Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Case White AAR (After action report)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Case White AAR (After action report) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Case White AAR (After action report) - 7/24/2009 1:34:39 PM   
Tonqeen

What happens when u retire units? You gain some BP or just that you cant draw them from forcepool again? Aint it better to have them or not have them? Or do they cost something to maintain?

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 31
RE: Case White AAR (After action report) - 7/24/2009 3:28:36 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tonqeen

What happens when u retire units? You gain some BP or just that you cant draw them from forcepool again? Aint it better to have them or not have them? Or do they cost something to maintain?

The units costs nothing to maintain for just beeing on the map. Some units, like aircraft, cost oil (if playing with that optional rule) when you use them for a mission.

I was refering to the reserve pool. (See picture)

When you play with pilots (a optional rule most use) you put the aircraft you do not have pilots for in the reserve pool.

A pilot costs 2 build points to train. A aircraft counter costs 2 to 4 build points depending on what type of aircraft it is. To get a new AC on the map you need to build both one pilot and one AC. Or you can remove one of your on map AC to the reserve pool and then get to use that pilot for one of your newly build AC. That way you can save the build point cost for the pilot when you upgrade your airforce.

If one of your AC gets destroyed and the pilot survives (roughly 30-50% chance the pilots survive depending on situation) you can then take one AC from the reserve pool for your surviving pilots to use.

Picture of all the aircraft in the reserve pool at the beginning of Global War. (Picture from another game than the one Peskpesk is doing the AAR on)

Attachment (1)

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Tonqeen)
Post #: 32
RE: Case White AAR (After action report) - 7/24/2009 3:48:25 PM   
composer99

Looks good, peskpesk; I assume the thorough, step-by-step documentation is to provide a framework for AIO decision-making.

Oh, and btw, when you misuse precious air activities in a land impulse, you "waste" them. Your "waist" is that thing around your midriff whose expansion you must constantly struggle against.

~ Composer99

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 33
RE: Case White AAR (After action report) - 7/24/2009 4:03:47 PM   
peskpesk

quote:

ORIGINAL: composer99
Oh, and btw, when you misuse precious air activities in a land impulse, you "waste" them. Your "waist" is that thing around your midriff whose expansion you must constantly struggle against.

Well, spelling have never been my strong point! Sorry!
But Experts claim that “beer does not cause pot bellies”, The Sun reported. The newspaper said the researchers had found that heavy drinkers do put on weight, but it is spread all over their body. It said that the pot belly, long thought to be associated with drinking, may be due more to genetics.

< Message edited by peskpesk -- 7/24/2009 5:53:03 PM >

"'Malta - The Thorn in Rommel's Side"

(in reply to composer99)
Post #: 34
RE: Case White AAR (After action report) - 7/24/2009 5:22:51 PM   
Kwik E Mart

quote:

ORIGINAL: peskpesk

Case White AAR (After action report)

German Air Force High Command (OKL)

Situation during axis first impulse and the after German ground strikes.

A black Porsche stops outside German Air Force High Command (OKL) and Reichsmarschall Hermann Göring is for the first time of the war summoned to Berlin to answer for the failures.

The ground strike on Brest-litovsk have a little more than 50% success and in Lodz the was 74% success on each target! But only one unit is disorganized, the 5-3 INF in Lodz.

Great AAR, guys! I seem to remember a discussion on the forum regarding including the necessary successful die roll in the results area...eg, HS 123 needs 2 or less to disorganize Rydz, rolls 10, fails to disorganize Rydz...even if it wasn't discussed, it would be a welcome addition, IMO - if only for newbies or rusty players.

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

(in reply to peskpesk)
Post #: 35
RE: Case White AAR (After action report) - 7/25/2009 3:38:31 AM   
morgil

Oops, seems the Polish gambit paid off..for Poland that is.
What will Germany do now, extract heavy punishment on some outlying troops im sure, but will there another shot for Göring during Fall Weiß ?
And moreover, can this lead to a 2 turn war ?
We trust that Rundstedt will do what he was brought in to do.

Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein.

(in reply to Kwik E Mart)
Post #: 36
RE: Case White AAR (After action report) - 7/25/2009 7:34:00 PM   
Taxman66

Thus is (partly) the risk of having such a strong force near Belgium/Nertherlands. Those extras bombers would look awfully nice over hear for Impulse 3.

< Message edited by Taxman66 -- 7/25/2009 7:44:50 PM >

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to morgil)
Post #: 37
RE: Case White AAR (After action report) - 7/25/2009 8:12:53 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Taxman66

Thus is (partly) the risk of having such a strong force near Belgium/Nertherlands. Those extras bombers would look awfully nice over hear for Impulse 3.

Yes.

In retrospect, one of the major difference between how I would set up the Germans and the way Peter has done so here is that I would have the western front receive the absolute minimum number of units. I would put all my strength into taking Poland, with the hope that after the first impulse, some of the units would be able to immediately start moving back to take out the Netherlands later in the first turn. But if things went badly in Poland, all hands would be present to deliver the coup de grace to Poland.

The exceptions to this would be placing one of the HQs in the west and having units capable of taking out Denmark in impulse 3.

As for air units, the better fighters would be in the west. I would expect to be able to rebase any air units the are not needed in Poland back to the west in time for festivities there.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 38
RE: Case White AAR (After action report) - 7/25/2009 10:56:17 PM   
peskpesk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

Yes.

In retrospect, one of the major difference between how I would set up the Germans and the way Peter has done so here is that I would have the western front receive the absolute minimum number of units. I would put all my strength into taking Poland, with the hope that after the first impulse, some of the units would be able to immediately start moving back to take out the Netherlands later in the first turn. But if things went badly in Poland, all hands would be present to deliver the coup de grace to Poland.

The exceptions to this would be placing one of the HQs in the west and having units capable of taking out Denmark in impulse 3.

As for air units, the better fighters would be in the west. I would expect to be able to rebase any air units the are not needed in Poland back to the west in time for festivities there.

Most players have their own favourite way of disposition the German units for a Polish campaign, and all have their strengths and weaknesses.

As I see it roughly, for the Global war scenario has the German player has 4 basic setups strategies, regarding Poland, for land units to choose from.

Land setups strategies
• A German Screen campaign
• A German France First campaign
• A German Normal campaign
• A German Grand campaign

A German France First campaign is when Germany risk that Poland survives for an extra turn or two at the gain of the chance to knock out France early in the war, by going through Belgium in the second/third axis impulse of Sep/Oct 39.

A German Screen campaign is an escalated France First opening, when Germany mostly tries to hold the Polish units at the bay (not conquering Poland until later in the war) and comities everything in a win and lost trust against France.

A German Normal campaign is a historical Polish camping, with just a few extra units on the western front. Germany normally takes Lodz and Warsaw during Impulse 3-5 of Sep/Oct 39. And then rushes back against the Netherlands/Belgium and/or Denmark/Norway. Sometimes
-. normally when HQ is left on the western front to reorganises a few good reserves - the extra units can pull some bonus camping on the west front before the rest of the units arrive

A German grand Campaign is when only a few Screen units are left on the western front against France and Poland is quickly crushed by overwhelming German forces. Germany then normal makes a detour to Balkan(Yugoslavia/Hungary) and/or a 40(39!?) Barbarossa or returns to the west front.

This can be combined with 3 basic setups strategies for the air force units, regarding Poland.
Air setups strategies
• small air force
• normal air force
• large air force

In my AAR the land setup was normal campaign a normal air force setup, but both at the bottom number of units for that strategy.

< Message edited by peskpesk -- 7/26/2009 8:57:11 AM >

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 39
RE: Case White AAR (After action report) - 7/25/2009 11:50:11 PM   
Taxman66

I think the Air force committed to Poland was on the light side, particularly considering the better bombers (sans the Stuka) were over in the west.

I (at least) prefer to play a little more cautiously and have extra bombers available in the later impulse(s). As it stands Germany is now looking at 2 unflipped (i.e. not disorganized) units in Warsaw.

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to peskpesk)
Post #: 40
RE: Case White AAR (After action report) - 7/26/2009 3:16:15 AM   
Extraneous

If your using Option 20

ZOCs don’t extend: Option 20: (Surprised ZoCs) from a surprised unit.

Choose the German land unit(s) to march into Warsaw.

You can use the XLIX Mountain Corps (and/or what ever is under it) Southwest of Danzig; or Von Rundstedt and/or the XLVII Panzer Corps 1 hex East of the XLIX Mountain Corps.

Then capture Lodz where the Rydz Army and the disorganized Pozan Corps are.

Mop up the Polish frount line.

Poland is conquered at the end of turn stage.

< Message edited by Extraneous -- 7/26/2009 3:40:47 AM >

University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 41
RE: Case White AAR (After action report) - 7/26/2009 8:53:22 AM   
Orm

quote:

I think the Air force committed to Poland was on the light side, particularly considering the better bombers (sans the Stuka) were over in the west.

I (at least) prefer to play a little more cautiously and have extra bombers available in the later impulse(s). As it stands Germany is now looking at 2 unflipped (i.e. not disorganized) units in Warsaw.

Germany in this AAR report only got one stuka and it was on the Polish front. Overall the German bomber draw was bad. On the west front are only 2 LND3 with 3 in tactical factors, not what I call a heavy commitment with bombers on the west front either.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 42
RE: Case White AAR (After action report) - 7/26/2009 12:35:55 PM   
Taxman66

The Bf110 is basically a bomber itself and counts as another 3 TAC bomber. Admitidly the GE draw wasn't that good, but still... Maybe I'm just more of a cautious player. I also don't terribly favor attacking the low lands in '39 the chit values are much higher before being diluted with the '40 chits... But if you are one of those players that bypasses the Netherlands I can see the reason for it.

Also by using the one good GE FTR as a bomber vs. the POLs GE is left facing without A2A advantage should the CW elect to fight with the Polish air force instead of fleeing. An option I would now seriously consider as the CW. If you had the Bf110 (or one of the other bombers) on the Polish front you could have used it instead of the Me109. If the Pols fly against you have the +3/-3 table. If the CW interns the Polish Air force you then can use the 2 TAC Me109 on impulse 3 (if needed) or rebase him west.

---
As for the surpised ZOC rule, I'm not sure how many people play with that regularly. The group I used to play with never did. We considered it way too powerful & a *hugely* pro-GE optional. Though it does mean that GE almost has to allow RU's border claims.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 43
RE: Case White AAR (After action report) - 7/26/2009 12:53:10 PM   
peskpesk

Early in the morning of the 1st September is an emergency staff meeting held in 2nd Army Headquarters between Fedor von Bock (Army Group West) and Gerd von Rundstedt (Army Group North). The Field Marshals are studying the big table map of Poland where wooden pieces representing German and Polish forces are cluttered around. The atmosphere is tense and none of the dozen of mixed offers and aids that lines the walls dares to speak.
A firm knock on the door breaks the silence and a young lieutenant wearing the wearing a muddy weapon coat and with motorcycle glasses enters the room and salutes and hands over a briefcase to a general’s aid. The aid quickly opens the bag and hangs the content on the wall, aerial photos. The group of mixed officers discreetly review the result.

Von Bock looked up from the map “Are that the photos from the second plane?”
An Unknown captain stepped forward “Yes, sir! And I'm afraid they confirm the result.”
“So you are saying that that a direct assault on Lodz is no longer possible?”
“That is not for me to say sir, but Polish positions are not as disrupted as we would like...”
“Thank you captain,” interrupted von Rundstedt, “I'm confident that my army group will take the city eventually, but the assault will wear down our panzer armies and leave our forces depleted. The defensive lines are in too good order, recognises aircraft photos even shows that the Headquarters of Rydz-Smigly is in fighting condition.”
“And the way to Warsaw?” asked von Bock and turned back to the map.
Von Rundstedt pointed to a forest north east of the capital. “The defenders are dug in here, but that will not help them, they will be cursed, but I fear not in time to reach the capitals before the elite Polish reserves reach it.”
Troubled Von Bock scratched his face, “So we need a new plan then?”
“Correct, any suggestions?”
"Lets ignore the factory line for now, that is the last thing the Poles will expect.” the Field Marshals pushed a wooden shovel like stick with his wooden pieces down towards Krakow, “ We swing down to fast to the south and hit Krakow hard with my panzer armies and takes it before they are ready for us. The Poles will be feeling overconfident and safe when no of our armies are near. Also we soon take the important iron and cool mines outside the town, this will make Minster of industries very happy.”
Von Rundstedt nodded intrigued. Von Bock continued and moves two armies to the forest near Breslau. “Our spies report that the defenders in it are only a division and these are is enough to annihilate them.” With a final swoop of the stick he half encircled Poznan with the last units of his army group. “I will personally command the forces attacking Poznan, it will be tough but we will make it!”
"This not a too drastic plan, a little risky but it will suite our needs very well, all the Polish defenders will need to concentrate here to save Warsaw and leave the rest of the country to us. We can build up a choke hold on the capital and Lodz.”
Von Bock agreed and swung his stick toward the polish costal cites, “Gdynia and Danzig, will you take them?”
“Yes, I like to see Edward Rydz-Smigly faces when he learns that direct help from the Western Allies is not coming!”, a little tic in the corner of the mouth almost made the field marshal smile before he controlled himself and continued by pushing his elite MTN army, position close to Warsaw, over to Poznan. “With these to assist you I'm sure the assault on the town will go smoothly.”
“That will suffice, consider Poznan in our hands.”
Von Rundstedt nodded and shuffled anther unit, but this one odd looking piece, toward Lodz and Warsaw, "Soon I will bring the 150mm Artillery down on the defenders of the factory line, and they will succeed in doing what Luftwaffe failed to-do!”
Von Bock fails to hide an evil grin.

Land Movement/Land combat declaration

Notable events:
• The 1-4 ENG overruns Gdynia and Danzig thereby stepping on the Polish navy, but he Poles are luck both the CA and CP survives and Escapes to England.
• The 1-4 ENG moves to the north of Capital, ready to assist breaking the river line the next axis impulse.
• The 4-2 ART is position to bear down on both Lodz and Warsaw.
• Both the 6-4 MTN and 7-4 INF from East Prussia, helps with the assault on Poznan.
• The south armoured spearhead makes a quick redeployment to Krakow, but still there is a small risk the attack might stall there…
• The north armoured spearhead makes a blitz attack on the forest and also faces a small risk the attack might stall there…
• No GE HQ support.
• No GE ground support.

Situation during axis first impulse and before Land combat resolution.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by peskpesk -- 7/26/2009 1:34:27 PM >

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 44
RE: Case White AAR (After action report) - 7/27/2009 3:58:56 PM   
peskpesk

Germany rolled: 9,8,8,14 on the land attacks and suffered no effects, but all the polish units was destroyed.

Situation after axis first impulse. Now the Western Allies may have a crack on Germany with at least some planes.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to peskpesk)
Post #: 45
RE: Case White AAR (After action report) - 7/27/2009 4:16:30 PM   
sajbalk

Thanks for the AAR, PeskPesk. Did you consider leaving the Polish ships alone so that the CW would either have to use its naval moves in the combined to evacuate them before you took Copenhagen or left them to die. The CW will have to take a combined to reinforce Warsaw.

Steve Balk
Iowa, USA

(in reply to peskpesk)
Post #: 46
RE: Case White AAR (After action report) - 7/27/2009 11:55:58 PM   
Kwik E Mart

Any feedback on this question? Thanks

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

quote:

A black Porsche stops outside German Air Force High Command (OKL) and Reichsmarschall Hermann Göring is for the first time of the war summoned to Berlin to answer for the failures.

The ground strike on Brest-litovsk have a little more than 50% success and in Lodz the was 74% success on each target! But only one unit is disorganized, the 5-3 INF in Lodz.

Great AAR, guys! I seem to remember a discussion on the forum regarding including the necessary successful die roll in the results area...eg, HS 123 needs 2 or less to disorganize Rydz, rolls 10, fails to disorganize Rydz...even if it wasn't discussed, it would be a welcome addition, IMO - if only for newbies or rusty players.

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Post #: 47
RE: Case White AAR (After action report) - 7/28/2009 12:27:51 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

Any feedback on this question? Thanks

quote:

quote:

Maybe.

Inserting the necessary die roll into each line would take room and I am not sure that there will be enough (e.g., HQ Eisenhower & friends with similarly long names). The reason the map is so small is because I had that concern earlier.

And if we are also talking about strategic bombing, then there are two break points: for lost production points and factory destruction.

In general, the player will learn these rules pretty fast - or refer to the tables to reacquire the information when this comes up. Indeed, I would expect him to have done so before making the attack.

Steve

Post #: 48
RE: Case White AAR (After action report) - 7/28/2009 1:03:39 AM   
Tonqeen

And those tables will be easy accesseble?

Post #: 49
RE: Case White AAR (After action report) - 7/28/2009 3:09:15 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tonqeen

And those tables will be easy accesseble?

Yes. The terrain effects chart is accessible with a double click on the "current terrain" panel of the main form (e.g., Forest). The WIF FE tables can be viewed as a PDF from a drop down of the main menu bar.

Attachment (1)

Steve

(in reply to Tonqeen)
Post #: 50
RE: Case White AAR (After action report) - 7/28/2009 3:48:13 PM   
Joseignacio

quote:

There is somethin wrong here. The fighter-bombers (or whatever the name is) like this BF 109 can only fly half of the distance when they are used like bombers (unless this rule is optional), having a range of 2 it's impossible it arrived from the german lines to the target.

(in reply to peskpesk)
Post #: 51
RE: Case White AAR (After action report) - 7/28/2009 4:01:53 PM   
Gurggulk

Joseignacio,

The BF-109 E2, was flying from the hex with the Mountain korp, in East Prussia. It started as a 5 air to air factor, but became a 4 air to air when used as a Fighter bomber.
Just check the previous screen shots to see the Fighter deployed.

I was also perplexed about that fighter bomber, until looking back in the thread.

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 52
RE: Case White AAR (After action report) - 7/28/2009 5:21:27 PM   
peskpesk

quote:

ORIGINAL: sajbalk

Thanks for the AAR, PeskPesk. Did you consider leaving the Polish ships alone so that the CW would either have to use its naval moves in the combined to evacuate them before you took Copenhagen or left them to die. The CW will have to take a combined to reinforce Warsaw.

Not so much. I figured Commonwealth only badly needs one naval move anyway, to get some fleet into North Sea in order to be able to intercept any German fleet. And since CW has two naval moves in a combined they could have saved either of the Polish CA or CP, with the last naval move.
For each naval unit you overrun it’s no so bad odds of something happening to it.

1D10
1: Germany takes control of the naval unit.
2-4: Destroyed.
5+: Commonwealth keeps takes control of the naval unit.

So for each unit you have 40% of capturing it or destroying it.

But you are correct it, should probably been considered more, just to mess with Commonwealth anyway.

< Message edited by peskpesk -- 7/28/2009 5:22:25 PM >

(in reply to sajbalk)
Post #: 53
RE: Case White AAR (After action report) - 7/28/2009 6:11:31 PM   
peskpesk

The Anglo French Supreme War Council, sometimes known as the Supreme War Council (SWC) had its first meeting was at Abbeville on 12 September 1939,but when the composition of the SWC was decided, the Commander-in-Chief of the British Expeditionary Force (BEF), Lord Gort was not a member; yet his French counterpart, General Maurice Gamelin was! And it end with a minor debacle. It was decided that all offensive actions were to be halted immediately!
This ended the Saar Offensive which started on 7 September, four days after France declared war on Germany, when, the Wehrmacht was occupied in the attack on Poland, and the French soldiers enjoyed a decisive numerical advantage along the border with Germany. Eleven French divisions advanced along a 32 km line near Saarbrücken against weak German opposition. The French Army had advanced to a depth of 8 km, captured about 20 villages evacuated by the German army, without any resistance.

Notable events:
• One Us entry chits is lost when the Wester allies declare war on Germany.
• France takes a Naval.
• Commonwealt takes a Combined.
• Germany, Commonwealt and France calles out the reserves. Germany deployes heavily on the Border to Belgium and Netherlands. France filles the Maginotline and Lille.
• Wester Allies can’t agree how to spend the air force during the surprise. France wants to strike german HQs and bomb factories but Commonwealt wants to bomb the german navy.

Port Strike
After som debate the Commonwealt uses it excelent range of the Blenheim bomber to reach a fine Germany navy stack.

Situation during allies first impulse and before Port strike, spending surprise points.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by peskpesk -- 7/28/2009 6:13:07 PM >

(in reply to peskpesk)
Post #: 54
RE: Case White AAR (After action report) - 7/28/2009 10:52:59 PM   
Joseignacio

True. Although that was not what I was objecting (the air combat factor), it enlightened me anyway. So, it seems that the statistics of the plane are modified in the bombing screen, that's why a plane with movement factor 5 appears like MF 2, which was what was driving me mad.

(in reply to Gurggulk)
Post #: 55
RE: Case White AAR (After action report) - 7/28/2009 11:04:11 PM   
sajbalk

Regarding the Map: should it not be "Moravia", instead of "Morovia" for the region in Czech.?

Steve Balk
Iowa, USA

(in reply to peskpesk)
Post #: 56
RE: Case White AAR (After action report) - 7/29/2009 12:21:45 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joseignacio

True. Although that was not what I was objecting (the air combat factor), it enlightened me anyway. So, it seems that the statistics of the plane are modified in the bombing screen, that's why a plane with movement factor 5 appears like MF 2, which was what was driving me mad.

I made the change in the range number to a grey background primarily for using carrier air units - to identify which are fighters and which are bombers. In this case it is a fighter-bomber that has chosen to fly as a bomber.

Perhaps changing the number within the grey is a bad idea. I could just change the color of the range for fighter-bombers when they fly as bombers.

The purpose behind all this is to let the defender know whether the fighter-bomber is a fighter or a bomber when he is deciding about interceptors.

Steve

Post #: 57
RE: Case White AAR (After action report) - 7/29/2009 3:54:01 AM   
paulderynck

quote:

I made the change in the range number to a grey background primarily for using carrier air units - to identify which are fighters and which are bombers. In this case it is a fighter-bomber that has chosen to fly as a bomber.

Perhaps changing the number within the grey is a bad idea. I could just change the color of the range for fighter-bombers when they fly as bombers.

The purpose behind all this is to let the defender know whether the fighter-bomber is a fighter or a bomber when he is deciding about interceptors.

I hope you don't mean that in MWIF a CVP flying as a bomber is half-range? Their range doesn't change in either role.

Paul

Post #: 58
RE: Case White AAR (After action report) - 7/29/2009 5:13:28 AM   
BallyJ

quote:

I always thought that MF5 halfed to 2and a 1/2, which rounded up to 3.????? which is right when rounding ranges?

Post #: 59
RE: Case White AAR (After action report) - 7/29/2009 5:34:59 AM   
Froonp

quote:

ORIGINAL: BallyJ

quote:

I always thought that MF5 halfed to 2and a 1/2, which rounded up to 3.????? which is right when rounding ranges?

The original range was 3, which halved to 1.5, rounded to 2.
Joseignacio confused the starting A2A factor and the starting range. THe starting A2A factor was 5, which went down to 4 for being a bomber.

quote:

No, this is a good idea, please keep that as it is.
A ftighter flying as a bomber have its range halved, both for the raid and for the fly back to base, so it is better if only the reduced range is shown. Better for all sides.

(in reply to BallyJ)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Case White AAR (After action report) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI