Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Better Status Menus

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Better Status Menus Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Better Status Menus - 5/31/2002 5:15:11 AM   
PzLdr

Just a suggestion.

The unit screens need to provide a better graphic and information format than they do now. Maybe I'm just to use to briefing REAL Generals all the time with what is know as "Military decision graphics" that use less number and more symbols to relay information. Cdrs don't have time to read detail numbers so they want to see simple graphics that relay the msg of what they need to focus on. At times numbers are great, but a simple summary listing of using simple pie type symbols of Green, Amber, Red, and Black for status codes on percentages is easy to quickly see and know where you have issues to look more at. Waiting on an Endurance value to go red is not when I want to know I have a problem. Give me a more heads up warning so I can react, move fuel up, etc.

On ships and sub TFs you could show the fuel and supply status better than it is now. For fuel, maybe a fuel range value (in hexes) or range warning of what it takes to make it back to home base.

Pilot Fat. list, why don't you list the avg Fat on the main screen under experience or morale than having one jump to the detail for that? Other issue, why do some pilot fly all the time and others don't... A good unit commander would see that their folks get crew rest than fly all the time and others just sit there and do nothing.

Battle Damage to ships. If gun systems get damage, why not list what it is or show a reduce # in RED on what is causing the 30 system value. Like AS/OP (Assigned/Operational) for guns and radar, etc. It would be nice to know two of three main gun turrets are out before sending a 15 Sys ship back out, for example.

Anyway, just a suggestion, one of many I assume you get every day.

Great game keep up the great work.

John

PS: what is the 2nd P-39 replacement plane list for on #17? Also why can't Sub Tenders type ships/TF be setup to resupply/rearm subs without returning to port? Subs are not like BB or CVs. A few Torps and more chow and fuel and they are good to go... now morale may get lower the longer they are out, etc.

No Guts, NO Glory!!!
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Better Status Menus Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI