Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

questions,questions,questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> questions,questions,questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
questions,questions,questions - 7/7/2009 5:39:15 PM   
Iron Duke

Hi
Do any units respawn?
When an LCU is destroyed do they reapear in the rienforcement queue or are they lost forever?, thinking that IRL the panzer and motorised units at Stalingrad were reformed after being destroyed , in fact i cannot think of any armoued/motorised division(axis) that didn't get reformed?

Could you give an indication to what divisional size units are last to appear on the reinforcement queue? Muncheburg Panzer Div. etc.

thanks in advance

"Bombers outpacing fighters - you've got to bloody well laugh!" Australian Buffalo pilot - Singapore
Post #: 1
RE: questions,questions,questions - 7/7/2009 6:37:15 PM   
PyleDriver

German units reform, the Soviets have to build new ones...Can't give out any info on reinforcements...Sorry...

Jon Pyle
AWD Beta tester
WBTS Alpha tester
WitE Alpha tester
WitW Alpha tester
WitE2 Alpha tester

(in reply to Iron Duke)
Post #: 2
RE: questions,questions,questions - 7/7/2009 8:23:20 PM   
paullus99

There were some German infantry divisions that were destroyed and rebuilt more than a half-dozen times. Several motorized/Panzer Divisions were reformed more than a few times as well.

Never Underestimate the Power of a Small Tactical Nuclear Weapon...

(in reply to PyleDriver)
Post #: 3
RE: questions,questions,questions - 7/7/2009 9:24:56 PM   
Montbrun

Off the top of my head, 10th Panzer was never reformed, and 15th Panzer was reformed as 15th Panzergrenadier.

(in reply to paullus99)
Post #: 4
RE: questions,questions,questions - 7/13/2009 12:45:47 AM   
borjsgm

Continuing the thought here:
Later in the war German div size units start coming back as Volksgrenadier (the infantry divs). Will this happen (with name change too)? Or do the VG units show on OB as separate units? Will SS Grenadier divs respawn after destruction?
LW ground divs were formed, and then those that weren't destroyed were canabalized for VG units and regular line units. Will we have the opportunity to disband burned out/useless units and send the equipment back to pool?
How will the ersatz divs be portrayed, or I guess any of the training divs that actually never saw combat (or very limited combat)?
Will the TOE changes during the war be modeled?
Sorry, lots of questions, maybe unanswerable, but any info you can give would be great.

(in reply to Montbrun)
Post #: 5
RE: questions,questions,questions - 7/13/2009 6:42:42 PM   
Helpless

quote:

Will this happen (with name change too)? Or do the VG units show on OB as separate units?

As TOE changes, unit will change it's name as well.

quote:

Will we have the opportunity to disband burned out/useless units and send the equipment back to pool?

Yes

quote:

Will the TOE changes during the war be modeled?

Sure.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

(in reply to borjsgm)
Post #: 6
RE: questions,questions,questions - 7/13/2009 7:12:27 PM   
paullus99

Hitler loved to see large numbers of units on his maps - of course, after 1942 most of those units were either burnt-out shells or barely fleshed out new units with little combat power (i.e. the LW Divisions). It sounds like it may be possible to avoid or mitigate this somewhat by disbanding & combining units - perhaps even preventing lots of wasted units to be raised & instead refit existing divisions?

That sound about right?

Never Underestimate the Power of a Small Tactical Nuclear Weapon...

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 7
RE: questions,questions,questions - 7/13/2009 7:14:42 PM   
Helpless

quote:

Hitler loved to see large numbers of units on his maps - of course, after 1942 most of those units were either burnt-out shells or barely fleshed out new units with little combat power (i.e. the LW Divisions). It sounds like it may be possible to avoid or mitigate this somewhat by disbanding & combining units - perhaps even preventing lots of wasted units to be raised & instead refit existing divisions?

That sound about right?

Yes

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

(in reply to paullus99)
Post #: 8
Supply Questions et al - 7/16/2009 5:51:33 PM   
borjsgm

Hiya
How is supply going to be modeled? Specifically for those units away from primary delivery methods (major roads/rails), how is supply to be handled? 
Will units be able to construct fortifications when outside cities as in WIR? What impact if any will these forts have on supply, movement, etc?

As we will not be able to change german production (can we change sov prod?), will we be able to accelerate it? IE can we put more supply towards factory expansion (or whatever it might take?)

And the big question: What will happen towards 44/45 when the western allies land in france, and start moving towards germany? Might sound silly, but...won't the game automatically end, regardless of what we do in the east? I personally don't care one way or the other, since the thrill is just to see how good I can do against the historical base, but...it would be a bummer to have a sizzling eastern camp dx'd due to the fall of the western zone...

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 9
RE: Supply Questions et al - 7/16/2009 6:50:04 PM   
Capt Cliff

quote:

ORIGINAL: borjsgm

Hiya
How is supply going to be modeled? Specifically for those units away from primary delivery methods (major roads/rails), how is supply to be handled? 
Will units be able to construct fortifications when outside cities as in WIR? What impact if any will these forts have on supply, movement, etc?

As we will not be able to change german production (can we change sov prod?), will we be able to accelerate it? IE can we put more supply towards factory expansion (or whatever it might take?)

And the big question: What will happen towards 44/45 when the western allies land in france, and start moving towards germany? Might sound silly, but...won't the game automatically end, regardless of what we do in the east? I personally don't care one way or the other, since the thrill is just to see how good I can do against the historical base, but...it would be a bummer to have a sizzling eastern camp dx'd due to the fall of the western zone...

If the game has a historical profile you'll lose 1st, 2nd and 9th and 10th SS panzer to the west. I like how WiR handled the western front, some what abstract but if you strip the west the game ends too soon. Will the western Front and Med be handled similar to War in Russia?

Capt. Cliff

(in reply to borjsgm)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> questions,questions,questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI