Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Finances

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Finances Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Finances - 6/26/2009 3:37:36 AM   
henry296

I'm playing a real career started in 1962 and it is now 1966. All teams are only spending about 1/3 of their available budget. I didn't change any of the default financial settings.
Post #: 1
RE: Finances - 6/26/2009 3:47:13 AM   
MPHopcroft1

Not unexpected. I have yet to see any clubs spending their full budget in any of my games, even of previous editions.

"Any asset that would cost you the war if lost is no longer an asset, but a liability." -- Me

"No plan survives the battlefield" -- old Army saw.

"Without Love, I'd have no Anger. I wouldn't believe in Righteousness" -- Bernie Taupin

(in reply to henry296)
Post #: 2
RE: Finances - 6/26/2009 12:39:09 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: henry296

I'm playing a real career started in 1962 and it is now 1966. All teams are only spending about 1/3 of their available budget. I didn't change any of the default financial settings.

This is a tricky one to balance. Are you seeing great players sitting in the free agent pool unsigned? I may need to simply tweak down the available budget size. I'll need to do a ton of testing though, since the flip-side is worse (teams running out of money and having to sign scrubs).

Let me know your thoughts.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to henry296)
Post #: 3
RE: Finances - 6/27/2009 12:16:21 PM   
henry296

Shaun,

No, I'm not seeing any great free agents sitting in the pool.  The issue is the reverse that unless a player doesn't want to sign a new contract, I never have to worry about keeping my team together.  The only players I let make it to free agency are all well over 30 and I'm able to sign the best available free agents.  For example, I had no problem out bidding everyone for Hank Aarron because I had so much free cash.

Can you explain the finanical model a little better.  In order to force teams to make decisions about players, I went ahead and significantly reduced the available finances to be close to what teams were spending.  However, now that it is the trading deadline, I have at least $2MM more in available money than I had at the start of the season.  I have some great players coming up for free agency, but no worries about keeping my team together for next year. 

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 4
RE: Finances - 6/30/2009 4:01:15 AM   
henry296

Shaun,

Take a look at my "Trades" thread regarding my latest free agency period.  This was the first one of a new career started in 2003.  Yes, there are great, but older players available for free agency and every team could afford them.

(in reply to henry296)
Post #: 5
RE: Finances - 7/7/2009 4:17:12 PM   
33sherman

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: henry296

This is a tricky one to balance. Are you seeing great players sitting in the free agent pool unsigned? I may need to simply tweak down the available budget size. I'll need to do a ton of testing though, since the flip-side is worse (teams running out of money and having to sign scrubs).

Let me know your thoughts.

Recently started a fictional association with finances on at 1% and I'm having a problem with great players sitting around unsigned (after about twenty years of the association). Their salary demands are unreasonable (given team budgets) for contract extensions, but after the free agent period you can sign them for almost nothing ($80 a year) but none of the teams sign them even though they could afford it. Then when the season starts you can't sign them for less than $30,000 a year and no one can afford it.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Finances Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI