Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hotseat Games How To

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Hotseat Games How To Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hotseat Games How To - 5/29/2002 9:59:35 PM   
sedecula

I'm a little frustrated with how to hotseat without giving away intelligence.

1) The Japanese player does his turn;

2) The Allied player does his;

3) The computer displays the game turn resolution from the Allied player's point of view;

4) The game cycles back to the Japanese orders phase, without allowing the hapless Japanese player a view of the resolution from his point of view.

Surely this was not the intent of the designers? As it stands it is unplayable for hotseat, and I have a friend and neighbor who would very much like to play.

Thanks ahead of time,

Mark
Post #: 1
Ah, Come on Now, There HAS to be Someone... - 5/30/2002 1:14:31 AM   
sedecula

No reply?!? Not even from the powers that be at Matrix?!? Should I just send the game back then?

Surely there is someone who has tried this, and found a solution?

And if this is not fixed, then why put out the hotseat option at all? It's virtually unplayable as is.

I'm beginning to conclude that I've learned my lesson with Matrix Games. Great idea, buggy, not complete, no manual... customer support is looking shaky now too.

Starting to frown... frown will soon become permanent.

(in reply to sedecula)
Post #: 2
- 5/30/2002 1:28:20 AM   
Joel Billings

I know that Mike (patch programmer) is looking into a similar issue having to do with the replay in PBEM play. I suggest you copy your post into the Bug Reports and Problems forum at the top of the list of threads for UV. You will likely get a faster response there. Several of the Matrix guys have been monitoring the UV forums and have been trying to keep up with the volume of discussions going on here. I'm sure that your hotseat issue will be looked at.

(in reply to sedecula)
Post #: 3
Bug Reports - 5/30/2002 1:34:28 AM   
sedecula

Thanks, Joel, and done. Here's hoping it doesn't get lost among all the other things going on!

Mark

(in reply to sedecula)
Post #: 4
Re: Ah, Come on Now, There HAS to be Someone... - 5/30/2002 1:44:38 AM   
Reiryc

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sedecula
[B]No reply?!? Not even from the powers that be at Matrix?!? Should I just send the game back then?

Surely there is someone who has tried this, and found a solution?

And if this is not fixed, then why put out the hotseat option at all? It's virtually unplayable as is.

I'm beginning to conclude that I've learned my lesson with Matrix Games. Great idea, buggy, not complete, no manual... customer support is looking shaky now too.

Starting to frown... frown will soon become permanent. [/B][/QUOTE]

God....can you be any more impatient?

Oops! Sorry, I forgot, the world does revolve around you and your game purchase. What was I thinking?

:rolleyes:

Reiryc

(in reply to sedecula)
Post #: 5
Response time... - 5/30/2002 2:08:12 AM   
Erik Rutins

Sedecula,

Sorry I missed your post the first time around, but getting mad at us within three hours of posting is bad form. I think a more than cursory glance at this forum will show that we at Matrix are spending a lot of time looking into customer requests and problems.

Thanks for reposting to the bug forum. I promise this will be looked at for the first patch. We tested the heck out of this one, but perhaps hotseat didn't receive the testing it needed.

Despite the fact that we're also looking at some PBEM issues, you'd probably get better results if you're having hotseat problems by setting it up as a PBEM game. You can both watch the replay. When your turn is done, quit, load the save and your opponent can run his turn. A bit more of a hassle but until we check into your hotseat report that's my best suggestion.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to sedecula)
Post #: 6
- 5/30/2002 2:17:13 AM   
AlvinS

[QUOTE]I'm beginning to conclude that I've learned my lesson with Matrix Games. Great idea, buggy, not complete, no manual... customer support is looking shaky now too. [/QUOTE]

The manual is in PDF format. It is accesable once the game is installed.

They have the best customer support of any company I have done business with. How often can you actually receive feedback from the people who built the game?

Matrix rates a 10 out of 10 in my book.

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS

(in reply to sedecula)
Post #: 7
Customer Support - 5/30/2002 2:27:36 AM   
Jason629

I agree! Any in depth study of this forum would clearly show that Matrix is both accessible and timely in their dealings with us (their gaming public :D ) Anyway, I appreciate you guys!

(in reply to sedecula)
Post #: 8
attn: Reiryc, Matrix - 5/30/2002 3:13:18 AM   
sedecula

I bought a game with $50 of my hard-earned money; it didn't meet my expectations, and didn't work as advertised. This is my first experience with Matrix, and naturally has formed my first impression. I expressed my disappointment, and for that I get chastised by someone who thinks himself the police officer of what and how and how soon I should express my impressions.

Matrix was quite civil and humble and non-judgmental of my attitude; furthermore there were a couple of other guys who have had experience with the company and who vouched for them. It is from them that I understand that not everyone on this board is like you, and for that I'm grateful. By their tone, I am also more inclined to respect what they have to say.

Perhaps I could have waited a couple of more hours, or a day or two before putting up the second post. I'm not going to apologize for my expectations regarding the quality of the product or the swiftness of the customer service here. I think 50 dollars is a lot of money, and entitles me to be reasonably demanding. At least the latter expectations were met. I am impressed that Joel replied so swiftly after my second post, and I look forward to a swift fix.

If my second post had the appearance of being nasty, it was not intended as such, and I apologize for any miscommunication. It was intended to be demanding, and I don't consider that unreasonable. Neither, apparently, did Joel or Erik Rutins.

Mark

(in reply to sedecula)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Hotseat Games How To Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI