Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PHEM game trouble

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Tech Support >> PHEM game trouble Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PHEM game trouble - 7/18/2009 10:32:31 PM   
coreybowman

we are trying to set up a game. im playing germany, italy, hungry, romania vs. gb, usa, ussr, fr, and poland. im going first as germany press end turn.it tells me to send file then when u load the file it says the turn is done. it wont bring up the next turn.
Post #: 1
RE: PHEM game trouble - 7/18/2009 11:35:43 PM   
cpdeyoung

You are sending the file to the player playing Great Britain I guess. Can he not get it to give him a turn? You (Germany) will not be able to load that turn till he finishes his various countries turns, zips the folder, and sends it back to you.

If he is having trouble with the folder you zipped and sent him then I have had some success with fixing such problems in RtV but have not heard of such problems in ToW, and not right after a German turn.

Chuck

(in reply to coreybowman)
Post #: 2
RE: PHEM game trouble - 7/18/2009 11:42:21 PM   
coreybowman

he cant get it to give him his turn. i figured if its a pbem game i should still be able to load the turn it would just be great britains turn. we both r getting the same message saying the turn is complete when we load the game.

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 3
RE: PHEM game trouble - 7/18/2009 11:50:17 PM   
cpdeyoung

If you care to send me the folder you are having trouble with, that would be the same zip file you sent him, I will be glad to look.

Before we do that though let me ask : Did you, by any chance send him the whole "PBEM" folder rather than the game folder. This would cause the problem. If so he needs to start with a fresh repo.dat.

Chuck

Post #: 4
RE: PHEM game trouble - 7/19/2009 1:17:46 AM   
coreybowman

yes i did send the repo file. we will see if that works. 

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 5
RE: PHEM game trouble - 7/19/2009 1:41:25 AM   
coreybowman

i was wondering, for troubleshooting purposes, after i end the turn and the fill is made if i delete the repo file the game should load for me right?

Post #: 6
RE: PHEM game trouble - 7/19/2009 2:41:59 AM   
cpdeyoung

Each player has his own repo.dat, which coordinates the flow of the game. You only pass the game folder back and forth. You should not try and reload the game while you opponent has it, and you will need it when he sends the folder back. If you need to look at your passed turn the Autosave file should allow that, but remember that it will come back with refreshed data from your opponent. The repo.dat file has all PBEM data in it, so do not delete it or overcopy it. In fact it might be worth a backup!

Chuck

Post #: 7
RE: PHEM game trouble - 7/19/2009 7:37:01 PM   
coreybowman

okay now we are having a new problem. we are playing the 1939 campaign. after gremany goes then bg, then myt turn again to play the minor axis. after i play all my countries and press end turn the event screen pops up with the allies event. so i choose save and quit.(i can press the other events but when i then send the file the game crashes.)then allies go and the same thing happens to him.(he gets my event) he presses save and quit and now when i try to load it, it says my turn is over.

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Tech Support >> PHEM game trouble Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI