Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fly overs revealing ground forces - bug...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Fly overs revealing ground forces - bug... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fly overs revealing ground forces - bug... - 10/26/2000 1:11:00 AM   
Alastair Anderson

Folks, My opponent in my most recent pbem game of V4.4 has just informed me that when one of my glorious Japanese aircraft dived out of the skies at the end of his turn and attacked his Soviet ground troops the pilot also helpfully sent a "radio message" giving away a great deal of the Japanese ground deployment... My forces were revealed all the way along the flightpath of the plane on its way through. Seriously, my memory registers this as a bug that was in SP games in the past but was fixed. It appears to have reared its head again - anyone else found the same? Cheers Al

Post #: 1
- 10/26/2000 1:19:00 AM   
Wild Bill

It's nothing like it used to be, where every unit is revealed. Now it, as you say, reveals units along its flight path. A certain amount of stuff will be seen by the pilot as he passes over. Now how effective that will prove is up for question. It does, however, reveal some things you might not want seen. That can be good and bad. I don't know how much of that the computer can remember. ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Alastair Anderson)
Post #: 2
- 10/26/2000 2:30:00 AM   
Windo von Paene

but read the message carefully Wild bill. He is saying that his opponent (Russia) saw his (japan) forces along the flight path of his (japan) attacking aircraft!

Post #: 3
- 10/28/2000 8:19:00 AM   
rexmonday

- it is better than it used to be - in SP2 if you shot an enemy helicopter and it routed, then you would see it fly away, BUT beneath it all of the enemies forces would be revealed - they would even flash up on the thumbnail map in the corner IIRC. Very useful for recon, but what was all that about???

Post #: 4
- 10/28/2000 11:21:00 AM   
Wild Bill

The he shoulda shot that Son of Nippon out of the sky! Traitor! I've never seen this but I don't do a lot of PBEM. I'll mention this to the group. You're right, I'm reading but my comprehension level at this time of the night is very, very low ...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

Post #: 5
- 10/28/2000 5:41:00 PM   
steel

I had same kind bug email games.My opponents send airplane and i did see all opponent troops.Very nasty bug in deed. [This message has been edited by steel (edited October 28, 2000).]

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Fly overs revealing ground forces - bug... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI