Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CSA Production?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> CSA Production? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CSA Production? - 7/14/2009 8:23:14 PM   
MilRevKo

Is there any general production for the CSA? How many facrories and heavy guns should be built. If possible during production there are three sections in the middle of the production screen. The first is supply, the second is the state, city production and the last has three little faces that I am not sure how to use. I think they have smth to do with milita production but, I have not figured out the exact way to use it?

I would be thankful for the help...

Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes -Publilius Syrus
Post #: 1
RE: CSA Production? - 7/15/2009 4:16:10 AM   
Bangui

The CSA needs to produce mostly supply points. The three icons in the middle are showing available resources, factories and population points for the selected city, state or nation. Negative numbers are possible for factories and population. Population is pooled by state for use by all cities in that state. A militia unit is formed at the end of the production phase somewhere within the state when the state population pool exceeds the militia unit population requirement for that year. 24 heavy artillery will usually be enough to defend the major forts in the CSA. A few factories could be started in 1861 or early in 1862. Building a factory reduces the potential supply pool by 9 units. It takes 18 months to build the factory and recover the 9 supply units. Remember that factories and other units require population points when completed. If there is not enough population available in the state pool, then they can not be activated in the city where they were built.

The Ancient Gamer

(in reply to MilRevKo)
Post #: 2
RE: CSA Production? - 7/15/2009 6:56:02 PM   
Capt Cliff

Build as many heavy guns as you can before you economy collapses, to keep the Federal Navy from taking the Mississippi too soon. Build a few factories in areas that can't be invaded from the coast and are not too close to the weatern or eastern fronts. Since New Orleans can't be captured historically, by running the forts and just landing troops there, that's a possible spot.

Capt. Cliff

(in reply to Bangui)
Post #: 3
RE: CSA Production? - 7/16/2009 9:28:17 PM   
DaveP

I try and build factories in the non-costal cities of Virginia and North and South Carolina. I figure these are the last places I am likely to lose and it allows some compensation for the loss of factories in Tennessee.

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> CSA Production? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI