Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Could someone please!!!! help me.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Could someone please!!!! help me. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Could someone please!!!! help me. - 10/25/2000 12:32:00 AM   
LT Vyktum

If you have read some of my previous posts, you will understand the problems I have been having, but here is a quick summary...I got the game in an issue of PC Gamer..ok..install went well..game started..got to first option screen..pressed play SPWaW..ok..logos started...got to the Wild Bill(yahoo) screen..then the screen where it looks like it is burning away..and the countdown/credits screen..then boom back to the first option screen,,no screen for starting campaigns/scenarios or anything like that..like it won't kick in...ok with me so far..found out it is a beta version..ok, so I was told upgrade it to 4+..so I did that(barely, my modem bites..took 18 hours to download)..no luck same problem...Then I found out that some of the Discs that came with PC mag. were defective..so I tried contacting them...what a bunch of hosers"They were unable to help me,and that I should contact the makers of the game" I now no longer subscribe to thier rag...Well, I guess I am getting a little off course here..I believed I have tried everything to get this(from what I hear) great game to work.And since the original disc was defective the upgrade wasn't go to work either...So what I am asking can someone please make me a copy of the game(for me to d/l it would impossible) I will of course reimburse you for your time and trouble and the cost of the disc and postage COD is fine.Or again if you could tthink of what I am doing wrong or what is wrong...My comp specs are 233 mmx...64 ram...directx 7.a ..sound blaster card..all the latest driver updates..10 gigs of room...I defrag/scan disc ever 10 hours of play...I am disabled so I play comp. games all the time..they are my escape from the pain. So again if anybody can help me, please do. ------------------ Roses are red..violets are blue..I'm schizophrenic..and so am I.

Roses are red..violets are blue..I'm schizophrenic..and so am I.
Post #: 1
- 10/25/2000 12:38:00 AM   
Fuerte

I think that you are still not getting into the actual game. Try running MECH.EXE directly. You will find it in Windows Explorer. Just click or double-click on it. You should see a grey screen reading: COLONEL: CHOOSE YOUR GAME PLAY Do you get this?

(in reply to LT Vyktum)
Post #: 2
- 10/25/2000 12:47:00 AM   
jpkeenan

Check your email, I sent you a private message indicating I am willing to send you a CD with the original game and all the upgrades. JPKeenan

(in reply to LT Vyktum)
Post #: 3
- 10/25/2000 1:29:00 AM   
LT Vyktum

To the mech.exe thing I got it...But PC magazine has stated that the disk was defective. ------------------ Roses are red..violets are blue..I'm schizophrenic..and so am I.

Roses are red..violets are blue..I'm schizophrenic..and so am I.

(in reply to LT Vyktum)
Post #: 4
- 10/25/2000 1:32:00 AM   
Lurker

Don't know if you've tried this or not either Vyktum, but I too have a "copper wire and tin can" connection. But your ISP may not. What I did was contacted my ISP and asked them to download it for me, which they had no problem doing ( after I forked over $20 to do it, best $20 I spent in my life! ). See if your ISP may bwe able to download it for you as well. ------------------ "A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow. "<br> -General George S. Patton

"A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow. " -General George S. Patton

(in reply to LT Vyktum)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Could someone please!!!! help me. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI