Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Altering land_units.csv

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Scenarios and Mods >> Altering land_units.csv Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Altering land_units.csv - 7/25/2009 8:55:51 AM   
Maddoc06

I've sought to alter the names of some of the Spanish, Greek, Rumanian, Bulgarian, Turkish units in the 1939 Grand Campaign but the game crashes whenever I do so. It crashes even if I make a small change to a unit name!

I had no problem editing the land_units.csv in the previous version of the game, and I've had no problem providing realistic names to both navies and air forces of these countries in the new game, including some additional units, in the respective naval_units.csv and the air_units.csv .

I can't understand what is different about the land_units.csv so that it won't permit the game to start with any modification of the file.

Does anyone know?
Post #: 1
RE: Altering land_units.csv - 7/25/2009 10:11:57 AM   
cpdeyoung

If you have done this before you are probably aware that the European csv files use semicolon as a delimiter. Editing with Excel is thus a pain. If you use Notepad, or Notepad++ you will have better luck. I had no trouble editing the land_units.csv for a saved game. I did not want to do a scenario file, but will do so if the saved game file is not a good test, however I will bet the comma vs, semicolon problem is the one biting you.

Chuck

(in reply to Maddoc06)
Post #: 2
RE: Altering land_units.csv - 7/25/2009 10:20:20 AM   
cpdeyoung

Dear Maddoc06,

I just tried it wirh the land_units.csv in the 1939 scenario, and it worked fine, so I am betting the comma-semicolon issue is your problem.

Chuck

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 3
RE: Altering land_units.csv - 7/25/2009 11:35:37 AM   
Maddoc06

Thanks Chuck

Your solution worked perfectly with Notepad.

Maddoc

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 4
RE: Altering land_units.csv - 10/20/2009 10:28:20 AM   
cracker

hello i was eading your post ive tried to go to land cvs with notepad and it was blank i wanted to see if i can change game alittle like having tiger tanks in 1939 just to have alittle fun plz let me know if there is a way thanks just a few things also air units

(in reply to Maddoc06)
Post #: 5
RE: Altering land_units.csv - 10/20/2009 2:45:21 PM   
carnifex

You need to edit the land_units.csv in the /data/scenarios/[scenario name] folder. The one located in /editor is blank.

(in reply to cracker)
Post #: 6
RE: Altering land_units.csv - 10/22/2009 1:57:32 AM   
cracker

hello this isnt easy for someone who never did it this way most of the ones ive done are like commander europe at war im not going to mess around with this its to confusing but thanks if possible i just want to see if there is a way to change the production points or prestige whichever its called and if yes where to find it if lets say im playng 1939 grand and playing germany please help if you know in steps just for this thanks

(in reply to carnifex)
Post #: 7
RE: Altering land_units.csv - 10/22/2009 4:42:20 PM   
carnifex

If you want to change the production points you have to edit cities.csv and adjust individual cities. For the 1939 scenario go to your Time of Wrath folder then go to \data\scenarios\1939 Grand Campaign and open cities.scv using Notepad. You should see something like this

#Nazwa;X;Y;Typ;VP;PP;ZaopWlasne;StrategicBombardmentLosses
Aarhus;117;64;1;0;1;9;0
Aberdeen;82;56;1;1;3;8;0
Achit;259;62;4;0;2;0;0
Adana;199;144;1;0;0;10;0
Afyonkarahisar;181;139;1;0;0;8;0

The production points for each city are the fifth number so if you want to change Aberdeen from 3 PP to 10 PP then edit the Aberdeen line to look like this

Aberdeen;82;56;1;1;10;8;0

then save and that's it.

I would recommend making a copy of the Campaign folder you're going to edit - call it something like Custom Campaign. That way if you make a giant mistake you wont affect your standard scenario. After you make all the changes, select the Custom Campaign when you start a new game and all your new changes should load.

(in reply to cracker)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Scenarios and Mods >> Altering land_units.csv Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI