Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Squad Leader

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Squad Leader Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Squad Leader - 10/29/2000 3:48:00 AM   
McGib

I know this is off topic but I've searched and cant find any info. Just saw a game at a store called Squad Leader from Microprose. Microprose has a small write up on it but no magazine site or review site I know of has any thing about this game. Anybody know anything about it? ------------------ McGib Ready Aye Ready

Ready Aye Ready
Post #: 1
- 10/29/2000 4:08:00 AM   
Wild Bill

One thing it is not. It is not Squad Leader in the essence of the phrase. It might be better named Soldiers at War 2." You command a squad, single man combat, similar to other single man combat games. I'm not saying it is a bad game. I am just saying the the title "SL" is a misnomer. Now the one I am speaking of comes from Hasbro, who bought AH rights and games. If Microprose has another with the same name, that is going to be very confusing. I know nothing about that one. ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 2
- 10/31/2000 4:50:00 AM   
Rickenbacker

As far as I can tell from previews etc. it's really X-com set in World War 2. Now X-com is a great game, but it sure isn't Squad Leader . ------------------ Mats 'Rickenbacker' Nylund -------------------------- rickenbacker@innocent.com

Mats 'Rickenbacker' Nylund -------------------------- rickenbacker@innocent.com

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 3
- 11/1/2000 10:19:00 AM   
rich12545

More reviews and player's comments have come out and none of them positive. This one needs a lot of work before it'll be playable.

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 4
- 11/1/2000 4:55:00 PM   
bryanmaguire

quote:

Originally posted by rich12545: More reviews and player's comments have come out and none of them positive. This one needs a lot of work before it'll be playable.
where have you seen info on this game? I cant find it on the Matrix and any previews I have seen are really out of date.

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 5
- 11/1/2000 7:21:00 PM   
David F. Wall

Note that Microprose was eaten by Hasbro some time ago, and things that used to come from them now come from Hasbro Interactive. Hasbro is only using the Microprose name enough to maintain thair legal rights to the trademark, the same way they do with Parker Brothers. DFW

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 6
- 11/1/2000 8:54:00 PM   
rich12545

There are several discussions and review links on the usenet strategic board. This game was going to be a must buy for me. I've been waiting for a good one in this scale ever since Ambush almost 20 years ago. And it looks like I'll continue waiting. Too bad.

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Squad Leader Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI