Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unit Cost Increase (UCI)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Unit Cost Increase (UCI) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unit Cost Increase (UCI) - 6/17/2009 2:22:38 PM   
JadeKing

Is there any way to reduce the UCI, besides the yearly 1% decrease? Playing as France in the 1815 scenarion you have about 500% in UCI making it impossible to buy any units. It might be realistic for the time, but it dosent really give you the option of playing on if you survive the first years, as it will take many centuries before you can raise a new army!! Either it should decrease by a certain amount in peace time, or there should be some events that reduces it.
Post #: 1
RE: Unit Cost Increase (UCI) - 6/17/2009 4:17:28 PM   
ptan54

Agree. Though for me, 1815 is more of a "can I force all of them to surrender" kind of scenario, not a "can I take over all of Europe" scenario.

(in reply to JadeKing)
Post #: 2
RE: Unit Cost Increase (UCI) - 6/18/2009 6:44:26 PM   
ericbabe

Maybe someone could mod the 1815 scenario with a lower UCI for France.  I had considered a rule that would allow UCI to be reduced faster when all nations on the map are at peace.

(in reply to ptan54)
Post #: 3
RE: Unit Cost Increase (UCI) - 6/19/2009 8:10:36 PM   
JadeKing

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericbabe

Maybe someone could mod the 1815 scenario with a lower UCI for France.  I had considered a rule that would allow UCI to be reduced faster when all nations on the map are at peace.

That would be a good idea. But untill then, how do you reduce the default UCI for the 1815 scenario? I cant find any line for it in the COG2Players file, where I thought it would be.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 4
RE: Unit Cost Increase (UCI) - 6/20/2009 12:05:15 AM   
Mus

Makes a ton of sense for France to have a super high UCI in 1815... Napoleon just got back from exile and raised a ton of troops in a hurry.

Mindset, Tactics, Skill, Equipment
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

(in reply to JadeKing)
Post #: 5
RE: Unit Cost Increase (UCI) - 6/20/2009 11:27:58 PM   
JadeKing

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mus

Makes a ton of sense for France to have a super high UCI in 1815... Napoleon just got back from exile and raised a ton of troops in a hurry.

Yes, but it isnt very fun to play on in that scenario, as you cant build any new divisions. It would be fun to try and rebuild the empire once again, if you survive the invasion from the coalition. But it just isnt possible with the high UCI in the scenario.

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 6
RE: Unit Cost Increase (UCI) - 6/21/2009 1:24:36 AM   
barbarossa2

How does inflation actually work in this game?

Anyone know? Can someone post a "general sketch" of it? Or is it covered in the new economy manual? I will check there quickly.

(in reply to JadeKing)
Post #: 7
RE: Unit Cost Increase (UCI) - 6/21/2009 12:48:56 PM   
ptan54

In my 1815 game actually I didn't really have to build new divisions after holding off the coalition 6 times at Champagne....just wait a few months to let your draft pool replenish your exhausted division and the Lowlands are yours. I actually found the Russians to be the most formidable adversaries, they had lots of arty and 8.0 morale infantry. Austria was the first to fold. It's 1817 now and apart from Italy (no change) I've reestablished the Empire as far as Bremen.

(in reply to barbarossa2)
Post #: 8
RE: Unit Cost Increase (UCI) - 6/22/2009 5:20:58 PM   
ericbabe

It is one of the columns in the players.txt file. This should be described in the Modder's Guide.

UCI is very simple.  The more money you spend on units the more expensive units get.  Every nation has a UCI divisor intrinsic to that nation.  The cost increase factor is 1+money spent / nation's UCI divisor.  Every turn the "money spent" decreases by a fixed amount.  This is meant to model in a simple way inflation (which was very rampant in England and Austria and elsewhere) and also war-weariness, the consumption of essential war resources, and other economic factors.  In terms of play-balance, it's meant to be a dampener of large nations, to give smaller nations a better chance of a resurgence late in the game.

(in reply to ptan54)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Unit Cost Increase (UCI) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI