Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Free Upgrade to WW2: Time of Wrath for WW2: Road to Victory owners!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Free Upgrade to WW2: Time of Wrath for WW2: Road to Victory owners! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Free Upgrade to WW2: Time of Wrath for WW2: Road to Vic... - 7/16/2009 2:56:19 PM   
Erik Rutins

WW2: Road to Victory customers are entitled to a free copy of the new release WW2: Time of Wrath. To get your free copy, please go to the Matrix Games Members Club here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/community/login.asp

If you haven't already created a login for the Members Club and registered your copy of WW2: Road to Victory, you will need to do so. Once you have logged in and registered your copy of WW2: Road to Victory, click on "My Games" and then click on the "Private Downloads" link next to WW2: Road to Victory in your registered games list. There you will see a link to download the "World War 2: Time of Wrath Free Upgrade!"

This free copy will work with your existing WW2: Road to Victory serial number.

Thanks for your support of this series!

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 1
RE: Free Upgrade to WW2: Time of Wrath for WW2: Road to... - 7/16/2009 7:02:13 PM   
LarryP

Sometimes you guys (and gals) are just too nice! Thanks Erik!

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 2
RE: Free Upgrade to WW2: Time of Wrath for WW2: Road to... - 7/16/2009 7:03:08 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: LarryP
Sometimes you guys (and gals) are just too nice! Thanks Erik!

Thank the developers too (Wastelands Interactive) as they did not have to go along with this suggestion, but chose to do so.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 3
RE: Free Upgrade to WW2: Time of Wrath for WW2: Road to... - 7/16/2009 7:15:30 PM   
LarryP

DoomTrader wasn't forced to comply at gun point?

Post #: 4
RE: Free Upgrade to WW2: Time of Wrath for WW2: Road to... - 7/16/2009 8:53:57 PM   
Anraz

The story is almost as simple as my English ;) We were a secondary developer of RtV and observed it as not enough good to satisfy our ambitions (in terms of content and gameplay) so we decided to license its engine and redo it. Somehow we feel that gifting ToW for those who bought RtV pays off a kind debt and improves our "karma", which is not as good as we would like it to be after releasing RtV.

< Message edited by Anraz -- 7/16/2009 8:56:51 PM >

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 5
RE: Free Upgrade to WW2: Time of Wrath for WW2: Road to... - 7/16/2009 10:11:23 PM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anraz

The story is almost as simple as my English ;) We were a secondary developer of RtV and observed it as not enough good to satisfy our ambitions (in terms of content and gameplay) so we decided to license its engine and redo it. Somehow we feel that gifting ToW for those who bought RtV pays off a kind debt and improves our "karma", which is not as good as we would like it to be after releasing RtV.

Well, I like RtV and I still play it. I was waiting for ToW and I had planned on buying that too. I was surprised to find out about a month and a half ago that it was going to be free for RtV purchasers. I'm still surprised. I'm sure I speak for others too when I say that I will buy anything you guys put out in the future.

I know of no better way to improve your Karma other than patching like you did with RtV, then gifting this game.

Thank you very much!

< Message edited by LarryP -- 7/16/2009 10:14:16 PM >

(in reply to Anraz)
Post #: 6
RE: Free Upgrade to WW2: Time of Wrath for WW2: Road to... - 7/17/2009 12:51:46 AM   
ceyan

quote:

ORIGINAL: LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anraz

Well, I like RtV and I still play it. I was waiting for ToW and I had planned on buying that too. I was surprised to find out about a month and a half ago that it was going to be free for RtV purchasers. I'm still surprised. I'm sure I speak for others too when I say that I will buy anything you guys put out in the future.

I know of no better way to improve your Karma other than patching like you did with RtV, then gifting this game.

Thank you very much!

Agreed. Tragically I often don't get time to play a lot of the games I want to, but I generally make it a point to purchase a copy of any game I'd like to play even if I rarely (if ever) get around to playing it just to support the company (especially on niche market games). And now I'll definitely remember the name and be on the look out for any future releases to buy a copy regardless of whether I end up playing it or not, thanks to this effort.

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 7
RE: Free Upgrade to WW2: Time of Wrath for WW2: Road to... - 7/17/2009 1:16:39 AM   
Magpius

Fully agree.
A rare gesture.
and a big thank you.
consider your karma levels well and truly restored

(in reply to ceyan)
Post #: 8
RE: Free Upgrade to WW2: Time of Wrath for WW2: Road to... - 7/17/2009 4:00:11 AM   
cpdeyoung

ceyan,

Admirable sentiments, but this one is worth playing. I just completed a 8.5 month campaign with my Soviets against the AI with Turkey. What a battle, requiring skill and patience. It took me 35 turns, and can be played in hours. You don't move fast in Turkey, and it is very different from campaigning elsewhere. Simply choose the Grand Scenario and set only the USSR to human control. I am going to play this one further and see when the Germans come to call.

This is a fine game, successor to another fine game, and at the price an incredible bargain in gaming.

Chuck

Edited for typo.

< Message edited by cpdeyoung -- 7/17/2009 4:06:49 AM >

(in reply to Magpius)
Post #: 9
RE: Free Upgrade to WW2: Time of Wrath for WW2: Road to... - 7/17/2009 11:58:10 AM   
Otto von Blotto

My thanks to Wasteland and Matrix for the free game, a rare guesture of going the extra mile to look after customers these days and much appreciated. downloaded my copy and will spark it up over the weekend and aquant myself with it.

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 10
RE: Free Upgrade to WW2: Time of Wrath for WW2: Road to... - 7/17/2009 12:02:16 PM   
doomtrader

Have a nice weekend Otto

(in reply to Otto von Blotto)
Post #: 11
RE: Free Upgrade to WW2: Time of Wrath for WW2: Road to... - 7/17/2009 12:31:57 PM   
Leeds

Where do I find this? I cant find any download in the members area.

Post #: 12
RE: Free Upgrade to WW2: Time of Wrath for WW2: Road to... - 7/17/2009 12:37:24 PM   
doomtrader

eddysterckx is explaining this also here:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical/browse_thread/thread/e4c1c8630a6930e4

(in reply to Leeds)
Post #: 13
RE: Free Upgrade to WW2: Time of Wrath for WW2: Road to... - 7/17/2009 1:19:25 PM   
Viriathus

Thanks guys, about to give Time of Wrath a go, was unsatisfied with RtV.

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 14
RE: Free Upgrade to WW2: Time of Wrath for WW2: Road to... - 7/17/2009 5:16:33 PM   
darrellb9

Thanks guys! A very unexpected surprise. To Matrix and Wasteland

Post #: 15
RE: Free Upgrade to WW2: Time of Wrath for WW2: Road to... - 7/17/2009 5:26:37 PM   
PzB74

Ah great, need something to do while waiting for AE and War in the East

"The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without"
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

(in reply to darrellb9)
Post #: 16
RE: Free Upgrade to WW2: Time of Wrath for WW2: Road to... - 7/19/2009 3:26:38 PM   
robbersonr

I have gone into the members area to download the free update to RtV and keep getting a ftp error. Something wrong with the downloads area?

Post #: 17
RE: Free Upgrade to WW2: Time of Wrath for WW2: Road to... - 7/20/2009 4:29:52 PM   
kram

Can we register the free Upgrade from WW2: Road to Victory in our member account? I tried but I received a "not valid serial n°" message.
Thanks a lot

Post #: 18
RE: Free Upgrade to WW2: Time of Wrath for WW2: Road to... - 8/16/2009 2:59:25 AM   
geozero

my rtv serial does not work on ToW

JUST SAY NO... To Hideous Graphics.

(in reply to kram)
Post #: 19
RE: Free Upgrade to WW2: Time of Wrath for WW2: Road to... - 8/25/2009 4:24:53 PM   
vanmi

me too. No update for ToW for me in my member page.

(in reply to geozero)
Post #: 20
RE: Free Upgrade to WW2: Time of Wrath for WW2: Road to... - 1/13/2010 8:14:41 PM   
Redmarkus5

Is the free download still available?  I registered Road to Victory (which I gave up on a loong time ago) and then the only download I see is the hot fix.

(in reply to vanmi)
Post #: 21
RE: Free Upgrade to WW2: Time of Wrath for WW2: Road to... - 1/13/2010 8:19:57 PM   
LarryP

I just looked a few days ago and the download for ToW was no longer available in my Members Area. It probably got removed after a certain time. Good thing I had it on a DVD and external hard drive.

(in reply to Redmarkus5)
Post #: 22
RE: Free Upgrade to WW2: Time of Wrath for WW2: Road to... - 1/14/2010 9:23:15 AM   
Redmarkus5

OK, thanks.  How does the game compare to RtV?  I wasn't impressed by that title and stopped playing it pretty soon after I bought it.  Should I bother purchasing ToW in your opinion?  I saw some comments about the AI not being too great which is key for me as I play while travelling on business and don't want another PBEM game - just single player.

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 23
RE: Free Upgrade to WW2: Time of Wrath for WW2: Road to... - 1/14/2010 4:54:08 PM   
Andrew Loveridge

The free upgrade is still available, make sure you are looking in the Registered Downloads for WWII Road to Victory.

(in reply to Redmarkus5)
Post #: 24
RE: Free Upgrade to WW2: Time of Wrath for WW2: Road to... - 1/14/2010 6:38:43 PM   
Redmarkus5

Aha!  Thanks Erik - found it.  I was looking in the ToW 'folder', which seemed to make sense at the time :)  Downloading now.

(in reply to Andrew Loveridge)
Post #: 25
RE: Free Upgrade to WW2: Time of Wrath for WW2: Road to... - 1/14/2010 9:34:06 PM   
patchogue

I don't seem to be able to use my RtV code to unlock the 1.70 update - as above - any advice?

"It takes three years to build a ship, it takes three centuries to build a tradition"
Admiral Andrew Cunningham

(in reply to Redmarkus5)
Post #: 26
RE: Free Upgrade to WW2: Time of Wrath for WW2: Road to... - 1/24/2010 9:19:53 PM   
patchogue

It worked today - I got the code from the members ara...but it was the same code I was trying before! Anyway it is now installed - so no problem!

"It takes three years to build a ship, it takes three centuries to build a tradition"
Admiral Andrew Cunningham

(in reply to patchogue)
Post #: 27
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Free Upgrade to WW2: Time of Wrath for WW2: Road to Victory owners! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI