Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Kudos! ... and an OB Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Kudos! ... and an OB Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Kudos! ... and an OB Question - 6/4/2002 4:49:50 PM   
IMJennifer

UV arrived in 24 hrs, installed flawlessly, and so far plays without a hitch! Every time I think I've found a glitch, either the manual, this forum, or reflecting on the logic of the situation has revealed that what I thought was a glitch turned out to be an integral part of the simulation. The role of the CIC in the South Pacific was fraught with complexity and characterized by a high degree of ambiguity; UV models this beautifully while remaining eminently playable. There are few (if any) easy answers, the lack of certainty and multiplicity of variables makes for an exciting and compelling experience. Thank you Matrix! Thank you 2by3!

...and especially, [COLOR=firebrick]thanks to Rob Roberson[/COLOR] -- your narrative has helped me so much to come to a better understanding of the flow, mechanics and rationale of the game. Your series of posts should be compiled and be downloadable for people new to the game!

[B]Question:[/B] Is there a way to download/print the order of battle? Ships, air groups, ground forces? I'd find that helpful -- and if it's mentioned in the manual or in a post somewhere that I missed, my face is red... I hate it when people use the forum for easy questions, but I can't find an answer.

Thanks
Post #: 1
Response... - 6/4/2002 9:12:22 PM   
Erik Rutins

Very glad to hear you're enjoying UV! :)

Regarding the OOBs, nope, you didn't miss it. There is currently no printable OOB.

However, there are the database and reinforcement lists within the game as well as the campaign editor, which lets you look at things in a bit more detail. Check your SCEN subfolder for a program called UV Campaign Editor.exe. It's not supported, but it's fairly straightforward if you want to take a look around.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to IMJennifer)
Post #: 2
Re: Kudos! ... and an OB Question - 6/6/2002 5:53:34 AM   
Slaughtermeyer

[QUOTE]Originally posted by IMJennifer
[B]
[B]Question:[/B] Is there a way to download/print the order of battle? Ships, air groups, ground forces? I'd find that helpful -- and if it's mentioned in the manual or in a post somewhere that I missed, my face is red... I hate it when people use the forum for easy questions, but I can't find an answer.

Thanks [/B][/QUOTE]

If printing the screen that has your arrivals schedule or unit database is something that you'd want to do, there already was a post on how to do that using the print screen command and the clipboard.

(in reply to IMJennifer)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Kudos! ... and an OB Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI