Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problem with "On Station" victory condition

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Tech Support >> Problem with "On Station" victory condition Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem with "On Station" victory condition - 6/22/2009 8:25:35 PM   
Paulus Pak

I have a problem with "on station" viconds in EC2003 Battle for the Mediterranean scenarios. In this particular case it's about 8th scenario, Straits and Flushes. In Blue minimum vicond 1 you have to keep on station (between Sardinia, Africa coast and Baleares) a recon plane for 21 minutes. I can't trigger this vicond. And it's not a problem with engine, I've run test scenario (EC2003 Mediterranean, two different "on station viconds", one for ship and one for certain ac type) - everything works perfectly. It seems there could be something wrong with those "campaign" EC2003 scenarios (IIRC I couldn't trigger "on station" viconds in other Mediterranean EC2003 scens).
BTW in Straits and Flushes there is also a problem with on station vicond for RED side, minimum vicond 2 - two LPD's must be kept for 6 hours between Sicilly and Africa, buy Red side doesn't have any LPD, only two Hunt type minesweepers.
More - blue orders tell to put en ES-3A 100 mile northeast of Brindisi base in Italy (ZMb) (it's somewhere around Greece and Albania) but, like I've said, station for blue recon ac's is placed between Sardinia, Africa and Baleares).
I have a savefile from Strait and Flushes - there are two recon planes on station but vicond is not triggered.

Pawel
A wargamer from Poland
Post #: 1
RE: Problem with "On Station" victory condition - 6/22/2009 10:43:38 PM   
TonyE

Are you by chance checking the On Station parameters by using the O hotkey (this'll work in 2009.036 but not 2008.044)? It will show you the on station rectangles. If all is still in shambles please consider creating a new issue/defect/bug report at http://harpgamer.com/harpforum/index.php?autocom=bugtracker . If you won't do that, please send you test files in a zip file with description to hc3@harpgamer.com

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to Paulus Pak)
Post #: 2
Problem - 6/22/2009 10:49:50 PM   
hermanhum

The problem you are seeing is with the ViConds set by the game. I believe that it lies specifically with Blue MinVic #2.

As you can see in the image, it states that two ships must be killed. Notice how the Class button is greyed out? Originally, two specific ships from a particular class were identified for destruction. Since something has been changed in the ScenEditor recently, I suspect that the game is no longer able to match up the ClassID. Therefore, the ViCond can probably never be fulfilled. That's my guess, anyway.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Paulus Pak)
Post #: 3
RE: Problem with "On Station" victory condition - 6/23/2009 8:57:03 PM   
Paulus Pak

I'm using 2009.036 and I know the O hotkey - so I'm 100% sure that both F-18 RC and ES-3 are on station. I think Hermann nailed the problem, viconds are linked ("ANDed") so when blue minvic#2 doesn't work, the rest won't be triggered either.
I can post a report about it, but I'm not sure how to describe it - it looks like a problem with older scenarios, not with the engine itself.

Pawel
A wargamer from Poland

(in reply to Paulus Pak)
Post #: 4
Problem - 6/23/2009 10:41:50 PM   
hermanhum

I would consider any change that breaks previous scenarios a game engine problem and not just a scenario problem especially since it affects EC2003 scenarios.

(in reply to Paulus Pak)
Post #: 5
RE: Problem - 6/23/2009 10:53:32 PM   
Paulus Pak

Ok, tomorrow I will write someting about it at bugtracker, I have this savegame (all viconds met but no victory declared).

Pawel
A wargamer from Poland

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 6
RE: Problem - 6/24/2009 1:36:02 AM   
TonyE

quote:

ORIGINAL: hermanhum

I would consider any change that breaks previous scenarios a game engine problem and not just a scenario problem especially since it affects EC2003 scenarios.

Consider what you want, in this case you'd be wrong (pending looking at the actual report). Call it a DB problem or a VC problem if you want.

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 7
RE: Problem - 6/26/2009 4:36:40 PM   
CV32

Paulus,
I've added your report to the Issue Tracker at HCE. To summarize, when I opened this scenario in the SE, it immediately occurred to me that:

(1) I do not think 'planes on station' victory conditions work at all. This needs to be confirmed.

(2) There do not appear to be any 'Najim al Zafir' (an Egyptian Jianghu) class frigates in the scenario.

Brad Leyte
HC3 development group member for HCE
Author of HCDB official database for HCE
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 8
RE: Problem - 6/26/2009 7:09:37 PM   
CV32

quote:

ORIGINAL: CV32
(1) I do not think 'planes on station' victory conditions work at all. This needs to be confirmed.

Disregard. Tony has confirmed this works.

< Message edited by CV32 -- 6/26/2009 7:13:30 PM >

Brad Leyte
HC3 development group member for HCE
Author of HCDB official database for HCE
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to CV32)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Tech Support >> Problem with "On Station" victory condition Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI