - even baboons understand that. Read Heinlein..it's is good reading for the uninformed - which means not completely inwardly formed..

And I subscribe to the "my country, right or wrong" line. But, I subscribe to the complete thought...

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.”

< Message edited by RevRick -- 6/11/2009 1:13:21 PM >

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

(in reply to EUBanana)
Post #: 13
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/11/2009 1:12:41 PM   
Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Japan

I wouldn't.

I prefer to decide for myself who i swear allegiance to, I do not consider that I have any duty to a country only because I was born in it.

A) Fight to Defend it - But would only do it if I truly supported the policy's of my own country
B) Join the Invader, - But would only do it if I truly supported the Policy's of the Invading country
C) Move to another country, - But would only do it if I did not support any of them

Every man has a individual responsibility, and the responsibility is to think for himself.
There is no such thing as Duty, that is only propaganda, and as with all Propaganda only narrow minded or ignorant people believe in it.

image being in a fox hole with this guy............

(in reply to Japan)
Post #: 14
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/11/2009 1:13:18 PM   
rtrapasso

HYPO Unit (MAGIC codebreaker unit in Hawaii).

(in reply to RevRick)
Post #: 15
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/11/2009 1:17:42 PM   
timtom

CO of 69th Shore Battalion (WAWES) USN, Hawaii.

Where's the Any key?

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 16
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/11/2009 1:24:51 PM   
RevRick

quote:

ORIGINAL: timtom

What's a 'wawe?'

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

(in reply to timtom)
Post #: 17
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/11/2009 1:37:11 PM   
RUPD3658

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jorm

In the 534th Independant Beer Testing and Evaluation Unit based in Tahati

Same unit but bikini inspection detachment.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke

(in reply to Jorm)
Post #: 18
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/11/2009 1:44:10 PM   
timtom

quote:

ORIGINAL: RevRick

quote:

What's a 'wawe?'

The dyslexic branch of WAVES, Reverend.

Where's the Any key?

(in reply to RevRick)
Post #: 19
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/11/2009 1:51:39 PM   
Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: EUBanana

I got an allergy to bullets, so I'd settle for garrison duty on Fiji, thank you!

I'll join you!

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to EUBanana)
Post #: 20
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/11/2009 2:06:34 PM   
USSAmerica

I think, I'd prefer to be assigned to the CentPac HQ in Hawaii.  Not too many people trying to kill me there. 

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 21
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/11/2009 2:25:36 PM   
Yamato hugger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sarge

quote:

I wouldn't.

I was. And amazingly enough when he did get hit on a patrol one night, no one was willing to risk their ass to fetch him. Imagine that.

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 22
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/11/2009 2:38:18 PM   
DivePac88

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: RevRick

quote:

What's a 'wawe?'

The dyslexic branch of WAVES, Reverend.

Whats 'dyslexic'?

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way

(in reply to timtom)
Post #: 23
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/11/2009 2:50:10 PM   
moonraker65

Butch O'Hare's wingman in VMF 111 on Guadalcanal circa 1942.

(in reply to DivePac88)
Post #: 24
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/11/2009 2:59:38 PM   
Hard Sarge

quote:

quote:

I wouldn't.

you wouldn't have to Sarge, we killed them before we left the ship

if I was around back then (and though few people don't believe it, I wasn't) if my eyes were good, I would of been a Marine Fighter Pilot, if my eyes were like they really are, I would of been a Marine Grunt, complaining about how easy them Air Jockys had it

(i'd tell you a sorry about leaving the ship, but we suppost to keep the BS out of the post)

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 25
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/11/2009 3:16:48 PM   
ckammp

deleted

< Message edited by ckammp -- 11/1/2009 2:13:23 AM >

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 26
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/11/2009 3:22:19 PM   
Japan

quote:

I wouldn't.

]Every man has a individual responsibility, and the responsibility is to think for himself.

quote:

image being in a fox hole with this guy............[X(]

@Sarge

Yes, Imagine that. Please sir, try to Imagine it.

And when you think about that for a second, remember that the only time you would ever find that guy in a Foxhole, would be if that guy truly truly believed in what he was fighting for. Because that is the ONLY thing who would get that guy into a Foxwhole in the first plase.

If you did not understand that by reading the quote, then you should read it again.

Now that said, If I could choose my Foxhole buddy, then there is no one else I would choose then him.
A Man who truly truly truly fight for what be believe in, regardless of the cost.
A man who dedicated his life to the cause Evan before it all started, a soldier being both Professional and Fanatic.

'

< Message edited by Japan -- 6/11/2009 3:35:45 PM >

AAR VIDEO

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 27
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/11/2009 3:44:27 PM   
rockmedic109

Some medical detachment that is
1.  Far away from the fighting.
2.  In an area where the climate is to my liking.
3.  Overflowing with nurses with liftable skirts.

(in reply to Japan)
Post #: 28
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/11/2009 3:48:01 PM   
gladiatt

quote:

Now that said, If I could choose my Foxhole buddy, then there is no one else I would choose then him.
A Man who truly truly truly fight for what be believe in, regardless of the cost.
A man who dedicated his life to the cause Evan before it all started, a soldier being both Professional and Fanatic.

I've always heard that the best buddy to be with in a foxhole would be the one that would care for you, and you for him. Something that "camaraderie" (errr, brotherhood????) could bring after having face some hard time together. This kind of guy would fight along with you so you won't be alone to fight the threat; this guy would bring you back to the medic if you get hit....

(in reply to Japan)
Post #: 29
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/11/2009 4:12:26 PM   
Japan

quote:

ORIGINAL: gladiatt

I've always heard that the best buddy to be with in a foxhole would be the one that would care for you, and you for him. Something that "camaraderie" (errr, brotherhood????) could bring after having face some hard time together. This kind of guy would fight along with you so you won't be alone to fight the threat; this guy would bring you back to the medic if you get hit....

Exactly!

And if you and him both share the very very strong feelings for the cause, then you will both be very effective soldier's. If you have same ideology, same values and same thinking, then you are "protecting" a individual that is not only a very very close and good freind, but also one you consider to be an asset, an asset for the common cause.
This is exactly what I'm trying to say.

So If I have to pick someone to be in a foxhole with, then I don't want it to be some random ignorant *** but I want to to be a man who have made a chose, a man who are there because he is fighting for the same as your self, a man who is there because he believe in something.
A man who would not been there, unless he was 110% sure that this was his ideology, his life and his cause.

-

< Message edited by Japan -- 6/11/2009 5:07:42 PM >

AAR VIDEO

(in reply to gladiatt)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI