Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bought Game On Steam - What is my serial key?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Bought Game On Steam - What is my serial key? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bought Game On Steam - What is my serial key? - 6/7/2009 11:41:01 AM   
swimming6

On steam, you aren't given a serial key. However when I try and get the patch off this forum, I'm asked to give a serial key.

The only solution I see to this is if it could be uploaded to steam or if I could get a serial key from someone?

But the latter makes me seem like i'm just steal a game off someone so that's obviously a stupid idea.

Any answers are welcomed.
Post #: 1
RE: Bought Game On Steam - What is my serial key? - 6/7/2009 12:06:25 PM   
Hard Sarge

I have seen the game for sale on Gamersgate, but it only for Europe, so I think Matrix has the US market

the overall patch should be from the makers of the game, so it will need to be picked up from them

(in reply to swimming6)
Post #: 2
RE: Bought Game On Steam - What is my serial key? - 6/7/2009 1:14:56 PM   
Erik Rutins

The update on our site is for customers that purchased the Matrix or TriSynergy releases of Hired Guns. We've put time in with the developers to follow up on bugs and other issues reported by our customers, who have in effect paid for the time we've spent getting these updates together.

Serial keys are individual to each customer and are our copy protection, if a serial key shows up being used by more than one person, it's removed from future updates.

I'm sorry, but if you purchased it from Steam you'll have to ask them (or the developers) for support.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 3
RE: Bought Game On Steam - What is my serial key? - 6/7/2009 8:56:42 PM   
Qwixt

You have to wait for special Steam updates on the many games that they sell, as the developer ones will not work due to the special Steam changes. Also, Matrix is completely separate from Steam.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
RE: Bought Game On Steam - What is my serial key? - 6/13/2009 10:42:35 AM   
PaulJG

Thanks for your reply.. I found the support site that came from a link in the install process: http://petergames.de/Hired-Guns-The-Jagged-Edge.47.0.html?&L=1
I think this is the same file that you guys are using. Bit strange though that you can buy the retail version without any form of serial key or CD protection!

Update: Darn! - still crashes out with windows 7 64 bit!, might have to try on my old XP laptop.

(in reply to Qwixt)
Post #: 5
RE: Bought Game On Steam - What is my serial key? - 6/13/2009 1:01:58 PM   
Erik Rutins

Not exactly the same, unfortunately. That updates to v1.07.00, without the additional data changes/improvements we made. We're at this point up to v1.08 and our first update was v1.07.001.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to PaulJG)
Post #: 6
RE: Bought Game On Steam - What is my serial key? - 7/28/2009 8:13:31 PM   
sir_zorp

Excuse me I might be stupid but I don’t understand. I have bought the game from a retailer here in Sweden; the game box didn’t contain anything except the game disc. No manual or any paper at all. The game didn’t need any serial to install so I played the game for a couple of days until I got tired of the groups disappearing on the main map. So I sent online to find a patch, witch I did. I downloaded the patch but I can’t install it since it asks for a serial key. Can I in some way find out what serial my copy has??

Post #: 7
RE: Bought Game On Steam - What is my serial key? - 7/28/2009 8:37:36 PM   
sir_zorp

Now i have tried the 1.05031 to 1.07 oatch witch I can run without a serial with the result that the game now say that my DVD is not the rigth one (before the game was one of the best in years because it din't need to have the DVD in when i played). Please help me.

(in reply to sir_zorp)
Post #: 8
RE: Bought Game On Steam - What is my serial key? - 7/28/2009 10:03:19 PM   
Erik Rutins

I'm sorry, sir_zorp, but we only support the Matrix Games / Tri Synergy release of Hired Guns here. That one went out to the North American Retail Market and was sold through our Online Store here. If you didn't get a copy that has the Matrix Games and/or Tri Synergy logos on it, then our updates won't work with your installation.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to sir_zorp)
Post #: 9
RE: Bought Game On Steam - What is my serial key? - 7/29/2009 9:11:44 AM   
sir_zorp

Thanks anyway. I got the game working eventually. I didn't know this was the US support site it was the only forum in English I could find, so if anyone else find this post in there search for answers and has the same problem as I had:
-You didn't get a key when you bought the game.
-you have the European English langue version of the game (I presume that the Russian/Italian/German version is not in English)
Download the patches from:
http://www.patches-scrolls.de/hired_guns_jagged_edge.php
First apply the German 1.01/1.05 patch and then the English version patches that works (I tried them all and I think Matrix version was the ones that worked)
If you try to launch the game before all patches are applied you might get the error "you don't have the patch in you're DVD" but this problem went away whit the final patch (you don't need to have the DVD in the drive when you play the game after all the patches are applied).

If someone tries to use this information to make the game work illegally, drop dead. The game is great support the developers so that they will release more games (hopefully the next game will not be so hard to update if you buy it legally..)

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Bought Game On Steam - What is my serial key? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI