Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Oh, the humanity!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> After Action Reports >> Oh, the humanity! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Oh, the humanity! - 2/1/2009 6:50:45 PM   
SlickWilhelm

I've got multiple second games going on now, and I'm trying different strategies, etc.

Yesterday, I hired a sixth merc and prepared for the always brutal battle at the Road to the Airport. This time, I came in from the train station sector, thus my mercs entered the tactical map in a different area than usual.

To make a long story short, the AI's usual "Bum rush" tactics worked to perfection, to my detriment. For the first time ever, I lost a battle and all my mercs were KIA.

And was I in for a rude shock when I tried to hire more mercs to rebuild my forces. The only merc who would agree to work for me was Dagger. Everyone else refused because I had gotten so many mercs killed.

So now my IMA squad consists of Dagger, and only Dagger. I'm going to keep playing to see if others will eventually agree to work for me.

Beta Tester - Brother Against Brother
Beta Tester - Commander: The Great War
Beta Tester - Desert War 1940-42
Post #: 1
RE: Oh, the humanity! - 2/3/2009 3:41:10 PM   
Sinjen

I had a similiar campaign go bad.  I could never convince the other mercs to sign.  I think there needs to be a cooldown or something on this feature.

(in reply to SlickWilhelm)
Post #: 2
RE: Oh, the humanity! - 2/3/2009 3:50:01 PM   
SlickWilhelm

Yeah, I've waited four days and still nobody is interested. I'm afraid this particular game is hopeless. There may be some kind of threshold with the number of killed mercs where you are essentially done as a viable employer. 

Beta Tester - Brother Against Brother
Beta Tester - Commander: The Great War
Beta Tester - Desert War 1940-42

(in reply to Sinjen)
Post #: 3
RE: Oh, the humanity! - 2/7/2009 2:09:32 PM   
Stealth_Hitman

hell if you try to hire me and i hear your entire squad all got killed in a single battle i would tell you to hit the bricks lmao

(in reply to SlickWilhelm)
Post #: 4
RE: Oh, the humanity! - 5/27/2009 6:04:52 PM   
JoeNapalm

What's Dagger's morale at?

Maybe if he single-handedly takes a couple sectors, more folks will sign on?

-Jn-

PS - Desperately trying to curb my use of quicksave...so tempting to use the Easy Button!

(in reply to Stealth_Hitman)
Post #: 5
RE: Oh, the humanity! - 7/9/2009 12:15:38 AM   
GODSPEED7

Haha.. yeah, with JA2 I remember the constant saving/loading, at first I did this with this game too, but this time around I'm going at it without frequently saving, I only save as a precaution..

Single-handedly taking a few sectors.. it can be hard enough to take one with a few mercs, imagine alone. The running around alone will drain his fatigue and he'll collapse. Unless you go in silent for the first few enemies and then take the others out with an SVD or something. Anyways, good luck, let us know how your trek in the african 'militia-infested-jungle' turns out.. hehe

GODSPEEDseven

(in reply to JoeNapalm)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> After Action Reports >> Oh, the humanity! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI