Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Click and Crash to Desktop

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Click and Crash to Desktop Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Click and Crash to Desktop - 5/24/2002 4:55:48 AM   
worr

I have this game on two computers....and it happens on both.

I'll be clicking on something to move somewhere....and a mistake happens....such as clicking on somewhere you can't go...like a coral reef...and it crashes to desk top.

Anyone else?

Worr, out
Post #: 1
- 5/24/2002 5:05:32 AM   
Hartmann

Yes, happens sometimes, but fortunately not that often until now.

Hartmann

(in reply to worr)
Post #: 2
Crash info.. - 5/24/2002 6:00:18 AM   
Erik Rutins

Worr and Hartmann,

Can you post info on your system hardware specs and operating systems? Do you get any crash info at all or just a dump to the desktop? If this is repeatable for you, can you describe a chain of actions that always duplicates it on your computer or is it random?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to worr)
Post #: 3
Re: Crash info.. - 5/24/2002 10:03:06 AM   
worr

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Erik Rutins
[B]Worr and Hartmann,

Can you post info on your system hardware specs and operating systems? Do you get any crash info at all or just a dump to the desktop? If this is repeatable for you, can you describe a chain of actions that always duplicates it on your computer or is it random?

Regards,

- Erik [/B][/QUOTE]

On this machine:

AMD 1k chip; Nvidia GF III; 256 MG RAM; really no need for the maching to reach its limits. Also Windows ME.

The other machine is much weaker, Pent II, no idea even what video card. It runs on Windows 98.

The crash is so fast I often don't even remember what I did. But it seems it was always a mouse click away. I remember landing troops EAST of Gili Gili...and tried moving west...it crashed then. Come to think of it another time was trying to move infantry where it didn't want to go. Glad it autosaves!

If it happens again...I'll send on some more information.

Worr, out

(in reply to worr)
Post #: 4
- 5/25/2002 2:16:35 PM   
worr

Man, this is starting to bug me.

I am getting them regularily now.

It crashes to desk top. Then the screen blanks out again...and the desk top goes up with no game. I'd say it is a resolution problem. It looks like the monitor is resetting the screne resolution. BTW...I have 1024 set on desk top and game.

Worr, out

(in reply to worr)
Post #: 5
Re: Crash info.. - 5/25/2002 8:41:49 PM   
worr

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Erik Rutins
[B]Worr and Hartmann,

Regards,

- Erik [/B][/QUOTE]

Where would I e-mail a saved game?

I might have one that will crash for you.

Worr, out

(in reply to worr)
Post #: 6
- 5/25/2002 8:48:21 PM   
Paul Vebber

[email]erikr@matrixgames.com[/email] and [email]paulv@matrixgames.com[/email] with cc to [email]mikew@matrixgames.com[/email]

(in reply to worr)
Post #: 7
- 5/25/2002 10:26:45 PM   
worr

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Paul Vebber
[B][email]erikr@matrixgames.com[/email] and [email]paulv@matrixgames.com[/email] with cc to [email]mikew@matrixgames.com[/email] [/B][/QUOTE]

Just sent it.

BTW....my system is well established. I run IL2 and Warbirds III both which are graphic intenstive flight sims....no worries there.

I still think it is a resolution problem...or a graphics bug. I resent the system stats too.

Worr, out

(in reply to worr)
Post #: 8
- 5/28/2002 1:38:53 PM   
worr

Please tell me you found something. It is still crashing once every sitting...if not more often. :(

Worr, out

(in reply to worr)
Post #: 9
- 5/28/2002 2:14:46 PM   
Hartmann

I play on a Dell Inspiron 5000e notebook.

The CTDs occurr on average once in two days - which is ok with me. Never is any message displayed, though.

Hartmann

(in reply to worr)
Post #: 10
- 5/28/2002 5:58:50 PM   
Marc von Martial

[QUOTE] I'd say it is a resolution problem. It looks like the monitor is resetting the screne resolution. BTW...I have 1024 set on desk top and game. [/QUOTE]

That is intended ;). It happens with every software/game that changes screen resolutions. Nothing to worry about.

(in reply to worr)
Post #: 11
- 5/29/2002 12:19:39 AM   
juliet7bravo

Mine does it as well.

Home built AMD 1.2 gig, GeForce 3 64 meg, 512 RAM, Win98 SE, updated drivers ect. Does the same thing on my Dell 8100 laptop with Intel 1.2 gig chip, GeForce 3 GO, 512 RAM, and Win XP and stock Dell drivers.

(1) Does it very seldom, usually after playing for many (many) hours. You reach to click on something and get a CTD instead. Sometimes (more often), instead of a CTD, you get the game stats screen instead, don't know if that's connected or not.

(2) Sometimes, the mouse clicker changes to an hourglass and runs by itself

(3) Memory leak. After extended play, the game gets slower and slower, to the point the mouse cursor "drags". Oddly, it doesn't go away if you exit the game, and/or hotboot. Have to cold boot to get the system "back up to speed".

(4) Changes my desktop display settings.

None of these are "showstoppers", and none except the memory leak (if that's what it is) is even very annoying.

(in reply to worr)
Post #: 12
UV jumps out to desktop... - 5/31/2002 4:30:22 AM   
PzLdr

Here is a possible bug... which I hope not.

This past weekend, I enjoyed a vacation alone with a laptop and UV. But while playing on the 2nd day the game started to jump to the desktop every few minutes. My thinking was that it was caused by an unk program wanting to have me connect by modem to the network (like McAfee online, Yahoo Msgr, etc). I wasn't sure but kept playing even after doing system and virus checks, turning off McAfee, Yahoo, etc. But it still did it every few minutes. Thinking that is was just due to not being able for background programs to connect to a network, I was looking forward to returning home and not seeing this happen again. But guess what happens... it did it again, but this time only twice, but almost right before a scheduled 8:00pm virus update, so I'm think McAfee-online was the problem.

I'm sharing this info in case others have had this problem or let you know of a possible issue if not. I've never had this issue before with other programs while on the road.

Note: when it jumped out, the game froze until I clicked back to it from the status bar a long the bottom.

Oh, my Laptop is a Dell 8000, 700Mhz P3, 512 RAM, Win XP(Pro), Office LAN at work, modem on the road.

DT HP, P4, 1.6Ghz, 512 RAM. Win XP(Home), with DSL

No Guts, NO Glory!!!

(in reply to worr)
Post #: 13
CTDs - 6/2/2002 5:30:16 AM   
neuromancer

The only times I've experienced a CTD is after playing for several hours in a row (like 4+). I click to do something, and SPLAT. There is my desktop.

Looks to me like a memory leak or something similar.

This has happened to me twice in the past several days.

This - as I stated elsewhere - is a fairly fat machine. Not top of the line (at least not any more), but still good.

ASUS A7 133 Main board
AMD Thunderbird 900 MHz CPU
256 MB RAM
Creative Sound Blaster Live! Value
GeForce 3
30 GB HD with about 9 GB free
Windows 98
Logitech Wheel Mouse

I recently updated my video and mouse drivers (audio was up to date).

(in reply to worr)
Post #: 14
CTDs here too. - 6/2/2002 10:46:08 AM   
rhohltjr

Pent 2, 192 MB RAM, Gladiac Ultra 64 Vid card. Abit BH6 motherboard.

I get my CTDs often. So often infact that I have a egg timer beside me to warn me to save before the next fatal click.

I dont get the CTDs except when I am backing out of a double level screen, i.e., click on 'back' or done twice.

This is so frustrating. Worst was when one of my subs put 2 torps into the Shoho then I got a fatal click and .... :mad:

I am glad others are getting the reda$$ over this cause I know that GG and Matrix will not leave us out hangin & flappin in the wind.

Whew!!

(in reply to worr)
Post #: 15
- 6/7/2002 2:52:17 PM   
Morgan Schiff

Hi

I don't get CTDs as such, but every so often the game hangs on me. Always happens just after the combat resolution screen pops up. I can move the mouse cursor around but can't do anything else. Clicking on the 'done' button doesn't do anything, and alt-tab and ctrl-alt-delete don't work at all.

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 2500, 800Mhz, 256MB RAM, Win ME.

Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks in advance!

M

(in reply to worr)
Post #: 16
vrs 1.11 and still CTDing. - 6/22/2002 9:34:48 AM   
rhohltjr

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Morgan Schiff
[B]Hi

I don't get CTDs as such, but every so often the game hangs on me. Always happens just after the combat resolution screen pops up. I can move the mouse cursor around but can't do anything else. Clicking on the 'done' button doesn't do anything, and alt-tab and ctrl-alt-delete don't work at all.

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 2500, 800Mhz, 256MB RAM, Win ME.

Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks in advance!

M [/B][/QUOTE]

Game is very stable as long as I don't click. Huh? Don't click?
How can I not click? Now have the 1.11 patch and worst beating has been my own trackball / mouse. Tried switching from USB to PS2 connection but still cannot shake Saburo CCTD.

Homegrown PC, 400Mhz PII, 192 RAM, Win98. Computer riddled with 20mm CTD holes and smoking badly. Likely will have to hit silk soon.:mad: :mad: :mad:

(in reply to worr)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Click and Crash to Desktop Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI