Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1796 mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Mods and Scenarios >> 1796 mod Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1796 mod - 6/13/2009 6:21:37 AM   
Russian Guard

This contains all the Generals modded in from 1796 onward. Check the readme file, as there are notes as to what other changes were made to various game files to make this work. Again, no major changes, but some you should be aware of.

This is the complete game file folder. Save this zip file wherever, and then open it and save the folder in your Scenarios folder, where your other scenarios are. It will then be available as a playable scenario when you start your game (and not require you to mess with the standard 1796 scenario).

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: 1796 mod - 6/13/2009 6:04:54 PM   
DaveP

RG,

Thanks for this, but there is a small problem.  The readme talks about a file called aiupgrades.txt, but there is no such file in the zip.  There are also two COG2attitude files.  Should we delete one of these?

Thanks,
Dave

(in reply to Russian Guard)
Post #: 2
RE: 1796 mod - 6/16/2009 2:49:34 AM   
Russian Guard

quote:

ORIGINAL: DaveP

RG,

Thanks for this, but there is a small problem.  The readme talks about a file called aiupgrades.txt, but there is no such file in the zip.  There are also two COG2attitude files.  Should we delete one of these?

Thanks,
Dave

As they would say in the new Battlestar:Galactica..."Godsdammit!"

The extra COG2Attitude file is also in the standard scenario file. I meant to delete it, as I noticed it was a mis-spelled file anyway, but forgot. The AIUpgrades file was left out because I made a mistake. Hrrrmmph.

Here is the Campaign again, with the extra Attitude file removed and the AIUgrades file included. Sorry guys.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DaveP)
Post #: 3
RE: 1796 mod - 6/16/2009 2:58:13 AM   
Russian Guard

Oh by the way the first scenario plays absolutely fine, the extra (mis-spelled) Attitudes file isn't used, and the missing AIUgrades file just means that the AI won't buy the Upgrades in the same order as the file intends, but otherwaise plays just fine.

Post #: 4
RE: 1796 mod - 7/14/2009 7:53:40 PM   
Russian Guard

Just a note to say that I have adapted the General ratings for Uvarov as they appear in the Official 1812 scenario, except that Uvarov starts as a 1-star.

I have also moved his turn of entry up 4 months (subtract 4 from hs entry turn number).

For any who want to modify their copies of this mod.

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Mods and Scenarios >> 1796 mod Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI