Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Rocket play balance?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Rocket play balance? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rocket play balance? - 10/26/2000 7:45:00 PM   
Pack Rat

I love the Wurfrahmen 40. Nest those babies around an ammo dump and kick major infantry butt, especially in desert battles where the dust trails give points of attack away. They are so good that I've toned them down percent wise. I need to sit down and play both sides to see what is a good setting for them though. Any feed back on what others might be using? Why is it that the Germans are the only major power with on board rockets? I really can't see where it would harm play balance. ------------------ Good hunting, Pack Rat

PR
Post #: 1
- 10/26/2000 7:47:00 PM   
Warhorse

Hello, the U.S., and Russians have them, as do the Japanese!! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 2
- 10/26/2000 8:14:00 PM   
Pack Rat

Sorry, Mike I still don't see them. Are they after 1945, I didn't check there or are they in the off board but appear on board? ------------------ Good hunting, Pack Rat

PR

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 3
- 10/26/2000 9:35:00 PM   
Warhorse

I'll check tonite when I get home, maybe they are for scenario design only, but don't think so. Possibly, with the new class, it's simply a matter of no formation for them yet! Do you see them in the encyclopedia? ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 4
- 10/27/2000 1:04:00 AM   
Skotty

I just checked the US Army OOB in the purchase screen in May 45 and there is no option to purchase on board rockect arty, just offboard Calliopie and Whizbang. There is a 4.5 rocket arty unit that is not listed as offboard in the encyclopedia, but you can't buy it. There is 2 entries for it also, one with and one w/o unit icon Other stuff you can't buy in the US Army is the quad-50 AAMG unit and the 90mm AA gun. Its in the encyc but not in the buy screen. Lastly, the current US Mech Plt doesn't have enough 1/2tracks to carry all the stuff the platoon has, you have to but additional ones to carry the 50 and the AT gun.

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 5
- 10/27/2000 1:50:00 AM   
Drake

You can buy the US onboard 4.5 rocket in campaign mode but the dame thing flys around and I mean flys . Its dame funny to see

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 6
- 10/28/2000 1:02:00 AM   
Arralen

Haven't seen Japs rockets as well - but the OOB are still a mess ... and I haven't gotten "deep enough" into that generated campaign, as there was always the next patch out before I could fight my way past '40 On the other hand - it doesn't matter. The Japs have 150mm mortars on board since '39 .. found them working very well Arralen [This message has been edited by Arralen (edited October 27, 2000).]

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 7
- 10/28/2000 7:11:00 PM   
Ballan

The option to upgrade in core units werfers and the mobile version appeared in 4.3b, and has stuck in 4.4, but I think they are bugs. I assume you can buy rocket artillery as support units with the other nations. Im sure the problem will be sorted in the next patch. Personally I added a battery of 4 werfers and 4 mobile units as core forces, German forces tended to rely heavily upon these units and mortars as the war progressed and the conventional artillery became harder to obtain and supply

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 8
- 11/2/2000 3:07:00 AM   
Billy Yank

quote:

Originally posted by Skotty: Other stuff you can't buy in the US Army is the quad-50 AAMG unit and the 90mm AA gun. Its in the encyc but not in the buy screen. Lastly, the current US Mech Plt doesn't have enough 1/2tracks to carry all the stuff the platoon has, you have to but additional ones to carry the 50 and the AT gun.
Skotty, How are you trying to buy these? I'm in the fifth battle of a US long campaign and I've upgraded half my AT guns to 90mm Flaks. Also, I never had any problem fitting an AT gun and .50 cal into the same halftrack. What HT are you using and which AT gun? ------------------ Billy Yank I don't define "my own" the way you want me to.

Billy Yank
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
-- Thorin Oakenshield

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 9
- 11/2/2000 4:28:00 AM   
Zarquon

It's not the rocket launchers that are the problem IMO, it's the infinite amount of ammo they get via ammo dumps/trucks. What I'd like to see is a limited stockpile for these units, with the option of reloading them by moving them of the map for x turns. Would probably need some major reprogramming though.

The past is a fiction created to account for the discrepancies between my immeditate physical sensations and my state of mind.

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 10
- 11/2/2000 1:29:00 PM   
Skotty

quote:

Originally posted by Billy Yank: Skotty, How are you trying to buy these? I'm in the fifth battle of a US long campaign and I've upgraded half my AT guns to 90mm Flaks. Also, I never had any problem fitting an AT gun and .50 cal into the same halftrack. What HT are you using and which AT gun?
Hiya Billy, From my exp, u cannot buy the above units in the purchase screen of your core force, aux force, or core force on a gernerated battle. I have not tried in the campaign upgrade screen, but from what I have read in a few other posts the 2 types of purchase menus operate differently. I found the problem with the 1/2tracks. I usually buy the m2A1, which has both a 30 and 50 cal, but is less armoured and CHEAPER than the M3A1. Which is why I get it cuz it is cheaper.... but it also carries less(M2A1), only 109, and the 76ATgun costs 106 and the 50 cal crew cost 4 to load = 110 = no room= dumb player reacting to soon before doin his encyc studies. All other ver of 1/2tracks can load the two weapons fine... big duh on my part. [This message has been edited by Skotty (edited November 02, 2000).]

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 11
- 11/3/2000 4:09:00 AM   
Billy Yank

quote:

Originally posted by Skotty: From my exp, u cannot buy the above units in the purchase screen of your core force, aux force, or core force on a gernerated battle. I have not tried in the campaign upgrade screen, but from what I have read in a few other posts the 2 types of purchase menus operate differently.
Oh, now I see. To buy it on the purchase screen, it has to have an appropriate formation defined in the OOB. Have you posted this on the OOB errors thread? ------------------ Billy Yank I don't define "my own" the way you want me to.

Billy Yank
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
-- Thorin Oakenshield

(in reply to Pack Rat)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Rocket play balance? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI